35K.... What will it get me

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has helped and sent me info about their car.

Right now my purchase is ON HOLD. It looks like I need to go under the knife for my back, and that must come before the car.

When that is done, if I decide to get it done, then I will be looking again. This time with a higher $ limit, maybe even new.

So, thanks again all for your help.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i see where you are going with this. life is short...

Im sure the surgery will go well and you'll be in that viper in no time. Best of luck:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jerome, another month and prices will be lower... it'll work in your favor.

good luck with the back and keep us posted

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i see where you are going with this. life is short...

Im sure the surgery will go well and you'll be in that viper in no time. Best of luck:2tu:

Thanks

All I can do now is wait and see what happens. I am going to do whatever I can to get better and avoid the knife...if possible.

eb911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I am also on the market for a GTS in the 30-35K range

Been the proud owner of a red / silver stripes GTS in 2003 and was waiting for the right time to buy another one. The time has come !

what I am looking for :

GTS
Black, grey, or silver
Preferably from 99 (mainly because of the wheels so a pre-99 with 99-02 wheels is ok)
Black leather
Stock (except bolt on mods such as exhaust, KN)
Mileage : the lower the better
No accident

Feel free to send a PM.

Thanks.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen an 03 Paxton car(seen it with my own eyes) and an 06(this one in the add) for $35K asking price. Both cars were with high Kms on them. Missed them both, they were sold before I could blink. But there are some crazy deals out there.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have to sell the Stealth and another car to come up with the 35K in this market, you may want to count on having less than 35K to spend. It is a buyer's market for those with cash to spend. If you have to sell to buy, not so much.

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have to sell the Stealth and another car to come up with the 35K in this market, you may want to count on having less than 35K to spend. It is a buyer's market for those with cash to spend. If you have to sell to buy, not so much.

I do not need to sell the cars for the $, I need to sell for the ROOM to keep the Viper.

As it still stands per a prior post, my back injury comes first. When that is healed up, if it ever does, then I will look into buying.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you look around 35K will get you the following....

-2003 convertable srt10

-possibly still under warranty till 2011

-30K miles or LESS

-clean title

-0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds

-1/4 mile in 11.8 at 122 mph

-0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds

-445 rwhp sae on a dyno jet

-top speed of 194 mph

-brakes that are simply amazeing

-handling that will go toe to toe with a 2006Z06/porshe 911TT ect.

- car that looks 95% like a 90K 2010 convertable and will look 100% like it with a hood/tire change

No question in my mind what so ever...A motivated seller of a 2003 srt10 for 35K is the best car you can get period for 35K...

You just get so much for 35K..Dont get me wrong..You can get some awesome gen2's for 35K..But you'll be driving 1996 technology in the interior/brakes/handling department...And while the GTs's have a timeless look..It is still never the less the "old" viper style...

A 2003 SRT10 for only 35K looks pretty much exactly like the pictures of Vipers for sale now that you see on the magazine stands ect.

Thats what I would buy with 35K no questions asked

Everything about this post is spot on correct! Also anybody with a viper needs a garage first, if not then build one first. You just can't trust this car out in public every day of the year.

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have garage, need to "remove" atleast one vehicle for the room.

I'm not like the city people who move out here, I keep the cars in the garage and junk in the garbage can. That is how you tell the "city slickers", they have the cars in the driveway and junk stacked up in the garage.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Especially a stealth :(

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look around 35K will get you the following....

-2003 convertable srt10

-possibly still under warranty till 2011

-30K miles or LESS

-clean title

-0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds

-1/4 mile in 11.8 at 122 mph

-0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds

-445 rwhp sae on a dyno jet

-top speed of 194 mph

-brakes that are simply amazeing

-handling that will go toe to toe with a 2006Z06/porshe 911TT ect.

- car that looks 95% like a 90K 2010 convertable and will look 100% like it with a hood/tire change

No question in my mind what so ever...A motivated seller of a 2003 srt10 for 35K is the best car you can get period for 35K...

You just get so much for 35K..Dont get me wrong..You can get some awesome gen2's for 35K..But you'll be driving 1996 technology in the interior/brakes/handling department...And while the GTs's have a timeless look..It is still never the less the "old" viper style...

A 2003 SRT10 for only 35K looks pretty much exactly like the pictures of Vipers for sale now that you see on the magazine stands ect.

Thats what I would buy with 35K no questions asked

Yup, that's what I would do. Heck I might even look at an 08 and deal with the monthly payment. Might even be able to find a new one still on a dealer's lot for low 60s

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala