2005 Viper Production #s here

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperbob, can u get me some contact info at DCX. I'm looking for the numbers for '06 w/ color breakdowns. Maybe we can forward the info to the registry.

Jay

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All - I got the information by simply emailing Dodge via the link on their web site. However, I also spoke to a contact I have at SRT and this is what he said when I told him what Dodge told me:

"These figures may be correct, however what the Viper/SRT group is finding is that prior numbers may be suspect due to some glitches that were caught with software that keeps track of this stuff. The SRT group is data mining all known databases for definitive #s. I did not want to give you what may turn out to be erroneous information. Thanks - I will forward what you sent me as well to make sure at this end that we're all on the same page."

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think the yellow special edition of 50 was included in the 304 yellows? If there are 100 white, 300 copperheads plus 300 siver Mambas, plus the reds and blacks and the silver. I think you will end up "way over 1584 units". Am I missing any? I'll bet more reds were make than any other and black and silver are close. JMO

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because Dodge said they were making so many cars of a special run doesn't mean they were actually built. Example: I believe that Dodge only ended up making around 400 of the special run of 500 SRT 10 Ram "Yellow Fevers".

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The numbered Viper runs were all built, at least that year. Silver Mamba 200/200 is on this thread, check his sig. I know who sold 300/300 Copperhead and where it is and I know who has 50/50 of the VCA Special Edition Yellows. Those were all completey finished and numbered runs documented by the proven existance of the final numbered car. I'm not so sure about some of the 06 special runs though.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The special runs were all done in 2006 also, but what is causing confusion is the number shown often do not correspond to what many of us thought were produced. An example of this is DC is saying there are around 91 VOI9 Limited Edition cars built. Since everyone was told there were going to be 100, why is this the case. The answer appears to be simple , in that cars sent to Canada do not show up as US Production -- and yes, I know where number 100 and number 1 went.

Another example is the FE and the VCA Limited Editions, which were done in 200 and 50 numbers respectively. Again some will say the numbers are not quite right for the total, but again, it appears, it is only because cars sent to our Northern neighbors are not listed under US production.

One of the glitches that appears in the system , is that prototypes are not always accounted for, nor does it appear that all vehicles used for testing may appear either.With approximately 1525 cars being tallied in one spot, then another individual states that close to 1800 appear to have been built, the discrepancy is thought to be created from cars going to Canada, and those done for research,developement, etc.

This also appears to be part of the reason we seem to have a difficult time in getting numbers printed from year to year.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The special runs were all done in 2006 also, but what is causing confusion is the number shown often do not correspond to what many of us thought were produced. An example of this is DC is saying there are around 91 VOI9 Limited Edition cars built. Since everyone was told there were going to be 100, why is this the case. The answer appears to be simple , in that cars sent to Canada do not show up as US Production -- and yes, I know where number 100 and number 1 went.

Another example is the FE and the VCA Limited Editions, which were done in 200 and 50 numbers respectively. Again some will say the numbers are not quite right for the total, but again, it appears, it is only because cars sent to our Northern neighbors are not listed under US production.

One of the glitches that appears in the system , is that prototypes are not always accounted for, nor does it appear that all vehicles used for testing may appear either.With approximately 1525 cars being tallied in one spot, then another individual states that close to 1800 appear to have been built, the discrepancy is thought to be created from cars going to Canada, and those done for research,developement, etc.

This also appears to be part of the reason we seem to have a difficult time in getting numbers printed from year to year.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton

With such a problem keeping track of all the numbers I will gladly volunteer my time to help out. I will keep track of every cars color, vin, and intended usage (road test/crash test etc.). All I ask in return is that Dodge pay for my move to Detroit, and pay me a modest salary. :D

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so far:

304 Yellow
300 Copperhead
200 Silver 'Mambas' (last year for that color)
100 White/Blue CE

That leaves 680 in Black or Red

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so far:

304 Yellow
300 Copperhead
200 Silver 'Mambas' (last year for that color)
100 White/Blue CE

That leaves 680 in Black or Red

is the 100 for solid white, and the other half solid blue?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't recall white being available after '04 except for the 100 CEs, and I don't think there were any '05s in Silver except for Mambas (but maybe a few Silver '04s still sitting around in '05)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall white being available after '04 except for the 100 CEs, and I don't think there were any '05s in Silver except for Mambas (but maybe a few Silver '04s still sitting around in '05)

2005 Silver with black interior & optional booster seat for vertically impaired wife.

1 of None :2tu:

DSC03173.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte