2002 Graphite Viper GTS Detailed (PICS)

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just finished a "wheels-off" detail project on my 2002 GTS. Everything got cleaned from the barrels of the wheels and wheel-wells to a full Adam's clay/swirl remover/machine polish/wax clean-up of the paint. Now she's clean as a whistle and ready for some summer fun!

Here are a few pics that I took today while I was out and about logging a few miles on the car... :)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks!

I wiped down, buffed, polished, and cleaned every area that I could reach without putting it up on a lift!

Sure is fun making it nice and shiny! Nothing better than a clean Viper! :)

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOPPS, you missed a microscopic piece of lint left from the microfiber on the left rear coil spring. :omg: I'm glad that some of you guys spend hours cleaning your cars with a Q-tip ... that means there will be nice cars for those of us that aren't quite as anal to drive in years to come. :D

How can you possibly take a clean car like that out on the road or track?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This color combo was my backup if I could not get a yellow and black. And to see one clean like this.......ooooooh. My heart goes boom!! :)

Well done!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! It's a labor of love! Plus, giving a "new-to-you" car a complete once-over gives you a chance find any small or potential problem areas before they turn into bigger issues. Fortunately, I didn't find much of anything wrong...so let the summer driving season begin!!!

And drive it I will! The first owner put 4500 miles on this car in 6 years of ownership. The second owner (the first owner's best friend) put 1000 miles on it over the next 4 years. Enter me....I put 1400 miles on it in a DAY AND A HALF driving it home from Florida! It just passed 7K miles tonight on the way home from a car show.

I may keep it clean, but I'm not afraid to log a few miles either! :)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite/Silver and Steel Grey/Silver are two of my favorites. Beautiful GTS. It needs to be lowered.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite and silver is my favorite color combo ever on a Viper and has to be one of the top three. Especially with it's limited numbers.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn---now I have to go out and detail mine again---You've inspired me with those wheel wells looking like that!

Nice looking Viper!

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! I did the same to mine upon initial purchase. Like you said, it's the best way to get to know your car. Amazing how dirty the underside can get on a low-mile car when the previous owner(s) never went under there.

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WDW MKR:

I agreee 100%! The thing that blew me away was how filthy those upper and lower a-arms were on the suspension. They literally looked like they were painted black when I started cleaning and then all of a sudden they were silver when I got done! And that was only after 5-6K miles of driving.

Of course, the underside of the side sills and rear bumpter cover always get covered in road grime. It all looks good now though! :)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOPPS, you missed a microscopic piece of lint left from the microfiber on the left rear coil spring. :omg: I'm glad that some of you guys spend hours cleaning your cars with a Q-tip ... that means there will be nice cars for those of us that aren't quite as anal to drive in years to come. :D

How can you possibly take a clean car like that out on the road or track?

Ive got 70K on my snake, drive a few days each week and track a few times each year. Everyonceinawhile when i have the wheels off when changing pads or bleeding brakes i'll take an old microfiber towel and spray it down with WD40 then wipe everything down like the OP did. I understand what you are saying though Bird....Alot of people keep their cars so clean that they drive em less cause they are afraid their tires will get dirty.

Thanks everybody! It's a labor of love! Plus, giving a "new-to-you" car a complete once-over gives you a chance find any small or potential problem areas before they turn into bigger issues.
I may keep it clean, but I'm not afraid to log a few miles either! :)

Like the OP, I first cleaned Every Nook of the car when i purchased with 40K miles on her because she was neglected by the previous owner. I was literally scraping thick grime off of everything (likely from over-greased joints) with a creditcard and ended up with a pile of crap on my garage floor. Its good to keep that stuff clean so that you can properly inspect before each trackday:2tu:

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll take a raincheck on that for now...i'm all "detailed-out"! It's driving time for me now! :)

Good meeting you too. I sent you a PM about this weekend's Gateway VCA cruise and other car show stuff. Hopefully you got it...

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would really like to see a Steel Grey and Graphite Viper side by side, in pictures the color looks really similiar.

I think I have a few from the Ohio VCA Fall Party, but will have to check when I get home. The difference is very apparent when they are side-by-side... less noticeable when looking at them individually. The Steel Grey has a much stronger blue (i.e. gunmetal) tint to it with less metallic.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have a few from the Ohio VCA Fall Party, but will have to check when I get home. The difference is very apparent when they are side-by-side... less noticeable when looking at them individually. The Steel Grey has a much stronger blue (i.e. gunmetal) tint to it with less metallic.
Exactly! When they're side by side its like WDW MKR said, Steel Gray (blue comes out a lot more) where as the gray comes out more in the Graphite! jmo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang