200 in the 2013...in Texas!

Ataim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is worse that street racing. Could they not find a track to run it on? BAD on SRT for posting.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is worse that street racing. Could they not find a track to run it on? BAD on SRT for posting.

Wusss;)

Seriously,
Car manufactures and media productions do this stuff on the regular. Roads are closed to the public. Authorities are notified and in some cases An Ambulance is required to be paid for and on standby. Conditions are picked(for example they wouldn't go out on a rainy or windy day.)

If you consider this worse than street racing then you are out of touch with reality.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait I thought they said the car would go 206 MPH....the sky is surely falling now. :rolaugh:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid. Judging from how long it took to go from 199mph to 200mph Id guess they would need a whole lot more real estate to hit that 206mph....Nice to see an official 200mph vid.

Ataim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Video said track

Sorry I missed the they said track at the end of the video.

Wusss;)

Seriously,
Car manufactures and media productions do this stuff on the regular. Roads are closed to the public. Authorities are notified and in some cases An Ambulance is required to be paid for and on standby. Conditions are picked(for example they wouldn't go out on a rainy or windy day.)

If you consider this worse than street racing then you are out of touch with reality.

If they performed this on open streets then yes I think it is worse than street racing. As car manufacture they should not be going on an OPEN road, 200 MPH. BUT I missed the "track" at the end of the vid, so I retract my previous statement.

I had a very good friend killed by a driver going way to fast, lost control and killed him. I cannot help if have a strong stance against street racing.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

I am not sure how any of you would think that SRT would be irresponsible enough to perform 200mph mule tests on open public roads. :rolleyes:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I receive mine in Jan/Feb as planned, I'll run it at the Texas Mile in March, to see what it will do in the standing mile. I'm estimating 190s, if the weather is nice. www.texasmile.net

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

If I receive mine in Jan/Feb as planned, I'll run it at the Texas Mile in March, to see what it will do in the standing mile. I'm estimating 190s, if the weather is nice. www.texasmile.net

Will be great to see you there! Better get your hotel room NOW, otherwise you will be way away from the event....unless you staying in an RV/Camper.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those who saw the full length realize how fantastic this was. SRT is very modest in saying just the word condition at the end of this video. The correct phrase should have been deplorable condition. Eric Heuschele proved he is an Engineer with some stones , as the car was bouncing and wandering around the road and though not apparent in this video , the track has a slight bend in it prior to a longer turn.

Too bad the full length could not be shown as some of Eric's comments attaining warp speed are flat asp hilarious!!!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I intend to be there and will be rooting for you, but I do think that 190 is a stretch. Remember that stock ZR1s were averaging mid/high 170s or low 180s with good weather. Both the ZR1 and the Gen V have similar power/weight/gearing. Either way, it would be awesome to have a Gen V at the mile this coming spring. :drive:

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 206 WAS achieved on this test. Just not shown.

Pretty impressive, given the purported 300 lbs of downforce at 150 mph and 500 lbs at V-max. ACR gets over 1000 lbs at 150 mph, but tops out at 177 mph (184 for '10). Regular 08+ coupe sees only 100 lbs at 150 mph and has a lower (or about the same) top speed.

Can't wait for the Ring times.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I intend to be there and will be rooting for you, but I do think that 190 is a stretch. Remember that stock ZR1s were averaging mid/high 170s or low 180s with good weather. Both the ZR1 and the Gen V have similar power/weight/gearing. Either way, it would be awesome to have a Gen V at the mile this coming spring. :drive:

Good point. I was being overly eager :)

I'd expect it to run about the same, maybe slightly better, than a stock ZR1. But, we don't really have any hard data on how these cars actually perform, yet. I'll shoot for 180. The ZR1's running low 170s were done by lame drivers. Several lame Corvette drivers at that event, shifting way too early. I've also seen stock Gen 4 Vipers run 175-180, with the 2010 trans gearing.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember it vividly, including the comments that you mentioned :D

Those who saw the full length realize how fantastic this was. SRT is very modest in saying just the word condition at the end of this video. The correct phrase should have been deplorable condition. Eric Heuschele proved he is an Engineer with some stones , as the car was bouncing and wandering around the road and though not apparent in this video , the track has a slight bend in it prior to a longer turn.

Too bad the full length could not be shown as some of Eric's comments attaining warp speed are flat asp hilarious!!!