2nd round of mods for my 06 coupe

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First round was corsa exhaust,high flow cats,short throw shifter and cold air intake. This round will be new forgline wheels with ps2's(with the deep discount from parts rack) stop-tech rotors and an aluminum flywheel. I can't waite for them to go on! I'm trying to do little mods and still stay under warranty. What type of performance gains will I get from these mods, or will the wheels just make it look better/faster? Either way I'm pretty excited even if it's not the 08 coupe.:D

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgline is having a close out on wc3p's. I ordered chrome with silver centers(to match stripe on car). They said they are deep dish so that should look pretty good with the chrome .

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, I haven't posted any pics ever, but will definitely do so when they come in.(4-5 weeks to build and deliver)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well with the lighter rotors, wheels and lighter flywheel, the car should accel quicker and stop better. I would guess you will be saving 60+ lbs of rotational mass.

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey MikeR, how much weight did you end up saving on your i-forged? Did you do a before and after? I just put in the order for some myself!

edit: sorry...didn't mean to get off subject!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey MikeR, how much weight did you end up saving on your i-forged? Did you do a before and after? I just put in the order for some myself!

edit: sorry...didn't mean to get off subject!

Im not a good comparison. I had the Sidewinder wheels on my Viper,because I have a Copperhead edition. They are the lightest Viper wheel. I think they were a good 50+ lbs lighter then the other Viper wheels.

Anyways, I was so excited to get them on, I forgot to weigh them. I do have the bigger Michelin 20" tire on rear, but next time i have them off, probably a week or so, ill weigh and post my findings.

Last edited:

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have made substantial mods to my 06 Coupe without affecting my warranty. They are listed below. The two mods that affect performance on the track the most was the SS brakelines and the moton adjustable shocks. It handles like a totally different car. If you plan on tracking it I suggest a comp coupe oil pan. It will protect your engine. My 2 cents is if you plan on driving on a track go for suspension before modifiying your drive train.

3M Clear Bra – Front, Sills, Mirrors and all Quarters
K&N Airbox
Corsa Catback Track Exhaust System
Short Throw Shifter
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Moton Club Racer Adjustable Shocks
Eibach Springs
Competition Coupe Front and Read Sway Bars
Competition Coupe Oil Pan
Competition Coupe Ball Joint Heat Shields
Front and Rear Tow Hooks
Calcomp Lap Timer
Teamtech 6 Point Harnesses, Driver & Passenger
Forgeline SX3R Racing Wheels

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess your mileage and location. 3450k miles, Miami. What are you looking to get next?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have made substantial mods to my 06 Coupe without affecting my warranty. They are listed below. The two mods that affect performance on the track the most was the SS brakelines and the moton adjustable shocks. It handles like a totally different car. If you plan on tracking it I suggest a comp coupe oil pan. It will protect your engine. My 2 cents is if you plan on driving on a track go for suspension before modifiying your drive train.

3M Clear Bra – Front, Sills, Mirrors and all Quarters
K&N Airbox
Corsa Catback Track Exhaust System
Short Throw Shifter
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Moton Club Racer Adjustable Shocks
Eibach Springs
Competition Coupe Front and Read Sway Bars
Competition Coupe Oil Pan
Competition Coupe Ball Joint Heat Shields
Front and Rear Tow Hooks
Calcomp Lap Timer
Teamtech 6 Point Harnesses, Driver & Passenger
Forgeline SX3R Racing Wheels

Snnaked what spring rates are you running with the Motons? Also did the comp coupe sway bars have a positive effect on handling? Are you running the stock wheel tire setup? i am debating on doing sway bars but I dont want to develop a "push" or understeer in the front end.

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before and after......

169.JPG

1771.JPG

1721.jpg

179.JPG

187.JPG

Thanks JohnB@partsrack for the 2nd round of mods!Very very happy :2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the rust on these new stop tech rotors disapear when I drive it?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kman, your car looks great.......yes, the rust will disappear off the rotors once you start driving the car. Great choice of wheel and car would look better if it were lowered(IMHO).

OP
OP
K

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't sure about the silver centers to match the stripe,but in person it looks pretty good,hard to tell from pics. The rust on the stop-techs was my only concern,good to hear it will be going away soon! Thanks for the comments. :2tu:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up kman. I can't wait to see them in person today. For all you northerners it's going to be a chilly 70+ degree day in Georgia. :lmao: Just joking I grew up in Pittburgh, so I feel your pain.