First the stats...

2003 srt10 viper/225 pound driver/no passanger/stock 19 inch rims

-kn filters
-roller rockers
-titanium exhaust
-no cats
-sct tune

*aprox. 500 rwhp 530 rwt sae*

vehicle weight 3340 pounds/3565 pounds with driverminus 50 pounds for titanium exhaust/no cats and light weight 2008 lookalike hood as normal vehicle weight is 3390 pounds

2007 C6Z06 vette/275 pound driver/no passanger/20 inch aftermarket rims

-air intake
-butterfly valve in open exhaust posistion
-street bully cam
-tune

*aprox. 500 rwhp 480 rwt sae*

vehicle weight 3180 pounds/3455 pounds with driverno weight reduction

Well we were suppossed to both have some fun with a stock GTR today and TT G35....But that just didnt happen...We both really wanted to get some runs in and decided to wait till around midnight and get some runs in at a private location...

We decided on 3rd gear rolls at 50-65 mph. I REALLY wanted 4th gear rolls at 70 mph to push it till 150 mph..He really wanted second gear roll ons..So we decided on 3rd gear...

We both have aftermarket tunes with raised limiters and can both get in the 125-130 mph range in third gear..

1ts run..beep beep BEEP....at 55 mph he gets a 1/4 second jump on me and pulls about half a car...We stay like this till shut down around 130 mph..

2nd run..beep beep BEEP..Both hit it at the same time from 50 mphand I pull him by what seems to be maybe 2 feet from 70-100 but before shut down he regains the two feet and we end up about dead even

3rd run...Both hit it at the same time and this time we finish with my front at his door..pretty much another door to door race

4th run..this time we go from 40 mph..I was still in third and didnt know he had downshufted to second gear. he yanked me by 3 cars..I called him up laughing and said HEY MAN!!!!you were in second gear..he just laughed..

5th run we got up to around 60 and hit it and were agin door to door. This one was as close as it could be

6th run I may have started a lil before him and seemed as though I was slightly ahead (were talking inches)

7th run..We started fairly even but on this run he got me by about a full car..At this time I noticed the car was haveing a very hard time going into gear. My clutch had been slightly slipping this week and she finally wore out. I called him up and told him I couldnt get the car into gear...Then I was finally able to get into what i thought was third gear..He told me that it was enough and to just get home..But even though I knew he was right i was having so much fun that I said screw it lets do soem more..

8th run....beep beep beep..man he just RUNS away..What the hell..OHHHH! I wasnt in third i was in 5th gear!!

9th run..beep beep BEEP! starting around 55 mph we are agin pretty much dead even..I think towards the last few seconds he may have gained a 1/4 car

10th run...This time starting around 50 mph and agin very very even with him maybey a 1/4 car ahead

11th and final run at 65 mph he hits it maybe a 1/2 second before me and then slows down and we go again..This time we start 100% dead even and at 130 mph are right beside eachother...

to say I was proud would be an understatement..the car just really surprised me tonight and despite the very bad clutch she stayed true and gave a very fast car some very good competition.....last time we raced I didnt have the sct tune and he got me one time by a car and a half and one time by 2 cars...The Viper specialty SCT tune really woke my baby up!!!!

Now I just need a new clutch and light weight fly wheel. Maybe I can put a car on RSKY next time and make him mod that Z06 a lil more

Last edited:

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this was a a race facility!

keep them off the streets.

Bruce

I didnt want to mention that due to the chaos on the other street racing threads recently started, but that was my first thought too............though I am sure OP must have been on a race facility as I know most up here have a "Honk 3 times and go" rolling start area which are open at midnight. :omg:

Tony2

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt want to mention that due to the chaos on the other street racing threads recently started, but that was my first thought too............though I am sure OP must have been on a race facility as I know most up here have a "Honk 3 times and go" rolling start area which are open at midnight. :omg:

Tony2

looool

glad ur car faired better then I would have thought.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes we are very lucky..have some friends in good places who allowed us to use their facility just ONE time though...Good fun

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured some of the vette guys would of posted now how a stock z06 can trapp 128 mph and this modded one should be 130's and this and that and blah blah blah...

before they even have a chance..

I TOLD YOU SO

The Z06 is faster than a gen3 stock for stock..but I told you that with just few bolt ons I ran pretty even with my friends c6Z06..Now with just a few more bolt ons Im running even with a cammed Z06...

They are no were near what you try to make them be..My boss just got a 2010 Z06 and wants to run me...He's gonna get yanked by 2-3 cars...

Again Vette guys..Z06 is AWESOME as far as vettes go..But nothing like you try to make them out to be on this site..

So all that BS about needing a supercharger and 550 rwhp and yada yada yada is exactly that..BS

No driver skill..just two cars mashing the gas in third gear..cant be any more fair than that..

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured some of the vette guys would of posted now how a stock z06 can trapp 128 mph and this modded one should be 130's and this and that and blah blah blah...

before they even have a chance..

I TOLD YOU SO

The Z06 is faster than a gen3 stock for stock..but I told you that with just A few bolt-ons I ran pretty even with my friend's c6Z06. Now with just a few more bolt-ons I'm running even with a cammed Z06...

They are no WHERE near what you try to make them be. My boss just got a 2010 Z06 and wants to run me. He's gonna get yanked by 2-3 cars...

Again Vette guys...the Z06 is AWESOME as far as vettes go...but nothing like you try to make them out to be on this site.

So all that BS about needing a supercharger and 550 rwhp and yada yada yada is exactly that..BS

No driver skill..just two cars mashing the gas in third gear..cant be any more fair than that.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
1. If you are going about 70mph, you should not be in 3rd gear...
2. If your "friend's" cammed c6z06 is making ONLY 500rwhp, he needs to go back to the shop that did the install...he is falling 30-40rwhp short of the norm
3. But again, if you think that changing the 5th gear ratio on an ACR should yield better results on a 1/4 mile, it will be impossible to convince you otherwise that there is no driver skill involved in a roll from 60-130 (you are keeping both cars on the same gear... :lmao::lmao:)

Beep, beep .... beeeeeep.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. If your "friend's" cammed c6z06 is making ONLY 500rwhp, he needs to go back to the shop that did the install...he is falling 30-40rwhp short of the norm
3. But again, if you think that changing the 5th gear ratio on an ACR should yield better results on a 1/4 mile, it will be impossible to convince you otherwise that there is no driver skill involved in a roll from 60-130 (you are keeping both cars on the same gear... :lmao::lmao:)

i knew the excuses would be coming

1.both same gear and same speed so what does it matter
2.street bully is a mild cam. He also has intake and tune.500 rwhp with just these mods is normal. Sure with headers/exhaust ect. im sure 530 plus rwhp is doable
3.you said that...not me...I belieave their is more than meets the eye with their 2010 power estimates..Not the gearing.

After reading your post again I have decided that you are not at a level to argue with. As well the vid and your expressions while raceing the supercharged Viper would also illustrate this. My chatt with you is now over...It is what it is..

Ill wait for the ones who seem like they have their stuff a lil more tightly wrapped to chime in. This is as much as a gentleman as I can be with you.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious as to what you've heard about 2010 Z06 power output...as I thought it was the same as the previous years.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even read the thread... let me guess, he won?

2 wrecked Vipers and still street racing...

Don't forget about the "I will just let them repo my NSX so that I don't have to make car payments"...

Now I wonder if he even has a Viper or he is racing Forza I or Grand Turismo II :dunno:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i knew the excuses would be coming

1.both same gear and same speed so what does it matter
2.street bully is a mild cam. He also has intake and tune.500 rwhp with just these mods is normal. Sure with headers/exhaust ect. im sure 530 plus rwhp is doable
3.you said that...not me...I belieave their is more than meets the eye with their 2010 power estimates..Not the gearing.

After reading your post again I have decided that you are not at a level to argue with. As well the vid and your expressions while raceing the supercharged Viper would also illustrate this. My chatt with you is now over...It is what it is..

Ill wait for the ones who seem like they have their stuff a lil more tightly wrapped to chime in. This is as much as a gentleman as I can be with you.

First off, given the fact that Tailwag has an 08 modded Viper and an 08 modded ZO6, he is actually more qualified to state his opinion than you are.

Second, that ZO6 IS underpowered for what is has done. Maybe I should stop talking here to you because you are not at a level to argue with? No, I'm not ignorant like that so I will just school you again. My friend has a 2007 ZO6. Thats right, the EXACT same year. He has a cold air intake and a tune and put down 485 at the wheels. If you go on youtube, watch the race with the black/black rim C6Z against the Ford GT...this guy also has a 2007 ZO6 with a CAI and tune and he put down 488 RWHP. So, sorry but, 500 RWHP is low given the fact that this guy has added a cam and cut-out...he should be close to 500 with just the tune, cut-out, and CAI. Maybe you should tell your friend to go ahead and put the *******-jack tune away and go get a different and better tune. :lmao:

Third, congrats for hanging with the ZO6. However, had you kept going past 130 to 150+ like you had wanted, he would have started walking you a little bit. His powerband is much better at speed. You both were going from 50 and 55 MPH in third gear and that is the wrong gear to be in...both of you should have started in 2nd for that speed. Your Viper will have the advantage in this scenario because of the low end torque curve. Simply put, because you romped on it in 2nd, you and him were around 25 MPH under the beginning of third, which will cause a slight "bogging" for lack of a better word. Whoever has the low end torque will have the advantage. The magazines like to test the torque curves by doing the top gear 50-70 MPH run. This is the same principle as your race.

In the future, maybe you should find out a little more about cars that you don't own before you go trashing other people who are more qualified.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, given the fact that Tailwag has an 08 modded Viper and an 08 modded ZO6, he is actually more qualified to state his opinion than you are.

Second, that ZO6 IS underpowered for what is has done. Maybe I should stop talking here to you because you are not at a level to argue with? No, I'm not ignorant like that so I will just school you again. My friend has a 2007 ZO6. Thats right, the EXACT same year. He has a cold air intake and a tune and put down 485 at the wheels. If you go on youtube, watch the race with the black/black rim C6Z against the Ford GT...this guy also has a 2007 ZO6 with a CAI and tune and he put down 488 RWHP. So, sorry but, 500 RWHP is low given the fact that this guy has added a cam and cut-out...he should be close to 500 with just the tune, cut-out, and CAI. Maybe you should tell your friend to go ahead and put the *******-jack tune away and go get a different and better tune. :lmao:

Third, congrats for hanging with the ZO6. However, had you kept going past 130 to 150+ like you had wanted, he would have started walking you a little bit. His powerband is much better at speed. You both were going from 50 and 55 MPH in third gear and that is the wrong gear to be in...both of you should have started in 2nd for that speed. Your Viper will have the advantage in this scenario because of the low end torque curve. Simply put, because you romped on it in 2nd, you and him were around 25 MPH under the beginning of third, which will cause a slight "bogging" for lack of a better word. Whoever has the low end torque will have the advantage. The magazines like to test the torque curves by doing the top gear 50-70 MPH run. This is the same principle as your race.

In the future, maybe you should find out a little more about cars that you don't own before you go trashing other people who are more qualified.

Im very curous as to what makes me or you or anyone more qualified..Ive got a nsx and dont hardly know **** about it..Raced it a few times.Supercharged wide bodied adjustable suspension yada yada yada..And I guarantee you their are a lot of guys who will never own one who know more about it then I do..

I have also bought a brand new vette and had it for a few years..So am I qualified?????Just pointing out that yoiur argument is flawed..

Im on my third viper so am i more qualified than the guys who have owned one or two?????

Ive got LOTS of street races against honestly more cars than I can remember...In just the past 6 weeks Ive raced the cammed Z06(TIE)..700 rwhp Supra (beat him twice)...600 rwhp supra (beat him 7 times in a row...TTG35..(beat him 4 times in a row)and have a race lined up with a stock C6Z06 this saturday as well as the 600 rwhp supra wanting a rematch..

Again this is just the past 4-6 weeks...Ive been doing this crap for about 5 years now..

So am I qualified...NOPE..Because no such thing exist...You can be a 9 second driver at the 1/4 mile or a dominant road race driver and be qualified..But their is no real qualified stautus in street raceing...Their are just farr to many variables.

Also as far as the big dyno numbers thing...My srt10 dynoed 479 rwhp standasrd with just intake/roller rockers...I could easily post 479 everywhere with just those two mods. for me its SAE or nonthing

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racing up to 130 from a roll doesn't prove much. Especially when both cars start in the wrong gear. Try running both cars from their actual racing powerband, even if you have to shift. Neither car will perform like it should if you are lugging the engine at lower rpm than where it wants to be. Z06 needs more rpm, it redlines at 7K. Of course it won't perform like a Viper does at 5K-6K.

"Qualified" means owning/driving both vehicles being discussed. A few of us here do, and the guys I know actually do drive/race their cars here. I'll give you an unbiased comparison seeing how I liked both cars enough to spend nearly $150K for the pair. I know what car is faster stock, but I still like the Viper better.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got LOTS of street races against honestly more cars than I can remember...In just the past 6 weeks Ive raced the cammed Z06(TIE)..700 rwhp Supra (beat him twice)...600 rwhp supra (beat him 7 times in a row...TTG35..(beat him 4 times in a row)and have a race lined up with a stock C6Z06 this saturday as well as the 600 rwhp supra wanting a rematch..

Well I guess we can all look on the bright side, you should be on your 4th Viper in no time as I am sure it won’t take you long to total this one either! Some peoples kids never learn, with any luck the only one you will bring harm to will be yourself..............unfortunately most times it does not work out that way though. :(

Tony2

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony...I told em what ya told me to tell em...

Nine ball..i agree that a Z06 is faster than a gen3..This has never been an argument for me..

You own both and actually drag raced both. You hit 120.xx in the viper and 124.xx in your Z06..

no doubt you were 4.xx mph faster in your z06

My quarrel has and will always be..How much does it really take to make up 4.xx mph????

45 rwhp..going from the stock 440 rwhp to 485 rwhp with just a few bolt ons is the awswer..

Thats all I have tried to make evident with my post...when some of you start saying a Z06 is 5-6-7-8 mph faster than a SRT10 in the 1/4 mile I have to laugh..Head to head testing has always shown a 2-4 mph advantage for the Z06..On a few rare occurances the Z06 and gen3 both trapped 122 mph in heads up testing and in a road and track mag they Viper actually had a slightly higher mph....But with good driving I do belieave the Z06 is 4 mph faster..

Again this is and will always be my quarrel with the Z06 guys..Not dicrediting the FACT that the Z06 is faster..It is faster..Arguing on how much faster it is...Some of the Z06 guys like to say..

z06's can trapp 128 mph and srt10's trapp 120 mph so the z06 is 8 mph faster

They pick the highest stock numbers ever achieved for the Z06 and then a bland number for the srt10 choosing to look past the numerous stock 122 and 123 mph passes that people have achieved. As well as a few claimed 124 mph stock trapp speeds..

9Ball..Honestly your 120 mph trapp in your Viper and 124 mph trapp in your Z06 are both great representatives of what these car will do in average conditions with average driving..

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to rent out that private facility again. I mean, 3rd gear at 50-55mph??? Really??? You may as well start out in 6th. Or maybe start out in 3rd, but both agree to ONLY go half throttle. :)
How about this, on the third honk(at the private track), just GO! Let the other driver go in the gear of his choice and you do the same.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually the tops pop off spontaneously..you dont even have to push buttons or anything..pretty kool option