2006 SRT-10 Coupe Purchase Poll

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please respond only if you had serious plans to purchase the 2006 SRT-10 Coupe even after the announcement of the actual car (as outlined by Joe Houss).

(Thus, do not respond if you considered the Coupe until it was displayed, and are "now so disappointed that it does not..." (etc).*)

a. I am very pleased with the Coupe and will purchase one in Fall, 2005.
b. I am somewhat disappointed but still plan on purchasing the Coupe in Fall, 2005.
c. I am very disappointed and am considering cancelling my plans to purchase the Coupe in Fall, 2005.
d. I had firm plans to purchase but have now cancelled these plans to purchase a 2006 SRT-10 Coupe.

*the need for more power, lighter weight, comp coupe appearance, etc. has already been stated.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a black coupe after seeing a few photoshops of a lowered model with black wheels :headbang: but the actual car does not have the same look. I think it is a weak attempt to regain the GTS look. I think the SRT has it's own identity and this new coupe is trying too hard to look like a GTS and doesn't quite pull it off. I would like to see one in person but I can't wait ... I have been known to change my mind though. :2tu:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Alice, I am without a dought....very pleased with the coupe and will purchase one in Fall 2005..

My order was placed with Tysinger Dodge here in Tidewater VA. back in early January,tried to find one in December, I was told I am recieving the only coupe they will get....they recieved 5 orders after I placed mine..

From what I hear, it will be very hard to find one of these coupes at any given dealership, so good luck,and I hope you have already placed your order.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will not see the Coupe in person until April's International Auto Show.

From the photos, the only cosmetic appeal (changes) to me are the wheels and the gas cap.

I am not a fan of blue/white cars, and like NOMERCY, would have been more interested in a black car...or even a red car.

Aside from the too often discussed expectancies/disappointments, I am not a fan of closed air motoring. I would rather be in a vert. Personal preference.

I cannot determine if I will keep my buy option on the Coupe until I personally see it. I know my kids will initially want it simply because it is "different."

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I palced an order with every intention to buy. I saw the car at VOI, so I know what it looks like. I'm just sour that they aren't bumping the hp! I guess that makes me C.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunatly for Dodge, they did TOO good of a job with the convertible- there really is no reason to go with a coupe in my honest opinion. If I was buying the car for the first time, perhaps... but I dont think it would be worth it to trade up for it.

PS- Alice, from the LOOKS of the gas cap, it appears it very well may be possible to stick one on a Vert. Time will tell...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really missed the convertible top on my R/T when I bought the ACR. I have really enjoyed the drop top, so I doubt I'd buy another coupe unless I had room for both cars.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel:

The wheels and the gas cap are (so far) the only attributes that appeal to me on the Coupe. But I also agree with you; they did a great job on the vert, hard to imagine a coupe...unless as Bill indicates, one had the room and financial strength for both.