2008 SSG Coupe in Houston, TX

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone seen the car in person? It's at Fincher's Texas Best dealership on the North Freeway. Going to pull the trigger on the car.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is another 08 SSG in Houston also at Advantage Cars with a few more miles. Maybe you should play them against each other for best deal.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one at Advantage Cars is a little over 1k more, but it has Razor wheels and looks to be a great shape. Actually, both look to be in top-notch shape. They also both have the same interior.

A little off topic, but it seems most SSG's (vert AND coupe) were built with the two tone black/grey interior.

OP
OP
D

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the one at Fincher's. Personal car of the dealership owner plus I like the H-Wheels better. I also called Advantage and they weren't too interested in dealing.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am kind of partial to Hs myself. All black interior on mine. Get them both and have twice the fun!:rolaugh:
Good luck on yor purchase. SSG is the best!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks nice in pics but thanks to Austin who inspected the car today, there were more scratches and paint chips than initially disclosed. The car has been sitting out in an open lot for several weeks and exposed to the bad weather. The engine compartment was a little dirty but for the $$$, the car needed to be nicer in my opinion. The underside of the front fascia will also need to be repainted. Not a $70K in my opinion.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car has been sitting out longer than a few weeks. It's been for sale for a while now. It was first listed for $79K. They didn't lower it until the advantage car was up for sale. He does have nice ZR1.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks nice in pics but thanks to Austin who inspected the car today, there were more scratches and paint chips than initially disclosed. The car has been sitting out in an open lot for several weeks and exposed to the bad weather. The engine compartment was a little dirty but for the $$$, the car needed to be nicer in my opinion. The underside of the front fascia will also need to be repainted. Not a $70K in my opinion.

What, a dealer stretched the truth:omg:

You should have gone for my 'vert. It's super clean with known history. And for the price you could have installed a roll bar and bought a hardtop:D

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Totally agree. The more I thought about it, the more it irked me that they were keeping these cars outside. I wouldnt purchase a car of this nature that had been sitting outside for weeks either.

I did however like the interior, and wow, that SSG is a beautiful color. I've seen it before, but the sun was right on it and it screamed. VERY nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te