OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks Todd....you're very sweet!!
You and a few other people have been SO supportive and yes..I am keeping the faith..(barely) but still haven't given up entirely!!

So again..thank you so much.

And it is SO gorgeous!! I just can't describe it!! Yes..I'm going to the show Sunday.....wouldn't (couldn't) miss it!!

Well....it looks like it was all for nothing..I want to thank all you guys for your support and help but I just got the word...2 cars coming to Canada....and I can't say where they're going..(I know I'm not getting one!!)....cause you'd all be as ********** (not as disappointed!)..but you'd be as annoyed as I am if you knew.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with my deposit........ but I'm too upset to think about it right now.

I definitely won't be going to the Toronto Auto Show now.

Last edited:

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....it looks like it was all for nothing..I want to thank all you guys for your support and help but I just got the word...2 cars coming to Canada....and I can't say where they're going..(I know I'm not getting one!!)....cause you'd all be as ********** (not as disappointed!)..but you'd be as annoyed as I am if you knew.

Wow...2 cars out of a run of 800 for the 2013 model year? That's more than a kick in the pants for the people who put down deposits.

Not sure I want to know who is getting the two, but I'm guessing no one who is a VCA member.

Glad I didn't sell my 2008 ACR...looks like Canada will be out in the cold for a long while.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...2 cars out of a run of 800 for the 2013 model year? That's more than a kick in the pants for the people who put down deposits.

Not sure I want to know who is getting the two, but I'm guessing no one who is a VCA member.

Glad I didn't sell my 2008 ACR...looks like Canada will be out in the cold for a long while.

I think they are talking about 2 Stryker red cars only for Canada, please correct me if I'm wrong,( so I can have a Heart attack) but other colors should be OK

JonSav

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes he is talking about the stryker red... about 30 people are getting their deposits back.. only 29 cars are coming to Canada apparently

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
I think they are talking about 2 Stryker red cars only for Canada, please correct me if I'm wrong,( so I can have a Heart attack) but other colors should be OK

Yes..2 STRYKER REDS only....

Lots of other colours will be coming......

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Probably , But Chrysler Canada will give you ZERO Warranty !!! From my experiance :omg:

Now isn't that stupid?! I mean about the warranties not crossing the border?! I mean you've got people who want the cars up here...and we can't get them (assuming there are any left without buyers!)...because of an invisible line..(the border)....
Canada and the USA are so similar ...more similar to each other than some states are to each other..and/or some provinces are to each other...
I've never understood why the warranty for a new car doesn't just go with the car?!....same cars...same dealers...we speak the same language....?!

It's just been a very disappointing day.
I feel for the other 28...29.....people who are feeling as I do.

*****!!!!!!

The way this is all panning out makes me very disappointed with CHRYSLER/SRT as a company. It wasn't handled nice at all. ESPECIALLY all the faith..(taking them at their word..like it was a level playing field)....support and loyalty (and dollars) we've been giving them all along. Shame on you guys.
You made a girl cry on VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
You'd think Ralph would have a bit of a soft spot in his heart for his homeland...

I'd be tweeting up a mad storm at him!

You'd think-EH??!!

And if I wasn't so technically inept I WOULD be tweeting up a storm.

Posting here is about as much as I can do.

JonSav

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anybody have a confirmed VIN # in Canada......I dont !

Dealer called me monday and said next week we should have our build dates.. but knowing them it's going to be more like 2-3 weeks

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd join just for that!

Thanks for the suggestion..boy that TWITTER thing is weird! I think I might just have tweeted Ralph...but I'm not really sure!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you know?!
Thanks for the suggestion ViperSmith..at least you're making me laugh!!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is always 2014s. This 2013 run seems to be a cluster f@#$. Doesn't make sense to have die hards more than willing to shell out top coin for the totally loaded overpriced new Gen and get turned away. I just don't understand the logic here. I mean right now SRT is so cash flow negative because the have sold zero cars to date. None have left the factory and been purchased. If I ran my business this way, I would be out of business. Too many excuses for too long. This car must have major issues struggling to overcome. I mean this is one of the big three, not a tuner, or is it? At some point you just have to have common sense prevail. For a $150k, where is the confidence?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand how frustrating it would be. Let me guess, they went to famous people or politicians?

Look at the bright side, you can wait for all the bugs to be sorted out!

I'd be furious as well, who knows if RG will respond, but it is complete BS that you all up north were strung along.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I think a few facts got lost here.... Let me see if I can clear up a few things here.

1 - Stryker red has turned out to be a PITA for SRT, not just for those who ordered the car. The paint process has ended up taking the same amount of time it takes to paint 3 complete Vipers and that was not anticipated. You can imagine now why the paint costs so much. SRT is not pleased obviously about the fact that they cant paint them as fast as they would like either. They want to see their customers happy obviously.

2 - Why does paint time matter? Well, with a small hand built car line, that equates to fewer other cars being painted in a week. If you don't paint enough cars to keep the just in time delivery line going, production stops. We must all remember Vipers are not an assembly line paint process where they paint 1000 in a day!

3 - As is the case, Stryker red cars have been limited to 1 (maybe 2) per week due to trying not to crash production. Stop and think about this people. There is 52 weeks in a year. That is only 52 cars. And at that, we are already partially through the year. Has nothing to do with 800 as mentioned above.

4 - As for Ralph, it is not a matter of him wanting to support Canada or not. Chrysler and Chrysler Canada are two different companies (meaning he has no say really in what they do), not to mention it is not his job to sit and dictate how many cars are allotted for what country. And for the record, he does very much support Canada and his roots in Montreal. :2tu:

5 - As for allotment, don't forget there is USA (by far the largest Viper market), Canada, and Europe. Not to mention any other region SRT is wanting to expand into. Thin out say 50 cars that are in high demand and not many people will be getting them.

6 - DO still go to the auto show. The Chrysler booth is fantastic and one of the best in years! Was there last night and was very proud!

7 - Lastly, as for Ralph on Twitter, he is very good at responding, but do remember he gets hundreds of messages a day. I know he does try to get to as many as he can but he is only one man trying to run a car company; and raise a family.

On a different note, it is very nice to see so many Canadians representing here! :yay:

You guys all understand when I say, is it spring yet!!!? :panic:

:D

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
prefix has had lots of extra time to paint the stryker cars cause the viper plant was only making a few cars per day for the last 3 months. it could be another month till we see cars. now if the plant was making 10 to 12 cars a day then i would agree.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup ! I cured my frustration by supporting the BLUE OVAL Guys on my last 3 purchases. Even when you Buy in the U.S. they still take care of you !!! That Policy definately makes you look at things differently . :omg:
Now isn't that stupid?! I mean about the warranties not crossing the border?! I mean you've got people who want the cars up here...and we can't get them (assuming there are any left without buyers!)...because of an invisible line..(the border)....
Canada and the USA are so similar ...more similar to each other than some states are to each other..and/or some provinces are to each other...
I've never understood why the warranty for a new car doesn't just go with the car?!....same cars...same dealers...we speak the same language....?!

It's just been a very disappointing day.
I feel for the other 28...29.....people who are feeling as I do.

*****!!!!!!

The way this is all panning out makes me very disappointed with CHRYSLER/SRT as a company. It wasn't handled nice at all. ESPECIALLY all the faith..(taking them at their word..like it was a level playing field)....support and loyalty (and dollars) we've been giving them all along. Shame on you guys.
You made a girl cry on VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
I respect everything you just said......and you're probably right about most of it....and I certainly know that Ralph has huge responsibilities both work related and family wise.....and I absolutely know he's a great guy!! and a great supporter of us CANUCKS!!

It's just that I'm very focused and when I fall in love with something I fall hard!! Sometimes I can even be a little unreasonable!!

So I will go to the Auto Show...I'll look at all the pretty cars!

And in my heart I'll be looking at that STRYKER RED VIPER and hoping one day to own one of my own.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some eye candy from the Toronto show. Not a very big image, but drop dead gorgeous non the less :headbang:

The stance of this particular car is perfect - much lower than the other pre-production models

You must be registered for see images attach

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I think a few facts got lost here.... Let me see if I can clear up a few things here.

1 - Stryker red has turned out to be a PITA for SRT, not just for those who ordered the car. The paint process has ended up taking the same amount of time it takes to paint 3 complete Vipers and that was not anticipated. You can imagine now why the paint costs so much. SRT is not pleased obviously about the fact that they cant paint them as fast as they would like either. They want to see their customers happy obviously.

2 - Why does paint time matter? Well, with a small hand built car line, that equates to fewer other cars being painted in a week. If you don't paint enough cars to keep the just in time delivery line going, production stops. We must all remember Vipers are not an assembly line paint process where they paint 1000 in a day!

3 - As is the case, Stryker red cars have been limited to 1 (maybe 2) per week due to trying not to crash production. Stop and think about this people. There is 52 weeks in a year. That is only 52 cars. And at that, we are already partially through the year. Has nothing to do with 800 as mentioned above.

4 - As for Ralph, it is not a matter of him wanting to support Canada or not. Chrysler and Chrysler Canada are two different companies (meaning he has no say really in what they do), not to mention it is not his job to sit and dictate how many cars are allotted for what country. And for the record, he does very much support Canada and his roots in Montreal. :2tu:

5 - As for allotment, don't forget there is USA (by far the largest Viper market), Canada, and Europe. Not to mention any other region SRT is wanting to expand into. Thin out say 50 cars that are in high demand and not many people will be getting them.

6 - DO still go to the auto show. The Chrysler booth is fantastic and one of the best in years! Was there last night and was very proud!

7 - Lastly, as for Ralph on Twitter, he is very good at responding, but do remember he gets hundreds of messages a day. I know he does try to get to as many as he can but he is only one man trying to run a car company; and raise a family.

On a different note, it is very nice to see so many Canadians representing here! :yay:

You guys all understand when I say, is it spring yet!!!? :panic:

:D

If this is the case, SRT should have sourced a small mom and pop outfit to paint the stryker red cars. Probably would've cost a lot less too.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Stryker Red is that much of a production burden, I wouldn't be surprised to see that color dropped next year. Plus, that is a lot of money to spend on something that will get damaged from driving on the street.

Spring will arrive before you know it. Hard to believe its already the middle of February!

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going on Monday with a friend of mine who's never been to the auto show nor seen a Viper in the flesh. Deprived childhood this guys had LOL. Maureen, I will take loads of pics just for you!

Agenda Monday morning:
Take pics of Viper
Take more pics of Viper
Go outside for fresh air
Take more pics of Viper that haven't been taken
Upload pics to facebook and make room on phone for more pics of Viper
Try and get to sit inside Viper
Walk around rest of show
Before leaving, one (hundred) more pic(s) of Viper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads