2008 or gen 4 coupe prices

mousetom78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw a 2008 coupe with 12k miles on it a YEAR ago in 2010 for 59k. Now, everything under 15k miles are over 60k. What is gen 4 really go for? I turned down a 27k miles 08 coupe for 49995 well 50k with dealer process fee. I feel like I made wrong decision there. Is it just me but used viper prices have gone up?

I feel more of an idiot now for selling my 03 now and without a nice car to drive but a truck and a LS1 Camaro.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/644068-Sold-my-2003-gen-3-today

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but you really should have jumped at the 08 coupe for 49995(bet it was a venom red one). Good chance thats the cheapest clean title 08 coupe ever. You may not see that price on another 08 coupe for another year.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like VIper prices have firmed up a bit.

Used to be lots to choose from, but now they are a bit picked over, and the nicer ones are holding better prices.

A year ago there were lots of new Vipers in dealer lots, but most of those also have been sold, with dealer inventories pretty much gone.

Used to have much greater selections, but now if you want a specific color the prices have firmed.

Fuel costs have recently gone down, insurance not too bad, and Vipers are still the greatest bang for the buck out there both new and used.

Think you might be right that last year was a good year to go Viper shopping. Many did not appreciate the deals available then.

But Vipers have never been all about the money, more about the driving experience for those who step up.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep color combos have alot to do with prices. If you want the cheapest price look for Venom red. If you want a certain color you'll have to pay a premium. When your looking at a low production number car the rarest colors will always be the higher priced ones.

OP
OP
M

mousetom78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are right. The 3 08 or newer vipers I almost purchased are Venom red due to the price. Why is that color cheaper than other colors? I mean as much as 10k difference on similar car in mileage/condition/options.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its simple. Its all about production numbers, the fewer built the more they bring and visa versa. See the 2008 production chart below

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are these and the rest of the Gen4 numbers ?

Its simple. Its all about production numbers, the fewer built the more they bring and visa versa. See the 2008 production chart below

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree... At first I thought it was kinda like a Chick car color but it's actually pretty Wow ! Especially with silver stripes.

Personally I love the Venom Red cars. Tried to buy a Venom Red ACR but it got sold out from under me.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Venom Red says Boulevard more than Racecar even with the ACR but it's pretty damn nice...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it, any 08 viper that can be had for less than what the Gen 3's are selling at, are a steal. This car is such a better car than the Gen 3 for driving and minor mods, I can't see why the cars would be under $50k. Well, except mine, since it's got so many miles. You get the point :)