3.55 Rear Gear Installers in Texas

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for the Texas Owners with 3.55...

I was thinking of getting the 3.55 rear gear for my 96 RT/10.

Where are the best place(s) to go to have it installed in Plano/Dallas area or Austin, TX? What is the cost?

What about high flow cats installation and cost?

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks cstegall....

I have heard that Keith is a good Viper Tech.... I was just wondering if there are any other locations in the DFW area that Viper owners have used.

I may be in the Austin area for an extented period of time and could get the mod done there if someone has completed the mod in Austin.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll sell you the whole new 3.55 diff. for $1495 : )

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be in the Austin area for an extented period of time and could get the mod done there if someone has completed the mod in Austin.

go to david weaver in austin, he charges 100 bucks an hour for shop labor, but DOESNT extend the time he works on your car to up his earnings....

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieth Laxson, David Weaver, Bobby Archer..... Now we're just confusing the poor guy! All of these guys are GREAT! I guess it just comes down to who's closer to you. Kieth's labor is only $80/hour, which is pretty good for today's standards.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
80 per hour is good! but not when it takes 10 hours for a header install! i would rather pay 100 at 4 hours, but that is just me.....

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the suggestions. I figure if a current Viper owner have the mod that I want, it would just be a matter of selecting the closest person that I know will do good quality work...

Regarding Davis Weaver, where is he located in Austin, TX is there a phone number?