2004 Won't Start

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2004 Won\'t Start

I havent driven my snake for a few months and the battery is now dead. I tried jumping it from the connections by the engine and directly from the battery too but no luck. I even left the jumper cables connected for 30 minutes and only got the tick tick tick tick when I push the start button.

If this is not a battery issue then what else could it be? Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2004 Won\'t Start

Mike it is a battery issue and you will need to get a battery charger on your Viper [charge it up slowly!!]. It is VERY hard to jump start a Viper with a completly dead battery! There is to much electrical lose from the vehicle your using and through your Viper to start it! You'll need to get some juice back in it first.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes..it is definitely a Battery issue. It happened to me many..many times when I left the car undriven for more than a month. Actually, my viper tech told me next time when I'm going to park the car for a extend period of time, I can actually put it in "Sleep mode" by either unplugging one of the fuse or by turning the key hole under the mirror..something like that. Don't remember the exact procedure, but I'm sure your Viper tech will know about this.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Read your manual. There is a simple procedure to put your car in the sleep mode. It would prevent your situation.

Or plug in a battery tender. I use a cig lighter plug in battery tender and have had zero problems with the battery. On my '95 I got 8 years out of the OEM battery as well.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto, Battery Tender, which is a trickle charger. I use it on all my cars, motocycle etc. Pick one up at any auto parts store, but look also for the Battery Tender Plus. Will set back around $50.

corseviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Man, it happened to me today also.
I charged the car every two weeks.
Went out today to give the car its typical charge
and it wont even take it. Charger comes up with dead
battery fault. Started method of trying to charge it
over and over slowly to give it a breath of life but
no luck. What's the damage for a new battery?

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You may be able to charge it with a "professional" charger ie sears that allows a multiple of settings and you won't get the fault light.