2000 GTS acr alarm system disarming HELP!!

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my new 2000GTS ACR. Sold my 2000 BMW M5 to get it and I love it!!! Hit 170+ in this beast. Anyway I wanted to show my brother in law the engine but I forgot to turn the alarm off so it starts honking when I open the hood. I try to disarm it with my remote. No luck. I get in the car through the emergency door release and stick the key in the little glove box disarm thingy and it doesnt work. Finally to calm down the neigbors I pull the horn fuse to shut it up. 2 dealers told me to switch it to the accessory ignition position 3 times. No luck. I've tried everything. I call the Dodge 1-800-Screw-You Roadside assistance number and they said welp we have no clue we better tow it in. Then I wait out in 24 degree weather for 2 hours and the guy tells me it won't fit without destroying it on his truck!!! Help!!!!!! I know one of you pro's out there have a solution.

Your Viper Pal
Dan

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It worked!!! Thanks for all you fellow Viper people. I unhooked the battery for 5 minutes and reset the FOB and wala!!!!

You guys rock
Dan

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sold off your '00 M5 to buy a Viper? Now that IS a switch. Other than both being fast, those cars are polar opposites. What made you decide to switch?

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the M5 was just kinda boreing. No one could tell it was any different than a 540i. I just wanted more RAW power. I drove my buddies 2001 911 turbo porsche and I still liked the RAW deathkill balls of the Viper.

Also to fix the alarm problem I disconnected the battery went to go eat something for 10 minutes hooked it back up and wala!! The stupid glovebox switch was useless.

Also do any of you guys have any suggestions. I nicked the paint on the hood with a baby car seat. It looks like it just nicked the clearcoat. Its 1 inch lone and like as thin as a razor cut. Still ****** me off though. Can a nick like that be buffed out.

Thanks
Dan

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the reset sequence.

Step 1: Turn the ignition key from the OFF to ACC position 4 times as follows. OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-OFF.

Step 2: Open & close the following in any order so that you hear a single beep. Hood, driver door, passenger door, hatch back.

Step 3: Press both buttons on the key fob until the car beeps.

That's it. The system is reset.

This procedure is useful in many situations, after removing a battery, charging a dead battery, etc.

TO LIST ADMIN:
I have the TSB for it. Is there a place to post TSBs on this site?

Reaction score
This Board is a great resource of valuable information. My alarm locked me out twice today. The first time I was lucky as I was able to get a ride home to get the spare FOB which unlocked the car. But at home the problem repeated and neither FOB worked.

I remember this problem being addressed, so did a search and I am in was able to reset the alarm.

Thank you message board and all who operate, maintain, post meaningful information and moderators of this site.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21