2001 RT/10 Buyback

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came across a 1 owner 2001 RT/10, 2,500 miles, no hard top, excellent condition, located at a dealership. It was purchased by the dealer at a Chrysler auction as a former buyback vehicle. The Disclosure statement states that the vehicle was repurched by DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC pursuant to customer warranty laws due to complaints of break noise. The Vehicle History Report lists 7 warranty repairs, including: Alignment (x 1), Replaced Front Pad Set (x 2), Unassigned (x 4); also 1 Warranty Appeal. The in service date is 04/02, while the buyback date is 02/03.

I contacted the original owner who stated that, unlike his '95, the brakes on the '01 squealed from day one until the day he got rid of it. Now the interesting part - the original owner admitted that he owns a Chrysler Dealership, and was able to complete the buyback process just weeks before his '03 SRT-10 arrived.

The car is under the original warranty until 04/05 (anyone know if you can purchase an extended warranty on a buyback vehicle?). The price is in the low 50's. What do you guys think?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way the car was bought back for sqeeky brakes.there would'nt be any on the road......Dealer is full of shet.

OP
OP
M

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Midget , I think if your not interested ..I am :)

What color is it ?

Jeff

Not so fast Jeff. Trust your friend's opinion and feedback. Vipers are plagued with problems and are highly unreliable. :D

Doug

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he did; looks like he traded up to SRT w/o taking a loss on the trade, unlike non-dealers such as ourselves would have taken.