2oz of Sterling Silver Viper key

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first bought my 2000 GTS, one of the first things that took me, was, for a car as over the top good looking as the Viper, they gave you a gray & black plastic key. It just didn’t seem fitting for the Viper. So I set out to find a jeweler to mold a better looking key, and they did. In the process of perfecting the mold, they bought a blank. The blank was for a Gen III though. So last week after I picked up my SRT/10 I went by to see if they had any Sterling Silver Gen III keys and here it is. It’s a little too BLING for me, and it doesn’t fit right, but they are working on it. I will say I like the solid black stock Gen III though.

What do you think?

4030DSC02762-med.JPG

Here’s my old Gen II key

403010362Sterling_Silver_Viper_.jpg

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold) :usa:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Sneaky Pete key a LOT. :laugh:

The Fangs key is also nice, but not quite as cool looking to me.

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i definately want to get that key I don't care how bling it is... how do I go about getting one of those gen 3 keys??? also do you guys know where I can get a good keychain?

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of you that want a key, pm me and I'll let you know when they make some more.

My key chain came from Tiffanys

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a custom solid silver "SRT" key chain from a member of the 300CSRT8 forum. He milled it from a solid silver cube, thing is, silver bends pretty easily.

I am thinking you need to add a little nickle to the keys right? Does yours bend easy?

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen II key was all sterling silver, and I used it for 3 years with no issues. This Gen III key they're going to put the steel shank into it.

2005 Silver SRT/10

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please let me know when these are available for the Gen 3. That will look much cooler laying on the bar than the original. ;)

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought 5 blanks for each, the Gen II and Gen III keys. I'm giving them to the jeweler to make up for me, and then I'll let you all know when finished.

PM or email me if anybody else want one. Not sure the cost, he's yet to ever charge me.

2005 Silver SRT/10

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:

Finally got a hold of the jeweler. He said the keys were done and at the polishers and I could get them tomorrow.

But don’t hold your breath:-(

I asked about the price, he said not to worry about it.

Translation: He feels bad that he’s been a flake and he’ll sell them and make no profit.
Problem: He’s got no incentive to make anymore if it’s not profitable.

I hope they’re way under $100. I gave him 20 key blanks.

2005 Silver SRT/10

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see the outside edges of the key polished. And if it was mine I would have the inside painted the color of my car so the polished fangs really stand out.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got some keys from this Jeweler. The guys been jerking me around for 5 months, and he only made 9 of the 20 keys I initially ask him for. 4 Fangs and 5 Sneaky Pete’s. I’ve already contacted the people asked for them first and sent most of them out this morning.
The Jeweler had finally given me a price of $45ea, two months ago, but said he was not going to charge me at all for this batch because he screwed around so long. So I only asked $15 for these to cover any packing and shipping on my part, and I hope everyone loves theirs. I’m not going to be calling this guy back about the rest of them, if he makes them great, if not. Oh well. That’s how pissed he’s gotten me.

But here the funny thing. There’s almost two oz of silver in each key and silver is at about $11 an oz.

Those who have PM’d me are next on the list, should anymore materialize.

DSC03208.JPG

DSC03198.JPG

DSC03209.JPG

DSC03210.JPG

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me guys so I can keep a log.

I'll give the guy a call every now and then, but I'm not promising anything:)

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting lots of pm's

This batch was so small they were gone before I got them. The next round should be $65 ea so the jeweler can make some money, but we'll have to see if he really does make some more.

Andrew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS