jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLITHRN,
your freakin me out now!!
I have 4,500 miles on my car a 2001
it never overheated.
puke.gif
it did get up there but never went into the red.
I even drove delayed my shifts on the thruway to see if i could make it overheat. and it did not .
i guess i am okay
dunno.gif

i think my car was one of the first 2001's
took delivery in feb 2002 door jam indicates assembled november 2001 do we have a range of dates from when to when that the 2001 water pumps were bad???
more info about 2001's as soon as ya can.
thanks
JIM

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLITHRN

Come on- spill the beans. Or at least let us know if they forced a non-disclosure agreement on you!

Enquiring minds want to know

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STILL WAITING FOR DETAILS....

2001 RT-10 RUNS AT 195-205 DEGREES WITH NEW 185 DEGREE THERMOSTAT THAT BAS BEEN DRILLED!

NEVER SEEMS TO GET ANY HIGHER BUT EVERY OTHER CAR THAT I HAVE DONE THIS MOD TO WOULD BE RUNNING IN THE 170-180 DEGREE RANGE...

2001 RT-10 SHAPIRE/ SLVER STRIPES

Velox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates? Anybody? Mine is consistently on the third bar of the gauge. I don't have enough miles on my 2001 yet to drive it harder, and am hesitant to test the temp gods until this issue is clarified...

Thanks for all the info here, this is a great forum
supergrin.gif

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLITERN,

MAYBE YOU COULD QUIETLY WISPER (**********) WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE OVEHEATING PROBLEMS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER, LIKE A TUNER OR MECHANIC. THEN THEY COULD POST WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN THE DISCUSSION BOARDS TO HELP SAVE US POOR SOLES FROM A HORRIFIC MELTDOWN EXPERIANCE LIKE YOURS!

OP
OP
S

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from 5 day weekend, not avoiding you guys, but
Ssunburn hit it right on the head.

Ssunburn wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
At least let us know if they forced a non-disclosure agreement on you!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

coiled

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did we ever find out what the defect was for the 2001 motors that causes this.

thanks

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had no engine temp problems with my 01.It was a late build.Got it in July 01.Took it the day after it came into the dealer.First I put on a Corsa.Then after adding headers and No-cats engine coolant temp seemed to drop by around 10 deg.Fan still turns on at the same point when sitting too long or running hard.I keep a close eye on it due to the posts on this board.No hint of any problems yet. Bruce

OP
OP
S

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
I have had no engine temp problems with my 01.It was a late build.Got it in July 01.Took it the day after it came into the dealer.First I put on a Corsa.Then after adding headers and No-cats engine coolant temp seemed to drop by around 10 deg.Fan still turns on at the same point when sitting too long or running hard.I keep a close eye on it due to the posts on this board.No hint of any problems yet. Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bruce, that means you got a good one!

It seems to only effect certain cars. What the criteria is? I have no idea.

For Example:
There were 3 2001 vipers in our driving group. 2 of them had bad water pumps and massive overheating problems, the other one is the owners daily driver with over 20,000 miles on it, and he drives it hard and no overheating or waterpump problems.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cody - how many miles do you have on your FE so far?

Ashamed to admit but I'm just past 500 myself...weekends don't come fast and often enough...

Viper Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 GTS w/14K miles and it runs a little past the third hash mark under normal driving conditions. Seems a little hot to me - would feel more comfortable if it stayed at the center mark.

VB

coiled

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray from NJ:
What's amazing is over 2800 views and no one here wants, or maybe is not allowed, to give the details of this issue.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From past experiences with other manufacturers, I think its safe to say that anyone who has been unfortunate enough to encounter this problem after spending $90,000.00 on a car and got any type of relief from Dodge, either rebuild or buy back, they got hit with some type of non release/non disclosure agreement. (Sorry for the inconvenience, here's a free extended warrantee after rebuild or Here a brand new replacement car, and keep your mouth shut or we will sue your A$$ off). That just the way it works, keep the skeletons in the closet.

Plus you know that the VCA officials and higher ups know what the 411 is, but they are not going to risk their free perks and benefits they get to tell the truth. It is not in their best interest. Just keep putting your heads in the sand, I hope it never happens to you. But if it does, your covered anyways. Its all these non VCA insiders that have to suffer.

They don't want their signature car to get a black eye.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up to 4K now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nexus-6:
Hey Cody - how many miles do you have on your FE so far?

Ashamed to admit but I'm just past 500 myself...weekends don't come fast and often enough...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>