2001 PERFECT Viper GTS for SALE!!! DOWN TO $57,500 ONLY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the stripes on the car are factory stripes ofcourse. I bought the car brand new last October, therefor I am the 1st and only owner of ther car. The car does have a small key scratch done by some jealous passersby. I haven't painted the scratch, so that the buyer can see the scratch for himself/herself, and not think that the panel was painted due to an accident.

The car is in PERFECT condition! The wheels have NOT A SINGLE curb scratch on them. Except for the roughly 4 inch key scratch the car is the cleanest Viper around.

The lowest I am willing to sell is $57,500. This includes, as mentioned in the ad, the Corsa 3" Exhaust system, Random Technology High Flow Catalytic Converters, Smooth Tubes, and S&B Air Filters. It also comes with plush $300 floor mats with a huge Viper logo on them and black seat belt pads also with the Viper logo on them.

A new GTS with stripes could probably be found going for around $68,000. The benefit of getting this Viper is that the Luxury Tax is already paid, you get more than $3,000 worth of necessary accessories on the car (make the car run cooler, better performance), and it is basically brand new, with only 4,700 miles on it. By the way, the car was dynoed last week, and it recorded 415rwhp, which converts to 480 Horsepower! You are saving more than $15,000 by buying this car vs. a new one.

Good Luck.

ViperFront.jpg

00002800.jpg

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your frustration bud. Trust me! I've been on the covers of Auto Trader, Sports Car Trader, been to every dealer in town and a few out of town, lowered my initial price 5,000 times, and still NOTHING! I can't give it away. This is just a horrible time to sell. Horrible! Good luck man. And BUMP.

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Trey,
I really appreciate your encouraging words! I just hope someone buys this car soon, since I need to sell it within the next 2 weeks!
frown.gif

By the way, if my GTS was a 650 with those 19" 547s, I wouldn't sell it at all
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiper:
Thanks Trey,
I really appreciate your encouraging words! I just hope someone buys this car soon, since I need to sell it within the next 2 weeks!
frown.gif

By the way, if my GTS was a 650 with those 19" 547s, I wouldn't sell it at all
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you find a buyer. Make sure you contact every single Exotic Car Dealer in your area & surrounding areas. Try selling back to the dealership you initially bought it from too. Also the duPont Registry is a great source for dealers that are willing to deal. Contact your local VCA President as well to see if he has any resources for selling your car. I contacted Prashant Patel and he says he can probably sell mine for me. He just didn't know that I'd lowered my price so much. He's my last hope. If he can't sell it for me, I'll be forced to keep it & put the Modena dream on hold. Only temporarily though. Who knows, my wife seems to be warming up to the idea of having both cars in the stable.
You must be registered for see images

We'll see. This sale has been frustrating though. It's definitely not the car........just the economy. Good Luck Buddy.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's a color thing?? You guys should have bought the proper color-- yellow
tongue.gif

I've had an offer of a million bucks for my car. Of course that was from two 3year olds on their trikes.... but hey they really really wanted it bad!

Oh yeah, BUMP!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh another Saphire owner checks in.....

I actually love that color, but the deal I had on one last spring fell through- otherwise I'd be crying right along witch ya!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey let me give you my 2cts I agree vipers are soft right now but I can tell you nothing is harder to sell and not take an a** whipping than that modena, and I know firsthand. My a** is still stinging from the whipping I took on my yellow 99 modena.Maybe the money gods are watching over you and are protecting you. I love all cars including the modena but it is overpriced and the 355 is more fun to drive to boot, its your money but if I was you I would not buy the ferrari, you won't have any one to hang out with either unless you know alot of cool guys who have ferrari's, but when I had mine I was the only one and that was no fun!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Trey let me give you my 2cts I agree vipers are soft right now but I can tell you nothing is harder to sell and not take an a** whipping than that modena, and I know firsthand. My a** is still stinging from the whipping I took on my yellow 99 modena.Maybe the money gods are watching over you and are protecting you. I love all cars including the modena but it is overpriced and the 355 is more fun to drive to boot, its your money but if I was you I would not buy the ferrari, you won't have any one to hang out with either unless you know alot of cool guys who have ferrari's, but when I had mine I was the only one and that was no fun!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jamie. I heard the exact opposite about the resale though. I'm sure you would know because you've had one & experienced it. But I was told by a dealer friend (not the dealer I'm buying from) that he sold one new for $155,000. The guy he sold it to put a few thousand miles on it, kept it for a year, and sold it back to him for $145,000. That's pretty darn good. Honestly I've heard good & bad from both sides. I think I've gotta go for it if I'm able though.
smile.gif
It just looks too AWESOME IMO. I'll still be able to hang out with all my VCA buddies too. It's like a car show every Saturday night here. I tell them they'll get to where we're all going faster.....but I'll get there.
smile.gif
Thanks for the info though. I appreciated it. If you have any pics of that yellow monster, please post them!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's real simple, if you don't HAVE to sell then wait. After the initial SRT purge is over (those selling their current car to replace it with the SRT) then prices will stabilize, at least for the GTS, there ain't gonna be any more of them, common law of supply and demand. Not neccessarily true for rt10 as someone coming into the Viper market wanting an open top car may lean towards having the latest, ie the SRT. I think anyone giving away a GTS right now is gonna be sorry in a year, all those guys who wanted one and can't buy one new are gonna have to be looking for used ones. All bets will be off of course if DC finally commits that they are going to build the coupe, and if it looks like the comp. coupe, well, there go the values of the GTS right down again. But ultimately true long term value is tied to collectivity and that is tied to limited production. For example, there were 119 black/silver stripe cars made in total between 99 and 00. That is LOW production, red/silver, silver/blue, yellow/black, sapphire/silver, lots of the cognac interior combos, even in rt10, all of the ACRS, all EXTREMELY low production combinations. If you have hung around the Corvette hobby as long as I have you would get a historical perspective, guys pay 6+ figures for a midyear with rare options and colors that they built 1000 of. They pay 300,000 for cars that are so rare that only 100 were built. Anybody hanging on to one of these Vipers that only 100 or so were built will probably have a pretty good investment on their hands even 10 years from now. One more prediction, the Doug Levin, Jason Heffner type DOCUMENTED tuner cars will be the Yenkos, Shelbys of the future.

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modena's tend to retain their values, regardless of mileage, condition, etc., since they are quite rare, especially new ones that are US spec.

I have a friend who bought a Modena in March of 2000, used it for almost 27 months (6,000 miles) and sold it losing only $20,000. Sure thats a lot of money to lose on any car, but given that he bought the car BRAND NEW for $175,000 and sold it for $155,000 makes a point. It retains its value.

Now I have a Viper, 13 months old, almost in same condition as the Ferrari, half the age, and am also losing $20,000, from an $80,000 MSRP!!! It lost 25% of its value in one year!!! And don't say I've lowered my price too much, these are the prices that you'll find on Vipers anywhere! Have you seen eBay lately!!!

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No nooooo Venumish!!!
shake.gif

I want the Porsche next to the White/Red 575 in my garage
yesnod.gif

Don't you want another Viper in your Garage?
BURNOUT.gif

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiper,

It wont do you any good having these two cars, you need a viper for pure muscle
wink.gif
I'd love to get another viper in my garage, but it would have to be a black on black GTS
death2.gif

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venumish,
You can always get a 01 GTS and paint it Black
bounce.gif

Plus, the Saphire Blue is the fastest Viper, and it is known that the stripes give you an extra 10rwhp
BURNOUT.gif

It's still available
bounce.gif

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude...PLEASE STOP WITH THIS POSTINGS!!!!!!!!!

If I kick myself in the butt again, I won't be able to sit for a month!!!!!

If only I had seen this 2 months ago..aaggggggggggg

BIG BUMP TTT

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahahahah NJVIPER...Just wondering, what DID you pay for the Viper I presume you bought 2 months ago?
confused.gif

TobyT: No room for another snake in your garage?
BURNOUT.gif

And also........ BUMP
bounce.gif

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh, I got a VERY good price but without the mods you have...:-(
Good luck and another big bump TTT.............

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys! Buy this man's car. I would buy it myself but I am still several months away from pulling the trigger. BUMP.BUMPBUMP

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the support garolittle
smile.gif
I appreciate it! It is really difficult selling a Viper in these times!!!
frown.gif
what happened to the time when a used GTS with only 4,700 miles would sell for more than 66 within a few days time?!?!
confused.gif
Anyway, I'm hoping someone buys this car within the next two weeks!
yesnod.gif

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiper:
hahahahahah NJVIPER...Just wondering, what DID you pay for the Viper I presume you bought 2 months ago?
confused.gif

TobyT: No room for another snake in your garage?
BURNOUT.gif

And also........ BUMP
bounce.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to have it but even at that great price its too much for me right now. I am looking at a 40K rt/10 and a 50K GTS and that as high as I want to go right now.

I am not a buyer until mid to late December anyway as I have to get my new house all squared away first.

Yes I am a buyer but not in that range. sorry.
smile.gif

Post a pic of the scratch. It might help show its not really that bad.

It may be nothing but call these guys....

they might have interest in yours at 57-58K.
http://www.baystatemotorsports.com/

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiper:
Just a suggestion...how about finding a reputable car dealership/broker in your area to put your car on consignment with. Unfortunately, I do not have the name(s) of any...but I am sure another member or supporting vendor would be able to help. Worth a shot!

Bump TTT

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I may know the problem, this car should be sold by now at that price. Do you have it on AUTOTRADER? I just did 2 searchs, I don't find it at ANY price, as a private listing. I found Treys within 30 seconds, I recently tried to sell my M5 by talking it up and advertising it on the Bimmer boards, 6 weeks aand 3 emails from tire kickers, put it on autotrader on a Sunday night, car was gone in 12 hours, and I mean gone, picked up and check in the bank, crossing the state line on a flatbed gone in 12 hours! Gone without discounting it a penny, and it was 2 years old with 20,000 miles, which is high for getting top dollar for an M5. I paid msrp and the guy took it for the advertised price of 6k less. You MUST have a picture with your ad, write the ad so the color comes up in the first few words so it is bolded in the ad, so guys scrolling down quick won't miss it, pay extra for the better ad, making it show up higher in the thread. If it's already there then for some reason it's not coming up on advanced search specifying coupe, blue, 2001, and up to $100,000. Just trying to help, no insult intended. It will sell at that price! You just won't get it done on the discussion boards. Can't reach enough people and the people you reach already own one usually, same is true of our classifieds as compared to autotrader. Car is beautiful by the way, I would not advertise it with the scratch either, people have enough choice that they will skip your ad and go to the one that says unmarked, There is a reason dealers detail cars to perfection and don't sell them as is. Fix the scratch and not cheaply, do it so it can't be seen. and yes, you ARE selling the wrong car, LOL. Good kuck!

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NJVIPER:
I'm waiting for the weather to clear up a bit here in Boston, so that I can wash the car and take a pic of the scratch. I'll post it and show that it's not bad at all, and is barely visible!
yesnod.gif

Thanks for the support
bounce.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960