2003 SRT without a home?

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my 2003 Black and now decided I do not want it. any recommendations on a good dealer i can contact who deserves to have this car on their lot? the one i originally dealt with has recently decided to not do the right thing and deal fair (they now will not go below MSRP) so Im not going to have it shipped to them. Im not looking for any real profit, i just would rather see another dealer have it

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this... but I understand you can not change the dealer at this point. You may need to purchase it and make a deal to sell it to another person. Another option would be to let it go back to the VCA pool and let someone on the waiting list apply for the certificate. Maybe then they can go and make a deal with a new dealer.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say this after the fact, but in any agreement, whether between friends, or with a dealer, get ALL the terms in writing on a contract. Make the sale contingent upon a set price, perhaps a small percentage under sticker, whatever it turns out to be.

Anyone who accuses you of not trusting, or getting paranoid, probably doesn't want to commit to fixed terms.

Beware of freewheeling smooth talkers.

Sorry your deal went sour. I have a suspicion that if you wait just a bit, you will get one below sticker. I just don't think the market will be that big for SRTs, despite the incredible performance. No facts, just my suspicion.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you can change your dealer once an order has been placed with that dealer. This board warned all certificate holders to be leery of unscrupulous dealers who are only interested in making a profit. They stressed to use the VCA friendly dealers who advertise on this board. It's sad to see this story again and again. BTW, is that the reason you don't want the SRT? Throwing a supercharger on your car might make it faster but it won't handle like the SRT. Good luck "dustman" I hope everything works out.
smile.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that their may be enough people outside the VCA that have placed orders for the SRT-10 with dealers across the US that will take the 2nd and maybe the 3rd years production.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bet is that demand will far exceed production for a couple years yet. Just take delivery of the car and make the deal yourself. If you price it to make little to no profit I bet you could sell it within a week of posting an ad. Probably the best place to post an ad is in the dupont registry and hemmings motor news. I would not try and deal through a dealer as MOST are slimy and crooked and will probably try and make too much $$ of your car.

Craig

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard several people talking about getting their 03's and turning them over. What I don't understand is how in the world one could ever come out after paying for the car, luxury tax, sales tax, and then trying to make even a small profit?????? If you know please let me know.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UFO:

Just as the hot new Mercedes SL500 came out, various sellers advertised low mileage used vehicles as having "No luxury tax, and no gas guzzler tax" which is true, since they were used cars. The wildly inflated prices I saw however where FAR greater than the list price + lux tax + GG tax + sales tax. The odds of the SRT being this hot??? I have no idea.

Frightening observation: Some Mercedes dealers put a clause into new SL500 contracts giving the dealer first right of refusal to buy the car back if you sell it within 12 months. If you sell to someone else during this timespan, you have to pay your original dealer $10 grand. My opinion is that this is pure marketing BS designed to make the naive, list price (or premium paying) buyer feel great that he gave the dealer such a big fat profit due to all the hype.