2013 Viper For Sale With Only 1307 Miles

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always liked the Viper, especially Gen V. A dealer has a 2013 Viper for sale with only 1,307 miles. I'm guessing the previous owner only took it to Cars & Coffee. But it is listed at $139,995! Hold the jokes, but full disclosure I am on a list for a C8 E-Ray, but that won't come along until sometime next year. So I'm looking around because I have the itch. Should I bite the bullet on this Viper, and if so, what price should I negotiate? And what should I look for in a car so old? For reference, I only drive once or twice a week, short distances, and here in the land of long and flat roads in Florida.

OR-1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to help regarding your search for a Gen 5 Viper. I have a 2013 that I love. Its not for sale, but I feel like I know those cars reasonably well and could provide some level of guidence. Where are you in Florida ? I am in Stuart, about 30 miles north of West Palm Beach. Email me. [email protected]. Thanks. Nick

OP
OP
LovesSuperCars

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to help regarding your search for a Gen 5 Viper. I have a 2013 that I love. Its not for sale, but I feel like I know those cars reasonably well and could provide some level of guidence. Where are you in Florida ? I am in Stuart, about 30 miles north of West Palm Beach. Email me. [email protected]. Thanks. Nick
Nick, thank you for the offer of help. At this point my search for a Gen 5 Viper has been put on hold. I ordered a new, inbound GT-R (previously owned two of them) and it was just announced that the '25 MY would be the end of the line for the R35 platform

OR-1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick, thank you for the offer of help. At this point my search for a Gen 5 Viper has been put on hold. I ordered a new, inbound GT-R (previously owned two of them) and it was just announced that the '25 MY would be the end of the line for the R35 platform

OR-1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck with the GT-R. Keep the Gen 5 Viper in mind for sometime in the future. I think you’d like it a lot.

OP
OP
LovesSuperCars

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck with the GT-R. Keep the Gen 5 Viper in mind for sometime in the future. I think you’d like it a lot.
Thank you, and I may. I've admired the Viper since its debut. But only a Gen V, since I'm sure I'd end up wrapped around a tree with previous ones, ha-ha.

2013GeeTeeS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you driven one? I'm in central FL so if you're interested gladly take you for a ride.

I haven't owned a GT-R but have debated having one for a more DD.

OP
OP
LovesSuperCars

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer of a ride. I'm in Melbourne, where are you? My '24 GT-R is estimated for a delivery late next month, and it will be my third one. It's obviously not the same kind of car with raw performance like the Viper, but has always been among the top tier of high performance cars since its debut in the US with the '09 MY. And to your point about it as a DD, I can attest to that. In fact, when I was trying to convince my wife it was a suitable DD, I pointed out the AWD, snow mode, ample trunk, and two rear seats (though to the latter, seats for little people or very cramped for everyone else), ha-ha. But Nissan actually designed the car to be the everyday, for everyone, supercar.

2013GeeTeeS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Lakeland.

A close friend had a very lightly modded 2014 Premium GT-R. He loved it and keeping it close to stock kept it being quite reliable. What spec did you go with? I like the T spec I believe it's ed with the almost goldish tint. Honestly, I'd probably trade my Viper for one. lol

OP
OP
LovesSuperCars

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Lakeland.

A close friend had a very lightly modded 2014 Premium GT-R. He loved it and keeping it close to stock kept it being quite reliable. What spec did you go with? I like the T spec I believe it's ed with the almost goldish tint. Honestly, I'd probably trade my Viper for one. lol
My '09 GT-R was FBO mods, with intakes, injectors, DP's, and tune, but my '14 I kept stock. For the new '24 I've ordered I plan to keep it stock, at least until the warranty expires. At least that's the plan for now, ha-ha. And it's the Premium trim. T-Spec lists in the $140K range and that's way above my pay grade. But for the 2025 MY, since it has been reported to be the last for the R35 GT-R, there are a few special trims. I really like the Skyline edition. As for a goldish tint GT-R, the only one I recall with a similar color was the 45th anniversary Gt-R, which came in an gold exterior. That may have been 2014 or 2015.
The current T-Spec is available in Midnight Purple and Millenium Jade.

2013GeeTeeS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see myself spending $140k on a GT-R. Too many other cars I'd rather have at that price range. However, $110-115k, I'm interested.

Truth be told I'm not up on all the GT-R's. I know the look much better for 2024 and they have small improvements year over year.

OP
OP
LovesSuperCars

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see myself spending $140k on a GT-R. Too many other cars I'd rather have at that price range. However, $110-115k, I'm interested.

Truth be told I'm not up on all the GT-R's. I know the look much better for 2024 and they have small improvements year over year.
GT-Rs for '24 MY are $121,090K MSRP, $141,090K MSRP for T-Spec, and $221,090 for the NISMO. Yes, Nissan has made very good incremental changes for most new model years (and some major refreshes, such as for the 2017 MY). But the fact remains, it's an old platform. The R35 GT-R came out with the '09 MY and is still here. That's a long time! When I ordered my then new '09, it was around $70K. The one I just ordered was $123K. I hear you about what you might buy instead for something costing $140K. I didn't want to spend the extra $20K or so on the T-Spec, as I felt the Premium trim was fine. The '25 MY should be the R35 GT-R's swan song, so there will be several special editions offered. But limited supply will push the prices up more. It's a car that Nissan just has not produced many over the years. So that pushes up prices with more buyers out there vs supply. I'm just glad I'm getting one of the last. Of all the cars I've owned, it's one that's been very special to me and I like that I don't see everyone and their brother driving one.

2013GeeTeeS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT-Rs for '24 MY are $121,090K MSRP, $141,090K MSRP for T-Spec, and $221,090 for the NISMO. Yes, Nissan has made very good incremental changes for most new model years (and some major refreshes, such as for the 2017 MY). But the fact remains, it's an old platform. The R35 GT-R came out with the '09 MY and is still here. That's a long time! When I ordered my then new '09, it was around $70K. The one I just ordered was $123K. I hear you about what you might buy instead for something costing $140K. I didn't want to spend the extra $20K or so on the T-Spec, as I felt the Premium trim was fine. The '25 MY should be the R35 GT-R's swan song, so there will be several special editions offered. But limited supply will push the prices up more. It's a car that Nissan just has not produced many over the years. So that pushes up prices with more buyers out there vs supply. I'm just glad I'm getting one of the last. Of all the cars I've owned, it's one that's been very special to me and I like that I don't see everyone and their brother driving one.

$70k the 3% each year comes out to just about $120k. So yeah, it's more but relative I guess.

They are pretty rare. I see one here and there but not often.

OP
OP
LovesSuperCars

LovesSuperCars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$70k the 3% each year comes out to just about $120k. So yeah, it's more but relative I guess.

They are pretty rare. I see one here and there but not often.
Besides (still) being one of the top high performance cars out there, it's for that reason that I'm getting another one. I like having something you don't see very often, like a Viper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala