35K.... What will it get me

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look around 35K will get you the following....

-2003 convertable srt10

-possibly still under warranty till 2011

-30K miles or LESS

-clean title

-0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds

-1/4 mile in 11.8 at 122 mph

-0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds

-445 rwhp sae on a dyno jet

-top speed of 194 mph

-brakes that are simply amazeing

-handling that will go toe to toe with a 2006Z06/porshe 911TT ect.

- car that looks 95% like a 90K 2010 convertable and will look 100% like it with a hood/tire change

No question in my mind what so ever...A motivated seller of a 2003 srt10 for 35K is the best car you can get period for 35K...

You just get so much for 35K..Dont get me wrong..You can get some awesome gen2's for 35K..But you'll be driving 1996 technology in the interior/brakes/handling department...And while the GTs's have a timeless look..It is still never the less the "old" viper style...

A 2003 SRT10 for only 35K looks pretty much exactly like the pictures of Vipers for sale now that you see on the magazine stands ect.

Thats what I would buy with 35K no questions asked

where can I find these ;)

Edit: I started to look around... prices are lower than I thought! choices choices...

Last edited:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II FTW!

A silve w/ blue stripes 1999 GTS was sold for $35k, 15k miles not too long ago in FL and a one owner Yellow 2001 GTS 7k miles sold for $36k in November.

Just keep your eyes open for the deals. You could pick up the GTS drive it for a couple years and sell it for what you paid (IMO) then you can get into an SRT coupe of vert when the prices come down even further.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That black Gen III looks like a good deal. If I wasn't closing on a house in the next few days I would probably pick it up.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With $35K you can easily get a GEN I, or Gen II up to the year 2000. If you look hard enough you can probably get a 2001 RT/10. GTSs tend to be in the mid to high $30s still for a 2001. Best of luck!

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after the short time this post has been up, I have my work cut out for me. Lots more cars in this price range than I ever imagined.

Keep them coming,,,, I am still looking at new/other car vs Viper.

Thanks

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after the short time this post has been up, I have my work cut out for me. Lots more cars in this price range than I ever imagined.

Keep them coming,,,, I am still looking at new/other car vs Viper.

Thanks

Do you have any specific wish list or are you just taking all years and models into consideration. You should probably narrow your search or you will get overwhelmed shortly :crazy2:

:usa:

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any specific wish list or are you just taking all years and models into consideration. You should probably narrow your search or you will get overwhelmed shortly :crazy2:

Overwhelmed was here a few days ago. lol

I guess I should narrow it down to GenII
GTS first choice
R/T second (both tops is a huge plus)
SRT- well if possible, sure would not say no to a deal
Mileage, lower the better.
Black first choice in color (open to other)
No stripes (open to factory type)
NO COGNAC unless the prices of car reflects the cost of changing it out.
Stock or close to stock ( I am a Tech by trade and do my own mods)
If modded, would like paper work showing who did what and at what cost.
The closer to NJ the better. Would like to be able to check it out without have to fly across country if possible.
I don't mind small "faults", wrecks are a no no. (Again, unless the price reflects it)

I can add plenty more to this list, but I will start here.

Thanks

Denny, how about lunch and discussing selling one of the 3 you have? The ACR would be nice.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a slightly smacked in the front got alot of hidden damage 08 on e-bay for 35k i think

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a gts on ebay, buy it now is 33k, red looks nice.No opening bids at 28k.I have seen few at 30 or less,but they seem alittle higher right now.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I may add my .02 cents: Please, for your sake, do not buy from eBay. There are plenty of members here and even on the other site that are selling. For one, these owners/sellers are more trustworthy than anyone on eBay (no matter the positive feedback score). Second these cars are likely to be in better condition.

I bought from a VCA member without sight or sound of the vehicle. Just a fee emails, phone calls, and pictures did it for me and I couldn't have been happier with the deal.

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^I'd have to agree. The reason I seek these forums is to meet people who you can trust... I mean, if they join a forum like this... they must at least give a damn about their cars or love it so much to join.

Ebay would be a good place to check the prices maybe? I don't know if I'd buy from there. I've been eyeing VCA Classifields everyday... lol

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still looking at new/other car vs Viper.
I don't know how much you know about Vipers. Most of us here would take it over almost any other car. However, there may be other factors for you to consider.

If you want an exciting, wild ride you can't beat a viper. If you want to sip a coke while you drive down the freeway you may want a Vette or Stang.

If it's your daily driver and you live in the north east you may be sorry. Slippery conditions are like kryptonite for Vipers.

If you don't like people watching you drive down the street, pull over and watch you go by, run up and take a picture of your car when your in a parking lot or getting gas...... then this is not the car for you.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overwhelmed was here a few days ago. lol

Stock or close to stock ( I am a Tech by trade and do my own mods)
If modded, would like paper work showing who did what and at what cost.
When you think of the extraordinary costs of Viper mods you could be missing out on a huge benefit if you rule out cars with mods. Think about it, you can look at a set of Belanger headers, pull the side sills and see what the exhaust looks like, and BAM right there you saved $4,000. Air box mods/smooth tubes - lots of stuff is either there or it not. Engine mods are harder, but some mods are a true benefit if you know you are going to do them anyway.

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how much you know about Vipers. Most of us here would take it over almost any other car. However, there may be other factors for you to consider.

If you want an exciting, wild ride you can't beat a viper. If you want to sip a coke while you drive down the freeway you may want a Vette or Stang.

If it's your daily driver and you live in the north east you may be sorry. Slippery conditions are like kryptonite for Vipers.

If you don't like people watching you drive down the street, pull over and watch you go by, run up and take a picture of your car when your in a parking lot or getting gas...... then this is not the car for you.

If I was to buy a Viper, it would be a nice day play toy.

If I was to decide to buy another type car, it may be a toy, and may just be my new DD. Like I said, I am shopping around at this time.

Leaning towards a Viper...very much so.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
When you think of the extraordinary costs of Viper mods you could be missing out on a huge benefit if you rule out cars with mods. Think about it, you can look at a set of Belanger headers, pull the side sills and see what the exhaust looks like, and BAM right there you saved $4,000. Air box mods/smooth tubes - lots of stuff is either there or it not. Engine mods are harder, but some mods are a true benefit if you know you are going to do them anyway.

Indeed. I've dumped probably $30,000 in mods/upgrades on my car, of which I'll get maybe $5,000 back on the sale. If you are planning to mod, and the modding has already been done using top shelf parts installed by a competent tuner, you save a pile of cash by buying the modded car versus buying stock and doing it yourself.

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is tough to find a low mile car that hasnt been tracked, wrecked, painted, rebuilt, or just clean in general for 35k. I buy and sell these cars for a living and I am inspecting vipers every week. Let me tell you I probably buy one in 25 cars that I actually inspect in person. Higher miles and abused cars will sell low, but who wants one of those. I have never even tried to mess with a sub par viper. It is not worth it. If you see one that is a fair deal buy it. If you see one that is too good to be true it is!

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quote:"I see... one question though... does the hardtop fit in the trunk or do you leave it in the garage? If so, I'd be hesitant since I won't have a garage..."

This is a toy but you don't have a garage? This is not a car you want to leave outside all the time. This is a special car that deserves to be in a garage.
Get a vette or stang for now until you have a garage for it.

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photog, I know you weren't quoting me. I have a nice garage with lots of room for a Viper and then some.

To all who contacted me, if I have not yet gotten back to you, but I will asap. I am home right now with what looks to be a ruptured disc, so I will have lots of time to do my research. (when the meds don't have me knocked out that is)

Like I said before, I don't need it today.

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look around 35K will get you the following....

-2003 convertable srt10

-possibly still under warranty till 2011

-30K miles or LESS

-clean title

-0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds

-1/4 mile in 11.8 at 122 mph

-0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds

-445 rwhp sae on a dyno jet

-top speed of 194 mph

-brakes that are simply amazeing

-handling that will go toe to toe with a 2006Z06/porshe 911TT ect.

- car that looks 95% like a 90K 2010 convertable and will look 100% like it with a hood/tire change

No question in my mind what so ever...A motivated seller of a 2003 srt10 for 35K is the best car you can get period for 35K...

You just get so much for 35K..Dont get me wrong..You can get some awesome gen2's for 35K..But you'll be driving 1996 technology in the interior/brakes/handling department...And while the GTs's have a timeless look..It is still never the less the "old" viper style...

A 2003 SRT10 for only 35K looks pretty much exactly like the pictures of Vipers for sale now that you see on the magazine stands ect.

Thats what I would buy with 35K no questions asked

+100000 Best response yet.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if you would be interested or not since it is a Gen-3...

In the spring, I will have a 20-30K mile 2004 for sale [unsure on mileage since BCM is not connected], in excellent shape. Has a few extras, Red, Semi-Gloss Black Wheels, new clutch, brakes, tires. Body is very nice, the car has had a frame repair [done by me personally, NO filler, TIG-welded section replaced] Body has never been damaged, and all underbody is undamaged or new.

I would be looking for 35K-ish for it when its all finished... if it stays N/A.

Now, here is the kicker. There is a VERY good chance [like 90%] that it will be Twin Turbo before it is sold, and it will just be left in place. The price will go up a bit, but it would be pretty tough to walk out the door with an 800RWHP Twin Turbo car for under 45K elsewhere.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I may add my .02 cents: Please, for your sake, do not buy from eBay. There are plenty of members here and even on the other site that are selling. For one, these owners/sellers are more trustworthy than anyone on eBay (no matter the positive feedback score). Second these cars are likely to be in better condition.

I bought from a VCA member without sight or sound of the vehicle. Just a fee emails, phone calls, and pictures did it for me and I couldn't have been happier with the deal.

I bought from eBay and this is the best car I've ever purchased used :)

But it may just be the exception rather than the rule.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
somthing ive been thinking for a while now.....

when I had my 99 rt10 I always thought my bubbies also red GTS was so much nicer because of the rear ect. I also thought the SRT10's were so much nicer looking ect.

I always thought my rt10 was the 3 series bmw of the Viper world ( not meaning that in a good way)

The rear at the time just didnt look as nice to me as a GTS or SRT10...

But now years later...I find my self lusting after the rt10 body style over the other two....The wide low rear and out of place hard top might not look any were near as done up as the GTS or SRT10...

BUT MAN DO THE RT10'S LOOK EXOTIC....LOW AND WIDE REAR WITH THE WIDE WINDOW IN THE BACK AND THE TOP THAT LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS ON A SPACE SHIP, MAKE THE RT10'S REALLY STAND OUT..THEN TAKE THE TOP OFF AND YOU GOT A VERY SWEET LOOKING RIDE AND THE BODY SHAPE ALL MAKES SINCE...

Nowadays the rt10 is the one that really dose it for me..Go figure hugh?

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"old Viper style" RULES!

You must be registered for see images attach

I think the newer models look too "normal".

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought from eBay and this is the best car I've ever purchased used :)

But it may just be the exception rather than the rule.

I will have to agree with you. I purchased mine on eBay as well. I am not going to lie, it does require a little more leg work but for the amount of money saved, I would say it was WELL worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala