$25,995 1994 RT/10 only 28,789 miles! For Fast Sell! Best Deal Out There!!

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i thought you are selling it for what you owe on it? thats just freeing up the car payment? keep it, man! does it have the old head gaskets? does the hood have any separation cracks? car looks tight so lets go the other way and list what is actually wrong with it. scuffs, interior, etc.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, it will be freeing up the car payment. Even though the payment is not much it will still releave a little stress. After doing my homework, working the business plan, and all of my calculations I do not see how I will not be able to afford another car payment. But, I like to be careful at first. Low overhead is what I'm looking for.

I would say it has the old head gaskets. I did not see any invoices out of the many invoices that I have for that repair. I do not see any signs of the gaskets failing.

As for the scuffs and what not. The hood like I listed and have a pictures of has a scratch/crack in the paint from the top of the hood going to the middle. The scratch/crack is only in the paint and does not go threw the hood. I checked the tires last night and noticed the rears are not as new as I thought. They are only 8 months old but they look used. I say you have about another 5K miles on them. The fronts still look new. The very bottom of the front bumper is scratch up just like most Vipers. When standing in front of it you can not see them. I have a picture of this in my gallery. The sidesills have a few spots that are blistering up. Just like most GEN1 Vipers. Pictures are in my gallery. To me these things are not that big of a deal. You have to look to see them. If this car had 4K miles on it and was a collectable then it would be a problem. This car is a driver. That's what the Viper is for! I do take very good care of this car. If someone is looking for a Viper that will last them for years to come with no problems but do not want to buy one in the $30's then this is the car for them.

If I think of anything else I will post it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd find out for sure if it still has paper gaskets or the new MLS style. Thats a $2k+ repair IF it ever needs the new gaskets. Could be the deciding decision if someone buys your car or goes for a Gen 1 that has already had the work done. If you can't tell, post a pic of the edges of the headgaskets and someone here will be able to tell you. If they look old, dingy and cheap...they're the paper ones

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a hell of a deal. In a better economy it would have sold the same day but with multiple banks failing now, the latest 2 today, credit is drying up. May I ask what business you are starting?

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 days left!! There are 38 ebayers that have saved my auction to watch it. So... there's a chance that one of them will bid... Or 99% of those ebayers are in high school and are dreaming...

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mills, i am using you as a market peg on values right now. keep us informed when you find a buyer at what price.

thanks

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jay. I will be your market peg anyday! ha It's sad that I am selling it for this low. I really never thought that the GEN1s would get below $30K. I thought they would hit $30K and then start going up slowly as collectables.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Jay. I will be your market peg anyday! ha It's sad that I am selling it for this low. I really never thought that the GEN1s would get below $30K. I thought they would hit $30K and then start going up slowly as collectables.
In a better economy, they will. People are struggling bad right now for the most part! My cousin works for Merrill Lynch and "Merrill" says probably towards the end of 2009 before things get stronger is what they are guessing by the economy and analyst right now. It's all speculation though!:eater: Could be sooner. Don't flame me as I am far from a financial GURU! Just passing on info told to me. People with a few bucks right now can help to stimulate things if they start spending. Not to mention, as we all know it is a great time to buy anything. The rich get richer these days!!! Wish I was one of them!!!!:D

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem HHI Viper. It is what it is. I have one hour left. Does not look like anyone is going to buy it. So that means I will keep it. I will not put it back up on ebay again. I will not go lower on my price.

I have a guy that live close to me that found my Viper on ebay. Said he just sold his ACR a few months ago. He said my car is only worth $23K and he would pay cash! I told him my car is the best deal on the net right now even with the market. He said he just missed an auction for a 93 RT/10 with 30K miles on it for $21,000. He also said he bought his ACR in mint condition for $35,500 last year??? I had to call him out on that one. Once I heard that I could tell this guy was lying the whole time. Some people just kill me! Makes me wont to come threw their PC and smack them! ha I told him that I would cut my balls off before I sold my car for $23K!!! ha

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problem HHI Viper. It is what it is. I have one hour left. Does not look like anyone is going to buy it. So that means I will keep it. I will not put it back up on ebay again. I will not go lower on my price.

I have a guy that live close to me that found my Viper on ebay. Said he just sold his ACR a few months ago. He said my car is only worth $23K and he would pay cash! I told him my car is the best deal on the net right now even with the market. He said he just missed an auction for a 93 RT/10 with 30K miles on it for $21,000. He also said he bought his ACR in mint condition for $35,500 last year??? I had to call him out on that one. Once I heard that I could tell this guy was lying the whole time. Some people just kill me! Makes me wont to come threw their PC and smack them! ha I told him that I would cut my balls off before I sold my car for $23K!!! ha
That guy should be a car salesman!:rolaugh: "NOT" If you "CAN" keep it, I would till the market picks up. Good luck either way my friend!!:2tu:

Speedfreek

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made you a fair offer for your car considering you told me it needed $1500 in paint work, and new tires and that dash put back to stock and you don't know about the head gaskets. I was wrong on the 35500 I looked at my paperwork and paid $36200 for the ACR which I sent you a link to the car for sale. Here is the link for everyone else to see. I put tires on the car and that is it so I was near $37500 in it. I sold it to a friend who sold it to the dealer that has it now and only asking $41800 for it and they are like the Carmax of the area and only take top notch cars on there lot. I assure you it is mint no paint or accidents like you assumed in your email. Obviously no one bid on your car so take that as you will. Still I think 23 is fair for your car needing what it needs. Smack whatever you think you can smack. PS. if anyone is interested in the ACR I wouldn't offer 39 or so if you weren't serious because you will probably own it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made you a fair offer for your car considering you told me it needed $1500 in paint work, and new tires and that dash put back to stock and you don't know about the head gaskets. I was wrong on the 35500 I looked at my paperwork and paid $36200 for the ACR which I sent you a link to the car for sale. Here is the link for everyone else to see. I put tires on the car and that is it so I was near $37500 in it. I sold it to a friend who sold it to the dealer that has it now and only asking $41800 for it and they are like the Carmax of the area and only take top notch cars on there lot. I assure you it is mint no paint or accidents like you assumed in your email. Obviously no one bid on your car so take that as you will. Still I think 23 is fair for your car needing what it needs. Smack whatever you think you can smack. PS. if anyone is interested in the ACR I wouldn't offer 39 or so if you weren't serious because you will probably own it.

Carsplus

:lmao::lmao: i take it speedfreak is the guy that looked at your car?

Speedfreek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks like a dealer...They buy low and sell high...Thats what dealers do...Al

Got a call from a dealer friend Today on a 93 with 14k miles on it one owner, mint for 26k, and I know he's making money on me.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's the guy. The thing is, I lowered the price to $25,995 because of these paint problems. I did not start my price there so someone can say well it will cost this much to get it to new condition again so I will take that off the asking price and offer you that. HELL I could part this car out and get almost that for it. There's no way in hell that I will sell it for that. It might seem like a fair price to him but he is out of touch with the real world. He said that's what this car is worth. Yet, he has never seen this car. He has seen pictures and thats it. You are correct as I think he is a dealer or has a lot of friends that are dealers that buy salvage Vipers for dirt cheap. To bad mine is not a salvage. Anyways, I have a guy our in TX that I have talked to a few times this week that might be buying it for $26K. Not $23K. This guy is amazed with my low price and how nice this car is.

If it does not sell I will just keep it. No skin off my back. You will always get a guy like Speedfreek trying to screw someone over. Not going to happen to me.

V

Venomiss

Yep, that's the guy. The thing is, I lowered the price to $25,995 because of these paint problems. I did not start my price there so someone can say well it will cost this much to get it to new condition again so I will take that off the asking price and offer you that. HELL I could part this car out and get almost that for it. There's no way in hell that I will sell it for that. It might seem like a fair price to him but he is out of touch with the real world. He said that's what this car is worth. Yet, he has never seen this car. He has seen pictures and thats it. You are correct as I think he is a dealer or has a lot of friends that are dealers that buy salvage Vipers for dirt cheap. To bad mine is not a salvage. Anyways, I have a guy our in TX that I have talked to a few times this week that might be buying it for $26K. Not $23K. This guy is amazed with my low price and how nice this car is.

If it does not sell I will just keep it. No skin off my back. You will always get a guy like Speedfreek trying to screw someone over. Not going to happen to me.

Don't worry about it you have a nice car for an awesome price.
If you don't sell it you'll still have fun with it too.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mills, i think the only thing that someone could bark about is the old style head gaskets that will need to be replaced. i think your price of 26k already reflects that. i would not budge from 26k. let fate decide it for you.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm staying strong on that price. I need to get under the car and check the head gasket and make sure it has not been replace. BTW, it's sooooo nice out that I drove it to work. I'll have NO problem keeping this car! lol

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a call from a dealer friend Today on a 93 with 14k miles on it one owner, mint for 26k, and I know he's making money on me.

maybe mint for a salvage. Maybe it is mint and it is a steal. But that doesn't negate that this owner posting on this forum is not also offering a steal. You can't base your OPINION on a fair selling price because you have seen 2 or 3 that are cheaper (when in fact there are probably 50-75 comparables selling for MORE). I have been watching this market for quite awhile and dealers are selling "mint" gen 1's from about 33-39k with a few gen 1's going for about 29-33k. Some private sellers are going lower into the 30s and deep 20s. A nice gen 1 with 28k miles for 25,995 is a great deal...even a steal.

I just sense you are bitter that you are not getting the car for whatever reasons are preventing you from getting it. But if you think u are going to wait for the best deal in the entire country...well keep waiting because there is always a better deal...or steal. peace.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speedfreek go back to the Honda forums. $26,000 is a steal for that RT/10 even it if needs minor touch up work. Jmills be firm on your price.

Speedfreek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speedfreek go back to the Honda forums. $26,000 is a steal for that RT/10 even it if needs minor touch up work. Jmills be firm on your price.

Honda forums RIGHT. Yea I guess 26k is a steal if you own one and don't want to admit they are down right now. But if you were buying it wouldn't be a steal. If you paid 26 for it then painted it and put tires on it your 28k in a car that has had paintwork. When you could pick up a ****** orignal car for around that.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, he's not going to trade you his VIPER for your 97' Chevy Cavalier and comic book collection. If you can find a mint, low mileage Gen 1 for $1500.00 and a free tank of gas, buy it! Just quit whining that Jon isn't letting you low ball him. If you know about all these other deals that are so much better than Jon's, freaking buy one!

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
****** original for that? chad is right. why the hell are you even talking about anything in here? go buy the damn cherry viper. the time you wasted in here you could have found at least 2, mint, gen1's for $20,998. wait... the price just dropped again. $19,998. see, i just made you a grand....

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you know about all these other deals that are so better than Jon's, freaking buy one!

Exactly!! I had the same lowball replies when I sold my Z06 to get the Viper. "Man, you need to come off a few grand. I know of several cars just like yours, except they are mint and have lower mileage, going for way less than you are asking."

Guess what? A few weeks later I got a buyer who paid what I was asking. Next time I sell a car, I will market it for several thousand more than I think it's worth. Maybe someone will feel better about talking me down?? :rolleyes:

speedfreak: Please just buy one of these "fair market value" Vipers you are talking about and enjoy it. If getting one is as easy as you claim, then it'll be no problem to do. :2tu:

Speedfreek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not the one whining you all are the ones bringing it back up. I have moved on. Hope he sells it for more than he's wanting. I have found several and will buy the right one. May buy my ACR back if it's worth so much more than I thought. And looks like this is the place to sell one when that time comes judging by what you all say the values are.

Speedfreek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well on a side note what is my old ACR worth? I know I can buy it back for 38-9 but I feel like that is crazy seeing as I only had 36-7 in it almost a year ago.

DreamOn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh snap! :eater:
Having actually seen Jon's car "in person", I can assure any potential buyers that he's asking a better-than-fair price. However, if I was a buyer, of course I would try to get it for less. It's the jawing and whining after negotiations broke down that's so entertaining for the rest of us. :eater:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well on a side note what is my old ACR worth? I know I can buy it back for 38-9 but I feel like that is crazy seeing as I only had 36-7 in it almost a year ago.

your crazy if you think guys in here will offer free advice to a "flipper".