2008 Venom Red ACR???

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Iam about to pull the trigger on that VR ACR on E-Bay....They will give me 86K for my SSG COUPE....Here is my question to Venom Red owners...Is this a color you would buy again? I think it looks great in the pics especially with the black and it was my first choice but dealer I bought from didnt have one coming in so I lucked out with the SSG....I know its not yellow or SSG but Iam getting a GREAT IMO deal on it, plus I save a ton in taxes(about 6.5K)....Please let me know what you think good or bad about Venom Red.....I heard that only 4 ACRs were made in VR,I know you are going to tell me because its a ugly color,correct?,lol....If anyone wants my car you better tell me soon as the dealer is going to ask more than 85 for it.....Kevin

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Iam about to pull the trigger on that VR ACR on E-Bay....They will give me 86K for my SSG COUPE....Here is my question to Venom Red owners...Is this a color you would buy again? I think it looks great in the pics especially with the black and it was my first choice but dealer I bought from didnt have one coming in so I lucked out with the SSG....I know its not yellow or SSG but Iam getting a GREAT IMO deal on it, plus I save a ton in taxes(about 6.5K)....Please let me know what you think good or bad about Venom Red.....I heard that only 4 ACRs were made in VR,I know you are going to tell me because its a ugly color,correct?,lol....If anyone wants my car you better tell me soon as the dealer is going to ask more than 85 for it.....Kevin

so how much are you having to pay on top of your SSG?

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the acr going to be your street car or mostly for the track?venom red will be harder to move than the blk,orange imo.its a great color but not a favorable color.i think you will miss your ssg

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Venom Red - I do have white stripes. A Friend had the color ... couldn't stop looking at it - thought it was beautiful. Anytime I show my friends they they always compliment the color ... that said it is not a SSG ... but it is not an ACR and ACRs do rock! Go for it and don't look back.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right the acr does look pretty mean in those pics....Either one is a great choice and most of u're enjoyment will come from driving it not admiring it. So the color isn't really that much of a factor particularly for an acr...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry yourself about VR. I liked it in pics, but when I saw it in person it looked even better. Its a somewhat aggressive yet classy color. I think you'll be pleased. Good luck.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let anyone tell you that's not a nice color in an ACR. I had a chance to stand around at Prefix for a long time and compare. It's going to be relatively rare, although I think a bit more than 4, I think there were 4 right there at Prefix when we were there.
How about some visuals to help everyone see how nice.
Oh, and you will be in good company, our National President got one in this color.

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-6.jpg

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-1.jpg

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-5.jpg

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the acr going to be your street car or mostly for the track?venom red will be harder to move than the blk,orange imo.its a great color but not a favorable color.i think you will miss your ssg

I love my Venom Red - I do have white stripes. A Friend had the color ... couldn't stop looking at it - thought it was beautiful. Anytime I show my friends they they always compliment the color ... that said it is not a SSG ... but it is not an ACR and ACRs do rock! Go for it and don't look back.

Adam+Viper Girl,
Its going to be a road car/Garage queen but I would like to take it to Miller Motorsports Track to learn some driving and track skills....
Thanks for the reply Viper Girl:D My favorite color besides SSG and Yellow was on a 89 Vett Vert I owned:omg: ,it was called Dark Red Mettalic and was beautiful IMO,VR reminds me of it and I cant seem to understand why so many people seem to hate VR:dunno: Maybe its because its not a in your face color? Maybe a little subdued for a Viper??? Thanks for all the replies everyone.....Kevin

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks sweet! DO IT!! There are no bad colors on a viper as far as I'm concerned. I have a copperhead coupe and like being a little rare at shows.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just be aware it's such a good deal because of the interior. You would think people would like a tan interior with Black and or Maroon but the comments here have run strongly against this interior, so it might be a problem down the road when you sell. And you seem to switch often.

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-3.jpg

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-2.jpg

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are great pics

btw, why are those pics deleted when some people post them and then it's okay for an administrator to post em? i understand that it's not allowed to post them if the dealer is not a sponsor..So did that dealer just become a sponsor?

EDIT BY LEE... Gimme a break ****** man, you and i have had multiple discussions about this, do you see any dealer identification in the pictures? No. No mention of where it is, no mention of dealer name. It's always ok to post pics, it's NOT ok to post links to ebay ads or references to a "good deal" at such and such dealer just call my buddy Joe the sales guy at 301 974 xxxx.
And the original poster did a great job in not mentioning the dealer name either, he is just asking for an opinion on the color, and pictures help with that, he was not even asking on a complete consultation on the price of the whole deal as he was reluctant to post all the details. No link to the dealer was posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam+Viper Girl,
Its going to be a road car/Garage queen but I would like to take it to Miller Motorsports Track to learn some driving and track skills....
Thanks for the reply Viper Girl:D My favorite color besides SSG and Yellow was on a 89 Vett Vert I owned:omg: ,it was called Dark Red Mettalic and was beautiful IMO,VR reminds me of it and I cant seem to understand why so many people seem to hate VR:dunno: Maybe its because its not a in your face color? Maybe a little subdued for a Viper??? Thanks for all the replies everyone.....Kevin

If you liked the dark red metallic Vette then you are gonna like Venom Red, I've seen both and they are VERY close, look at this. And no, that's not my car, although I will confess to once owning an 86 Red Vert.

8732689375_252332502_IM1_MAIN_565x421_A_562x421.jpg

Reaction score
Just be aware it's such a good deal because of the interior. You would think people would like a tan interior with Black and or Maroon but the comments here have run strongly against this interior, so it might be a problem down the road when you sell. And you seem to switch often.

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-3.jpg

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-2.jpg

I am blind, deaf and dumb and I see nothing wrong with the color of this interior.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
LOL, I do switch often but if I try to after this car my wife will KILL me and I dont blame her!!! I can live with the interior or if I really hate it might trade to some other person that would want it in their black Viper or mabe even white???? It was a 600-700 option correct?

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A NEW ACR...JUST CALLED ME BACK:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you liked the dark red metallic Vette then you are gonna like Venom Red, I've seen both and they are VERY close, look at this. And no, that's not my car, although I will confess to once owning an 86 Red Vert.

8732689375_252332502_IM1_MAIN_565x421_A_562x421.jpg

Lee,
thats it only without the wing....It was a 6speed (First year)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg::omg::lmao::lmao:Maybe I will have a 1 of 1 ACR...:crazy2::crazy2:

Actually I think you will, maybe maximum of 10 or so, really 9 as one has a complete custom interior. Good odds on one of one. I like it, reminds me of a classsic mid year Corvette in Milano Maroon or Marlboro Maroon with saddle interior.
And yes, it is a $700 option IF it's on the window sticker, some were not. If it's not get a notarized statement that it came that way.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell your dealer since he is giving such good deals, I will take the SSG off his hands if he gives me as good a deal trading my 06 VCA coupe. :headbang:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen the VR color and that interior color in person. VR is a gorgeous color in the sunlight. lee is right, the "natural" interior color isnt the greatest and alot of people dont care for it. but, you could call someone like Venzano (sp?) and customize the interior.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adam+Viper Girl,

Interesting... based on what you're planning to do why not keep the awesome looking ssg and just mod to the acr level. I did that and more sans the aero and couldn't be happier.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-3.jpg

1B3JZ69Z98V200986-2.jpg
Very good point, Lee. I would not buy this ACR with that dreadful interior. Before I bought my GTS, I found a gray one but it had the god awful cognac interior. The dealer couldn't sell the car because of the interior and I walked just like so many others did. It's cool that this dealer is selling the ACR at such a good price. As long as the new owner plans on keeping it forever and likes the interior, it's a great purchase. Otherwise, when the time comes to sell it, he will have to dump it at a very low price.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Pres Lee do you have a tan interior? Do you like it?

I haven't seen it in person to have an opinion so I'm quite interested.

Last edited:

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw that interior at Prefix also (maybe even saw that exact car, as I seem to recall a VR ACR with the saddle). To me it seems like a nice interior looking for the right color match, which Dodge simply did not make in 2008. Might go good with a dark green exterior / tan top combo. The pictures look more orange than I remember in person.

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're the one puttin up the bucks---You're the one lookin at it one more time before you go to bed every nite. I wouldn't give a rats ass what anyone else thought.:)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the cognac interior in a Red car, and I like it way more than monotone black. I am also claustrophobic and the solid black is like a coffin to me. But I do like the color, not as much as the tan in my red Ferrari, but I still like it more than black. Pics don't do it justice. The carpet and wheel are pretty bla though. I changed the steering wheel out to a Sparco racing wheel, and I plan to pull the carpet out anyway. I have a black racing seat that goes in on track days anyway. You can do that in your ACR too. Give it a real track car ambiance! Cutomize it, whatever. Just my 2c.

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Pres Lee do you have a tan interior? Do you like it?

I haven't seen it in person to have an opinion so I'm quite interested.

I do not have a two tone TAN interior, but I do have a two tone red and black interior in a black ACR with dual red stripes. I think the whole deal is very personal if you can't order the car exactly the way you want it. I would not compromise on color, there are too many site supporting dealers on this site that can get a site member EXACTLY what they want.