2014 On Order?

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get in on the early 2014 order. I do have a VIN but no other info, and I'm not expecting much for a while.

I wish, as many of you do, that SRT had better communication skills.

Anyone else have a 14 ordered? Are you thinking of ordering a 14?

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be happy. I can't even get a 2014 spec sheet. All I get is advice to call this dealer or that dealer because they know. If I wanted to call a dealer I would have. I want a spec sheet. By the way a blog to Ralph was ignored.:mad:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gonna monitor the 14 commentary closely; if it doesn't improve from what occurred (or from what didn't occur) from the 13 ordering process then my 2015 V vert purchase might turn into a Gallardo successor one.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some dealers already has the 14 ordering forms including options and pricing.. but still more clarity needed from srt
I think the red seats are of no charge now on the SRT??

Nambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gonna monitor the 14 commentary closely; if it doesn't improve from what occurred (or from what didn't occur) from the 13 ordering process then my 2015 V vert purchase might turn into a Gallardo successor one.

Not holding my breath. My original order went from Wave 1 to Wave 2 and then to a 14. Switched to a TA at that point so further delay is my fault.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least tell us what you ordered and the options / colors / wheels!

I had to order the fastest color, of coarse :D

GTS

Viper Racing Yellow

Big badass black stripes

Strykers in cool black with the stickies

and black innards with red belts

I hope it shows up by Christmas.......this year, at least by superbowl

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm thinking 2015 Lamborghini Cabrera in Viola Ophelia, Black wheels and nero interior with purple stitching....

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, N/C.

Here are the recent ordering changes for the 2014 models:

SRT: Base MSRP now $99,395 (+ $2,000)

SRT - now included in standard equipment:

Cup Holder Insert (CDR)
GPS Navigation (JLN)
HD Radio (RE8)
ParkView(TM) Rear Back-up Camera (XAC)
SiriusXM Traffic (RSS)
SiriusXM Travel Link (RSM)
Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/Access/NAV (RA4)
Viper Carpet Floor Mats (CLL)

SRT - No longer included in standard equipment:

SRT Audio, 9 Speakers (RC9)
Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT/Access (RA3)

SRT - Deleted:

SRT High Perf Audio, 12 Speakers (RC5)

SRT GTS
GTS Laguna Interior Package (ASV) now includes SRT High Perf Audio, 18 Speakers (RCA)

--RS

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some dealers already has the 14 ordering forms including options and pricing.. but still more clarity needed from srt

Red seats cost the same as black leather seats on the SRT. You just cant get the matching red door panel and center console red accents, which is a shame, I love those! They really should just make leather seats standard. Was there a single car made with the base ballistic nylon or whatever they're calling it seats?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh man, I've been looking myself, can't even believe it, after 15 yrs of vipers that I'm actually wavering a bit on what I'm thinking. I love my gen4 but have been ready to update, now I don't know what I'm thinking, it's starting to seem goofy how bad info is flowing, I'm a big SRT supporter of course but sometimes I feel like - come on, they're supposed to be a real car company, can we have a little info before we actually get into 2014. It's like they got off to a bang of a start and then started tripping on their d&@ks.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya ,their is a new one our in Blair Ne.with the plastic seats that has not sold for a month...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya ,their is a new one our in Blair Ne.with the plastic seats that has not sold for a month...

It has the base ballistic seats in it? Some one was just asking on another thread if any had been made with the base seat option, looks like the answer is yes.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if it is not leather,is Ballistic fancy word for plastic ??? Kinda Crazy on a 100,000.00 car...

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if it is not leather,is Ballistic fancy word for plastic ??? Kinda Crazy on a 100,000.00 car...

I think it is a high grade nylon. Funnily enough I prefer cloth (woven) seats because they tend to breath better and don't get as hot/cold as leather seats.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's ballistic because its made with ballistic nylon fabric. It's actually preferred for track duty and the reason it's the only seat option on the TA model, it tends to be preferred to alcantera inserts, which are also good and not leather, because the ballistic nylon doesn't make you sweat as much as the alcantera.

Of course leather smells and looks nicer.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I placed the order for my SRT back in November, we didn't have any photos of the "Ballistic Cloth" seats to look at. The thought of having cloth covered seats in a Viper just sounded cheap, and I couldn't imagine them looking good. So, I opted for the $3K leather upgrade.

Now, after having seen the cloth seats, I'd have saved myself $3K and just went with them instead. I think they look a little more interesting than the base leather seats, which are pretty boring to look at. The cloth is just on the inserts, and probably would breathe better than the leather.

The Viper T/A has the ballistic cloth seats. As you can see, it appears mostly leather-like, but with minor cloth inserts. I like the design.

You must be registered for see images attach

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the standard seat ??? If so,they look real good.First time I have seen close...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes there is one in Blair, and it was ordered, but the gentleman decided against for personal reasons, nothing about the seats -- and it has not actually been available for much more than about 2 weeks, as I had it held. The seats frankly are quite nice and we in fact ordered quite a few more SRTs for 2014 with the base seats as they do look really good. The one in stock shows you can have a great looking new Snake for a little over 100K ( this one only lists for 106K and it is the classic combo of black with silver stripes )

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so now I'm confused... the 2014 standard SRT will have uconnect,GPS...= grand touring package as standard? and red is going to be for ballistic? or only leather as in 13

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the TA is $122k. Does that include destination and gas guzzler ? Can a TA be ordered in other colors ?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TA was rumored to come out in the Orange, but also White and Black, but at present they can not be ordered. No pricing is available , and therefore guessing at the price would just be conjecture.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the standard and leather seats have side air bags for the driver and passenger on the Gen.5 ????

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, a new feature on all of the 2014 Viper models is "Rain Mode", selectable via the stability control settings ("Full On/Rain/Full Off" on the SRT, and "Full On/Sport/Track/Rain/Full Off" on the GTS and SRT TA package).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang