2nd time at the track....Best of 11.32

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran my for my first time last friday at Albuquerque Dragway in New Mexico. Did 3 passes and had a best time of 11.7. Ran Saturday in an event called the ALL OUT CALL OUT at the same track. Temp was 81 degrees, track elevation is 5300 ft, so we loose alot of power up here. I had 4 runs. first at 11.33, 12.12, 11.48 and did best of 11.32 at 128mph for the final run with a 1.870 sixty foot with reaction time of .389 (not so good) on a protree. I was using this conversion calculator from our altitude to sea level and it says I would have ran a 10.91 @ 133mph.

I got into trouble from Tech in the last run because my passes were under an 11.5 and was told I could not run again until I get a roll bar.

I'm not sure how the Density Altitude effects things but it was 7658 for that night.

I am running a set of Toyo Proxi RA1's for the rears with 29psi cold. They seem to hook ok, but not great. I am pushing around 7 1/2 pound of boost with the Roe using an 8lbs pulley and DW pulley. Running 2.4 degree's advance above stock timing. Running 10 gallons of 91 octane with a 32oz can of Torco Accelerator octane booster.

I purchased an AEM and will be switching to that in the next month or so. The vec works great for my setup for WOT, just having some idle issues. Hopefully can sqeeze a little more power out with the stand alone.

I'll be changing over the 10lbs pulley in the winter after I install my dual pump setup. Looking forward to see what times she runs next year.

Attached in the link below, is a short vid I made with a some of my runs in it... I had my first run with a camaro, didn't do so hot with my 12.1. Couldn't hook up, I almost caught him in the end but didn't quite make it. Oh well, had fun regardless. After that made my other passes with my fastest times.

Some Footage from All Out Call Out May 2012.wmv - YouTube

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21