2006 Viper Engine Oil Level

domcall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am doing an oil change and it's so hard to check the level on the dipstick, does anyone know how much oil I should put in, thanks.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am doing an oil change and it's so hard to check the level on the dipstick, does anyone know how much oil I should put in, thanks.

Why is it so hard to check the level on the dipstick? Its like any other car. My car takes exactly 10.5 quarts but I still check the oil level.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I found that is very important with this car (also when I had my SRT Ram) is make sure you are on a level surface when checking the oil. A slight angle side to side, or front to back, seems to make a big difference on the dipstick.

I just changed my oil and filter a few weeks back - 10 quarts and it's perfect.:D

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked this same question awhile back. My 06 manual says 10 qts. I read somewhere that it's 10 1/2. My dealer says it's 11. I called the Dodge help line, and the guy looked it up in the manual.I thought, geez, thats the best that they could do? Half assed.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My 2006 SRT-10 likes about 10.5 quarts at each oil change with filter. Just check it after it's been run a bit if you only add 10 quarts.

I also fill the oil filter (as much as possible) before installing it to try and avoid a dry start.

As for checking the oil level, turn the dipstick over and check the level on the back side, it's much easier to see.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang