2012 - 2013 - 2014 ....?????

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope I am wrong but I just do not see a car being produced any time in 2012. Is there a plant, mule, workers. Govt regs take forever to get approved AFTER parts and car are in place---what am i missing?

Maybe this is just a lot further along than we know.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something tells me that, once all the 2008, 2009, and 2010 stock is all gone, a flood of information will be headed our way. It would be bad for Chrysler to release any meaningful information before then - it could really screw the dealers who have cars on their lots and are trying to get rid of them.
Exactly the point I made in my previous post. Why are there new 2009 and 2010 Vipers out there with 20K off MSRP? In part because they are overpriced and depreciate like crap with such incentives. :crazy2:

And I don't think Chrysler gives a damn about dealer inventory on the Viper. It's too low volume to give them any headaches. They screw their dealers all the time. Just ask Chuck! :rolleyes:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the point is to say the price is inflating a lot, why would I remove inflation? :dunno:

So it wouldn't look like you were presenting the data to prove your point as opposed to reality? :dunno:

Nothing wrong with either version but in real life it was expensive in 1992 and it was about the same expensive in 2010.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely a mule is driving all over Europe as people probably think it is the next thinly veiled Ferarri or something. What better place to test it out? Nobody is going to suspect anything of an Americna Viper, especially us American's NOT over there. Our Europeon breatheren near Italy need to snap a few pictures for us. I am sure the car is there right now.
I think we are going to see a Maserati with an American V10 pretty soon, not a Ferrari and quid-pro-quo for their bodywork and chassis on the Viper. :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly the point I made in my previous post. Why are there new 2009 and 2010 Vipers out there with 20K off MSRP? In part because they are overpriced and depreciate like crap with such incentives. :crazy2:

And I don't think Chrysler gives a damn about dealer inventory on the Viper. It's too low volume to give them any headaches. They screw their dealers all the time. Just ask Chuck! :rolleyes:

There are a couple '09 ACR's left at one dealer who is promising 20K off (BUT has to be financed) but that's not true on all '09's and ANY '10's so your statement is incorrect.
I disagree with them being overpriced.
Especially the ACR's.
World class performance and styling in a car less than 100K that can destroy any production car in the world on a road track?
Cars that cost 10 times the amount?
That's a lot of car for the money.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Ralph asked me what I thought about the new concept Viper in SLC I told him that it was going to have to be very fast to get me interested. He asked what I was driving and after telling him that my Copperhead puts 704hp to the tire he told me that they were also going to build another car that was "nasty" just for people like me.
I sure hope that he sticks to his word, if the new Viper is not so fast as to dispatch anything on the road with relative ease, I will just keep my supercharged Gen3. I am hopeful that the new car will be able to eat up my supercharged car, and with maybe a little more comfort and convenience :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Viper is going to have more than 704 HP to the rear wheels?
Are you seriously expecting a 750 HP new motor?
150 HP more than now, with all the "creature comforts (weight)" added in?

This I want to see.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This I want to see.

Not expecting, just hoping. If they trow direct injection at the current motor and do some improvements to the oiling it very well could be a 7,000 rpm motor with 800hp.

Besides, it doesn't really need more power to be faster than my car, it could do it simply by losing some weight.

And by creature comforts I just want a few small things like cruse, a real stereo maybe a seat that will lower its self (for our taller drivers). I'm not asking for much here....

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there is a motor that you describe in America. It is being tested. I saw the motor & Viper !

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Yes there is a motor that you describe in America. It is being tested. I saw the motor & Viper !

I hope your not talking about the Gen 3 motor with Gen 4 heads that Dodge was testing in that Comp Coupe 2 weeks ago. Congrats on winning your class by the way.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope your not talking about the Gen 3 motor with Gen 4 heads that Dodge was testing in that Comp Coupe 2 weeks ago. Congrats on winning your class by the way.

Now thats what I'm talking about! Gen four heads, no variable cam timing, forged pistons, direct injection, dry sump and wahla, 900 horse power. And life is but a dream :)

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the point is to say the price is inflating a lot, why would I remove inflation? :dunno:

To measure it in constant dollars.

A well equipped challenger was $4,500 in 1970, $ 40,000 today. That doesn't mean it is more expensive to the average American. You have to look at the rate of inflation over time.

A Viper was $50,000 in 1992. Using the CPI rate, the same car should be equally affordable at $80,000 in 2010. It is slightly more expensive than that, but has significantly more equipment. On an inflation adjusted basis the Viper is just about as unaffordable now as then. Now if you haven't got a raise since 1992, this won't apply.

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more accurate analysis is did ANYONE really pay sticker for their 1992 Viper. I doubt that! Seems to me they were all way over sticker so the MRSP tag meant absolutely nothing.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where has the time gone where people overpayed sticker-prices?!

I guess it would be good for Dodge to test their new Viper on the Nurburgring and break some records, this may make it a seller in Europe as well as in America. I never understand why Euro's don't buy it as much as German/Italian supercars, it just is great power for the buck. Maybe people are scared for the untamed power...

with the obligated traction control, there may be more people interested. Hopefully we are able to shut it off a 100% and bring the beast back to life!

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more accurate analysis is did ANYONE really pay sticker for their 1992 Viper. I doubt that! Seems to me they were all way over sticker so the MRSP tag meant absolutely nothing.

Then do the analysis from the 1993 year cars.

The truth is the cars are the same price now as then, adjusting for inflation and added equipment.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't seen a Viper over here in a good while so they must be snoopin' around in Germany.

Surely a mule is driving all over Europe as people probably think it is the next thinly veiled Ferarri or something. What better place to test it out? Nobody is going to suspect anything of an Americna Viper, especially us American's NOT over there. Our Europeon breatheren near Italy need to snap a few pictures for us. I am sure the car is there right now.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:crazy2: WOW, I knew the word "Automatic" :nono: would attract serious Flame, but just "CHILL".:rolaugh: I just threw that into the mix thinking about the Nissan GT-R.(6 cyl.w/auto).Aren't the Fastest 1/4 mile V10 Vipers running automatic's ?:dunno: I've never owned a Corvette.(Owned two Vipers & many cars)& don't believe Dodge will ever make a 700 HP car w/auto, but if we're going to compete in a World Market/Today's Market,we must remain compettive.How many 536 HP luxuary cars will GM sell? How many ZR1's are sitting on the showroom floor? :dunno:
shooterT1; As stated above: Never owned a corvette, never will.
chuck98RT10;You think Vipers without windows,A/C,or a top would sell in today's market ?:rolleyes: Do you think Fiat will continue to produce a car that doesn't sell ? :dunno:
J&R 3xV10; Yes, you're right, Blasphamy :2tu:
I have faith that the new model will be much better than a Nissan GT-R,ZR1 or Porche. (Even with a 6-speed :lmao:)

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the better "insiders" over at allpar.com states the new viper has been issued body code 'ZD" and there are 2 different varients of the 8.4 engine listed with that car code. Very interesting.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My money is on: Regular version and forced induction version. Ralph has made the comment to a number of people with supercharged Vipers that "We will have something for you" or similar words. One of those people posted above. The cheapest alternative is to offer a forced induction version using a blower similar to the one used on the ZR1. As I mentioned above, I assume it would be in the 5 pound boost range and add no more than 100 HP.

I think the regular Viper will come out at 640 flywheel HP and the monster version will be in the range of 725 to 740 flywheel HP. There was a rumor floating around last year that Arrow Racing had done some fairly extensive testing on a boosted Gen IV engine that was in the 5 pound range. It was not clear whether this was done by them to develop a new Arrow Racing product or for a third party. Either way, I hope the rumor was true.

One of the better "insiders" over at allpar.com states the new viper has been issued body code 'ZD" and there are 2 different varients of the 8.4 engine listed with that car code. Very interesting.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:crazy2: WOW, I knew the word "Automatic" :nono: would attract serious Flame, but just "CHILL".:rolaugh: I just threw that into the mix thinking about the Nissan GT-R.(6 cyl.w/auto).Aren't the Fastest 1/4 mile V10 Vipers running automatic's ?:dunno: I've never owned a Corvette.(Owned two Vipers & many cars)& don't believe Dodge will ever make a 700 HP car w/auto, but if we're going to compete in a World Market/Today's Market,we must remain compettive.How many 536 HP luxuary cars will GM sell? How many ZR1's are sitting on the showroom floor? :dunno:
shooterT1; As stated above: Never owned a corvette, never will.
chuck98RT10;You think Vipers without windows,A/C,or a top would sell in today's market ?:rolleyes: Do you think Fiat will continue to produce a car that doesn't sell ? :dunno:
J&R 3xV10; Yes, you're right, Blasphamy :2tu:
I have faith that the new model will be much better than a Nissan GT-R,ZR1 or Porche. (Even with a 6-speed :lmao:)

ZR1 are sitting because they are priced out of the market. They are nearly identical to a Z06, the performance isn't much better, and they have that ridiculous clear hood. If they were priced @$85-90k I could see them selling a lot better.

The Viper has a much better chance selling at the ZR1s price point given they keep it exclusive and limit production numbers to around 800 cars per year. I don't care what anyone says, if you limit the supply the car will sell. The current gen Viper is bland and is too similar to the Corvette. They need to return to the more exotic shape to do what they original did...That is produce a bargain exotic with range topping performance.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari has always said they try and build one less car than there is demand for, and they have been the most successful in keeping retail prices(and even premiums) high.

I hate the F dealers attitude, but they consistantly have waiting lists for new cars, even in today's economy.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LA, i think you might be ignorant about some of the stuff you are spewing:

The reason record setting 1/4mile cars run automatic transmission are because they are a TWO-SPEED Powerglide that is one of the few things that can handle well over 1000ftlbs without blowing up.
These transmissions are made for the strip. Imagine driving a two-speed automatic on the street. It would be very boring.

The current 6-speed Viper ACR is capable of setting a "real" production car record on any track it touches. Thats one Fast Dinosaur:)

The Nissan GT-R, some Ferrari's, lambos, ect... Use a type of manual transmission(twin-clutch or sequential)
These can have the option to be automatically controlled such as the case with the GT-R. These hi-tech transmissions are very expensive and would push the viper into a new pricerange that many Viper enthusiasts&owners would not like. If you do have enough $$$ for one of these Hi-tech transmission then simply contact Woodhouse Motorsports @ (888) 859-7697 and they can set one up for you in your viper for around 26K:2tu:

and lastly...

Have you seen what happened to Hittler's GT-R ????
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAXJTTc__w[/media]

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression it was going to be more fuel efficient, this one definitely is curvy...

minielviracropped.png

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This I want to see.

I would like to see too! The current Gen IV has a hard time putting all the power to the pavement. Let's improve the suspension and wheel hop. I would settle for 650 'real world' HP.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see too! The current Gen IV has a hard time putting all the power to the pavement. Let's improve the suspension and wheel hop. I would settle for 650 'real world' HP.

The ability to put the power to the pavement can be regulated with you right foot. I can easily pull away from a Gen4, once you get up to speed all the extra horsepower is very usable.

I absolutely agree that the wheel hope has to go and the suspension needs some work, but why not have the power as well:D

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
My money is on: Regular version and forced induction version. Ralph has made the comment to a number of people with supercharged Vipers that "We will have something for you" or similar words. One of those people posted above. The cheapest alternative is to offer a forced induction version using a blower similar to the one used on the ZR1. As I mentioned above, I assume it would be in the 5 pound boost range and add no more than 100 HP.

I think the regular Viper will come out at 640 flywheel HP and the monster version will be in the range of 725 to 740 flywheel HP. There was a rumor floating around last year that Arrow Racing had done some fairly extensive testing on a boosted Gen IV engine that was in the 5 pound range. It was not clear whether this was done by them to develop a new Arrow Racing product or for a third party. Either way, I hope the rumor was true.

I sure hope not. A S/C Viper is useless on a road course. Viper made it's bones with it's track prowness. A super charged Viper would be right there with a ZR1...good for about 2 laps.