2000 Black GTS....Only year for a Black GTS?

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know us newbies....searching and reading as much as we can about the new Viper toy.

Is that true? The only year a Black GTS Viper could be had was in 2000? I was torn between the 96/97 Blue and White GTS's and the Black and Silver one I bought now. Thanks in advance

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - '99 and '00 for black and black/silver. You made a great color choice. AFAIK there were 92 '00 black/silver GTS's with the black interior and a few more ACRs.

OP
OP
H

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys.....I almost bought a black 96 RT/10 with silver stripes just before this GTS I got. Very sweet car!

OP
OP
H

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks a million cobramadness. Every Viper on here is beautiful in her own way. Even standing still these cars are awesome....just looking at them gives me goosebumps

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW: keep an eye on your oil consumption and/or check the build date of your car. It seems that they built a fair amount of the black/silver cars early in model year 2000 as I have heard of at least three of them having the cylinder sleeve issue (including mine).

OP
OP
H

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Moparman...

So far so good on the oil consumption....oil changed Jan 05 with Mobil 1....about 1500 miles....still full to the top of the stick.

My vin ends in 6599. Where does that fall compared to your vin?

Many thanks again for the heads up on the cylinder sleeve issue buddy.