3.55 diff questions...

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am about to make the jump to 3.55s and wanted to float out a few questions to those who have already done it...

1. I got a price quote from a Dodge dealership of $1000 to $1100 for the job (parts and labor). Does this sound about right? They have two trained Viper Techs.

2. As I understand it, this will not effect my speedometer reading. Is this correct ('04 SRT10)?

3. I called DC and asked about the impact on warrantee. They said as long as I used Mopar parts and had it done at a Dodge dealership warrantee would not be affected. Can anyone absolutely confirm this?

4. The feedback I have read on this forum so far from people who have gone to 3.55s has been very possitive. Is there anyone who has done this and not been happy with it?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome upgrade, But if you decide later to go supercharged you will want to go back to stock.

I would echo the awesome upgrade part but dispute the need to go back to 3.07 miser gears should you later decide to go Paxton unless you are planning to exceed 700rwhp by a good bit. 3.55's are super for street and will allow for up to 137mph trap in 4th gear should the 1/4 be your thing.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
performance is a no brainer, home run but also when you get stuck in traffic it's alot easier to drive....

Reaction score
Good for heavy traffic. Good for drag racing with slicks.

Slower for drag racing with street tires. Requires going to 4th vs running through the traps in third.

Slower on most road courses.

A placebo performance option in MHO.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if your going to keep your viper low hp then its ok but if your gonna make hi hp via paxton ot turbos you will end up goind back to stock or will be forced to drive around on drag radials all the time to make traction.

vd..

comming from a guy that has had 700+ rwhp and stock gears.