5" pad vs 6" pad

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I've been studying vidios all winter. I've bought the junkman's kit from Adams. (Got it through Thompson racing... Thanks Eric.) Tonight I watched Junkman's video on pad size and the counter weight. In it he says the Adams pads are 5" pads. What determines that size? These seem to be bigger. If I measure across they are 7". The Adams website only lists 4" pads and 6.75" pads.

My big question is, do I use the 6" counterweight or the 5" counterweight? I guessed 6" until I watched the Junkman video where he talked about the 5" pad and to use the 5" counterweight.

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always used 6 inch pads with whatever counterweight came on my 7434 and my flex and never had a problem. I'm sure someone else will chime in but its always worked for me

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I said was the Adam's pads work on the 5" back plate. When I made that video, the pads that Adam's sold were 5.75 in size. That has since changed. Since those videos were made, the warehouse now configures the PC with the correct back plate and counterweight for the pads that Adam's sell. So what Eric sold you is exactly what you need. You are good to go.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what Eric sold you is exactly what you need. You are good to go.
When eric sent me the PC it had a 5" counterweight installed. It also had a 6" counterweight in the box. So now I'm still at a loss of which to use. I know Eric is out of the country right now or I would just call him.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way that it is set up is perfectly fine. You have a 5" back plate so you want to use a 5" counter-weight. Get started on your car!

I've always used 6 inch pads with whatever counterweight came on my 7434 and my flex and never had a problem. I'm sure someone else will chime in but its always worked for me

This is possible too. It depends on the style and manufacturer of the pad.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The PC should be setup correctly like Junk said. I threw the 6" counter weight in for FREE cause I had a few and in case you ever went with a bigger plate, you'd be set.

I run my PCs with the 5" weight with no problem.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PC should be setup correctly like Junk said. I threw the 6" counter weight in for FREE cause I had a few and in case you ever went with a bigger plate, you'd be set.

I run my PCs with the 5" weight with no problem.

Exactly. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Thanks for the info.

Just got back from a trip myself Eric.

I have a used a couple of the little sample products you sent with my orders and they are great. I'll be contacting you this week to order some of those.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recently bought a kit from adams also, cost a small fortune but it will pay for itself in the long run, this was a good thread with helpful info :)

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Found this thread, I just got my Adams stuff the other day and tonight when I go to start playing with everything I realize that I have the 5" counterweight as well on my new PC 7424xp and the Adams backing plate is 6" (measured them), guess that means I need to buy the 6" weight right unless I'm confused and just misunderstanding everything which is very possible :)?

Last edited:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Found this thread, I just got my Adams stuff the other day and tonight when I go to start playing with everything I realize that I have the 5" counterweight as well on my new PC 7424xp and the Adams backing plate is 6" (measured them), guess that means I need to buy the 6" weight right unless I'm confused and just misunderstanding everything which is very possible :)?

As I confirmed with our phone conversation tonight, your setup is fine the way it is. Buff on grasshopper! :)

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize the PC was so precise you could buff a grasshopper!!!:p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members