2000 ACR turbo Build.

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will post pictures as they come. I will be building my kit around what i have already bought. I picked this up on alley a few weeks back. As soon as my other car gets the new turbo setup done on it, this motor will be coming out for all the goodies. Plan to send it to GG and have him to the assembly and do the heads along with a custom turbo cam. Should be a fun next couple of months!

Picture of the Car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gen 3 Intake i am going to run on it.

Ross Coated Turbo pistons.

Picture of the Twin 76 kit:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see a couple of potential problems already...

If you want me to explain, say so or PM me. If you don't want to hear it, I will be quiet...lol

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Granted, I am only going off a few pictures here, but:

1. The Ross pistons are coated through the ring lands. Generally, this is not a good move. It can cause the rings to be too tight in their grooves, it can cause the top ring to lose seal if gas cannot get behind it, and it can cause excess heat buildup in the rings, as they cannot transfer heat to the piston easily.

2. The wrist pins in the Ross piston appear to be stock. If sized for OE pins, your rod and pin options are extremely limited. I would not advise going back to a pressed-pin and stock rod on a TT build, especially not one with twin 76's. You are just choking its potential and asking for a failure at higher levels.

3. The dome profile on the pistons LOOKS like it is fly-cut or something similar on the top, and it runs into the edge. This can produce a sharp edge, and a chamber hot-spot leading to detonation or pre-ignition issues.

4. The Gen-3 manifold is actually a step backwards with regard to manifold volume.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

The pins are not stock, but tool stregth. As for the coating, have no clue. The gen three may be a step backwards for volume, but for looks and weight i will loose a few hp for that. If Greg Does not think these pistons will work etc.. I will just get a new set. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96