2001 RT/10 clutch adjustment

edmontonviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust your clutch or is it self adjusting.....it has a new clutch from the guy i bought it from but gradually it is harder to put into reverse and now it will not go into reverse while the car is started so i shut it off put it into reverse then restart until i can figure out how to fix this it is also a little stiff going into first when stopped....any help would be greatly appreciated.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it grinding when you try to put it into reverse, or is it just not going into gear? I have something similar to your problem, except I've been told it's my synchros that are going bad.

OP
OP
E

edmontonviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it is grinding when i put it into reverse and it is very hard to put it in but i think it is either air in the lines or the fork that pushes the clutch back from the flywheel is bending because it is an aftermarket race clutch and is very hard to depress but either way it is going into the shop tomorrow and getting the system bled first and then we will go from there......sure hope it is air in the lines. Also i may be wrong but i don't think the reverse gear has a syncro just the forward gears but if i am wrong i am sure i will be corrected....lol....also does anyone know if the computer was disconnected in the last couple weeks if that would have anything to do with it like if it did not know where the proper throtel position is supposed to be or somthing stupid like that.