2013 SRT Viper teaser four: one last look before the debut.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's what's called extremely unflattering.

"Impressive" was the word to come to mind for me. Wide, in your face, unique and still clearly a viper.

Intersting how no teasers of the rear so far... I actually thought the rear of the car at VOI was awesome.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope just vents resembling the jeep hood

Thank goodness. The new view looks integrated into the design vs tacked on and emphasizes the curves of the car better. I am very happy the vents (old style) are gone.

Also, remember this hood design was designed before the SRT Jeep, so you know where the design cue came from.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Impressive" was the word to come to mind for me. Wide, in your face, unique and still clearly a viper.

Intersting how no teasers of the rear so far... I actually thought the rear of the car at VOI was awesome.

As long as the rear balances out the front. The rear needs to bulge out. If it does, SRT has done a very good job of concealing it.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a '64 Falcon I dont remember it looking like this?? ;) I was thinking it looks like a Ferrari 458 if the hood was smooth.

I think he was referring to this Falcon (the F7) :) That being said I think the hood on the new Viper looks fantastic. I can see a little bit of Falcon in there, but to be fair, the Falcon has many lines inspired from Vipers.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The interior pic was awesome but I have to say that I don't think this picture is very flattering. I'm optimistic though as I've never been disappointed on a viper design before. I'm sure the real thing would look a thousand times better in person. I do love how wide it looks and the fact that it's unmistakable viper like. I can't wait to see real pictures of the car and I hope someone will upload a 360 view video of the reveal for those of us who can't be there at the NY auto show.

It's coming can't wait till wednesday...

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't beleive how terrible this looks. I sure hope it looks better in person but every picture that is released makes it look worse and worse.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hot Wheels toy may be right on. Teaser Hood looks like the pic of the toy to me.

I agree with this. I went back and looked a few minutes ago and Hot Wheels it is. This doctored up picture is, as others have said, not at all flattering. But I think it's going to be fine on Wednesday. I sure hope so......

Bill

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you feel that way? Seriously, I am just wondering what aspects look bad to you from the pic your are seeing.

I don't like the hood at all. I am a big fan of the Viper louvers and feel it is a design point that they have evolved over time and perfected in the Gen IV and want to see them continue. I don't like the synergy between the Jeep and the Viper. The Viper should look like nothing else on the road especially not a jeep. I'm also not a fan of hood indentations. It just doesn't appeal to me. I am a HUGE Viper fan and will reserve final judgement until I see it in person. In fact I have yet to comment on ANY of the past rumors, leaks and teasers (except the interior which looks sweet).

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hot Wheels toy may be right on. Teaser Hood looks like the pic of the toy to me.

I thought the forum already accepted the hot wheels car IS THE CAR. For those that refuse to believe that, you're going to be disappointed. That being said a hot wheels car cannot capture the presence of a car, so seeing it in person will have a much bigger impact. If you're looking for reference lines and basic design, you've all seen it.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And these are only exterior photos and one interior, we still have the performance package to hear about and much much more. I think SRT is doing a great job in marketing except for the exclusive Facebook stuff. I don't Facebook because I think Facebook is too intrusive so I won't go on it. Just my 2 cents.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the hood at all. I am a big fan of the Viper louvers and feel it is a design point that they have evolved over time and perfected in the Gen IV and want to see them continue. I don't like the synergy between the Jeep and the Viper. The Viper should look like nothing else on the road especially not a jeep. I'm also not a fan of hood indentations. It just doesn't appeal to me. I am a HUGE Viper fan and will reserve final judgement until I see it in person. In fact I have yet to comment on ANY of the past rumors, leaks and teasers (except the interior which looks sweet).

Ahh, gotcha and that perspective helps. I happen to love the hood and thought it along with the rear were the best looking parts and happy to see them depart from the past, but if I had felt the louvers were a core viper design point, I could understand why you would be dissapointed. For me, it is all excitiment.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to see it in person, but I don't like the hood bulge sandwiched in the middle of the vents that go down. It just looks...really forced and awkward. Like two groups at SRT were arguing. One group wanted to keep the hood bulge and the other group wanted Ford GT/Falcon style vents. Finally they just decided to have both.

I like the overall lines of the car. If the hood turns out to be as ugly as it looks here, then hopefully someone will step up with a better looking aftermarket hood.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in person, I think you would better see the bulges fit perfectly with the roof and dramatic look in person. Not sure how a convt would look.

also, Ralph mentioned likely different hoods for conv, coupe, acr with the acr version being the wildest

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the forum already accepted the hot wheels car IS THE CAR. For those that refuse to believe that, you're going to be disappointed. That being said a hot wheels car cannot capture the presence of a car, so seeing it in person will have a much bigger impact. If you're looking for reference lines and basic design, you've all seen it.
Ralph himself stated that the HW version was the real deal...

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not impressed so far. Huge viper fan as evidenced by the fact that I own one, but this to me is unappealing. I hope the full reveal unveils something spectacular otherwise I'll keep my cash in my piggy bank.