2001 Saphire GTS in NE

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Sapphire/Silver has the highest ratio of "for sale" to "production numbers" right now. There are about 4 in the classifieds. Don't know why. The only reason I'd think about selling mine is for an '08 coupe. But I've got too many mods to make it worthwhile financially. I'd just throw the same type of cash in the new one :D

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fairly certain I know the car. Former NY state plate: CUT-5575

Someone reinstalled the factory hood, since the second or third owner had sold the factory shell and installed a fiberglass unit with hood pins.

The car is essentially fully modified, PRESUMING of course it is THE same car.... but other than the hood it looks identical so far. If you PM me your e-mail, I can send you pics the guy sent me in winter 2005 when I was shopping. Again, presuming this is the same car, the owner I knew was moving to NM and looking to sell the car. At the time I could have grabbed it for $51,000 and was frothing at the mouth but backed out because I knew I was going to leave my job once my assignment finished. The engine itself was built once and died, then was rebuilt a SECOND time by a more reputable shop. I don't remember if it has upgraded half-shafts, but the exhaust is a full upgrade. I wish I still had all the specifics but I don't have the PM in my account anymore.

If I remember more, I'll share. In the meantime, I'll run a search for my screen name and see if I can find anything in the archives to share. And shoot me that PM so I can send you pics. I have two sets... the cheap set originally posted in the for sale section and some later ones he took with better resolution.

The car is a monster. If I remember correctly it is over ++700hp.

But again, I *COULD* be mistaken on the car. Someone may have come up with a really identical version. But I have to reference the Woodhouse pics of the valve covers vs the ones I have when I find them.

Cheers,
-Brett

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found the pics. 99.99% sure it's the same car... same dash, rims, valve covers, exhaust, Just the last guy had the good taste to put a factory hood back on the car. I would have done the same.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics sent. As the story goes, the original owner had all the mods done and sold it shortly thereafter to a fellow in upstate NY. He had it for 500 miles and the engine quit. After consulting the local VCA and the forums, he had the engine rebuilt by a reputable shop. I can't remember the name, honestly. Though I want to say Macedo or MMS? Very sketchy on that particular detail. :dunno: So he paid to have it rebuilt and also sold the factory hood for some Godforsaken reason and used that money to get a fiberglass GTS-R style hood and have it all painted to match. The number itching inside my cranium for the horsepower rating is 750, but I can't swear if it was bhp or rwhp anymore.

If anyone else is interested, I have 32 high quality shots from several angles.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premier Auto Sales (VCA Sponsor) had two I believe. I am going there with about 60+ other Vipers (plus Lambos, Ferraris etc.) this weekend for a Barbecue and cruise. I can taske some photos if you are interested. I think they are in VCA classifieds.

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premier Auto Sales (VCA Sponsor) had two I believe. I am going there with about 60+ other Vipers (plus Lambos, Ferraris etc.) this weekend for a Barbecue and cruise. I can taske some photos if you are interested. I think they are in VCA classifieds.

Many thanks, contacted Premier; both gone and they have my number

Let me know if hear of one

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The car did come out of NY, and the next owner put a stock hood back on it ( it was in Colorado at that time ). Tons of stuff has been done to the car, and it can either be sold with the Roe Supercharger on it, or it can be taken back to naturally aspirated ( that will actually cost more, as we would need to replace some parts like the intake womanifold, and throttle bodies- but you get the Supercharger to do as you will ). The car is priced on our website by the mysterious master computer wacko calculation method ( only the website guru understands the ying and yang of his pricing structure ) , but it is also listed on the VCA website for alot less. In fact , unless it has been corrected it read $40 for awhile --- yep, that is what we call a gross typographical error. Pricing is in the $40,000 range, and as noted it depends on how you want the car set-up.Tons of MGW stuff, polished valve covers, carbon fiber accoutrements ( sounds cool , huh) , thrust capacitors, Forgeline wheels mounted on tires, headers and exhaust ( Belangers if I remember correctly). Supposedly it has forged pistons, fancy mechanical thing-a-mabobs, and dual lined air suction , flanged, warp 7, brake rotor dusters.

If this isn't nuff info, well , pick up that wireless voice amplification device that sends words into space and chat wit me.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton
1-800-889-1893:headbang:

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, how do you like the car? A few here have looked at it, we wanna know what did we miss :eater:

Giampiero

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought the car by phone,I did not see it or tested.
I am italian and I live in the Caribbean ;the car will be sent
to Doug Levin Motorsports in Florida for a complete checkup and after will be ship to me ....

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
to Doug Levin Motorsports in Florida for a complete checkup and after will be ship to me ....

Very nice. Good luck and tear up some roads when you get it!!!

V

Venomiss

You made two good choices:
1. Calling and buying from Bill Pemberton(we have puchased three)

2. Sending it to Doug Levin(just do a search about Doug Levin-he also had our car for some goodies)

A third choice would be a good idea is to join the VCA-no the same as joining this website. Gets you Viper Magazine, the ability to buy raffle tickets for the new 2008 Viper, and many other perks like an avatar/VCA status on this website.
Congrats on your new Viper!!