$209 Full Service Oil Change at the Dealer?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobraken,

Be pleased to know that these items will hopefully become a thing of the past , as SRT has been listening to both Dealers and consumers over the past years about needing high quality training for Viper Techs. Dealerships in the future will have extensively trained Techs or they will not be selling Vipers. Stories like yours should evaporate, as we both know this is the type of thing that should never happen in the first place. High quality service is not just a benefit to the customer, it is a requirement , in my mind , to elevate the Viper back to the hallowed ground it stood on for so many years.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

Good to hear this kind of stuff Bill. I wish I was in a position to buy a brand new Viper wen they come out.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a lift and because of my car having a front splitter, I have to be careful of drive on lifts. So while I was at my local Jiffy Lube getting my truck done I asked the manager about the possibility of doing my car if I brought my own oil and factory filter. I also asked that it be me that pulls it in and backs it out.

2 - 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 0W - 40 from Advance Auto Parts 38$ each 76$
1 - factory filter from my dealer with VCA discount 13$
oil drain and filter replacement with nothing else 16$
___
105$ No muss, no fuss. :)

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cobraken,

Be pleased to know that these items will hopefully become a thing of the past , as SRT has been listening to both Dealers and consumers over the past years about needing high quality training for Viper Techs. Dealerships in the future will have extensively trained Techs or they will not be selling Vipers. Stories like yours should evaporate, as we both know this is the type of thing that should never happen in the first place. High quality service is not just a benefit to the customer, it is a requirement , in my mind , to elevate the Viper back to the hallowed ground it stood on for so many years.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

As a retired Dodge/Chrysler dealer, I heartily concur with Bill's thoughts. We had one of the first few certified Viper tech's in the country back in the early '90s and it definitely was worth the investment in terms of customer satisfaction. This car is unique and the owners are equally unique and demand and deserve a higher level of customer handling than may be available at the non-certified dealer population.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy the oil your self, I just picked up mobile one at Walmart on sale 5 quartz for $19.00
You can buy the nice k&n filters with the nut on the end so you don't need an oil filter wrench.
Do it in the garage and save some money, do it right! Don't hope that some viper tech is going to make everything better :)

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to do the oil change to all my vehicles this morning. It's not often the oil needs changing on them at the same time but its easier this way.
I've spent from left to right the Viper $72, Accord $25, Ram $42, F350 $90 Total of $229 I was able to do all four for $10 more than what they charged you at the dealer for one. I use synthetic on all but the honda and it took about 2 hours to do it incuding the inspection.
I'm not sure what it would be for these four cars at the dealer but I would guess its about $350- $450
The best part of doing this simple maintenance is being able to inspect the under carriage for any potential problems for instance, I noticed the F350 will need brake pads soon
and the tranny cooler line was rubbing against one of the exhaust heat shields. This could have been bad cause it started to wear but caught it on time and fixed it. The Viper has developed a leak on the left front shock absorber which will be replaced under warranty. These are some of the things that don't always get noticed.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog