5 point harness questions

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Where to get the ACR type that came factory

2) Do they have to be Viper specific to work?

I'm doing more and more road racing and find the harness works a little bit better than the lap belt!

Thanks,
Steve

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR (gen 2) belts had a re-call and are over priced anyway. Go with 6 point as they are safer and some events require 6 point over 5. Look at Snake Oyl where I got mine. They even come with the Viper logo on the cam lock. Replace every two years if you compete. I also highly recommend racing seats over oem (for the track) as you will stay in one spot instead of sliding all around.

belair1957

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're not tied to the Viper brand, Summit Racing has good prices and a variety of styles.

I'd like to thank the people who wrote up the installation directions for the Illustrated Upgrade. I've saved at least $300 this summer using information from that section and other parts of the forum.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Where to get the ACR type that came factory

2) Do they have to be Viper specific to work?

I'm doing more and more road racing and find the harness works a little bit better than the lap belt!

Thanks,
Steve

Get a set of Teamtechs from JonB, get belts for both sides, it takes 4-6 hours to install. The most difficult part is cutting the plastic bulkhead for the shoulder belts. There is a template available, Janni used to have it.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TeamTech 6-point from JonB and an Ultrashield racing seat from saferacer.com. After doing a bunch of research, I settled on that combo. It was about the lowest cost option, while still having great quality.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
album.php

In my opinion, the 5-point system is the best, with the through the seat crotch belt. I have a writeup if interested. This system will hold you much better than a 6 point and will prevent sliding under the belt in an impact.
Jerry
album.php

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a set of Teamtechs from JonB, get belts for both sides, it takes 4-6 hours to install. The most difficult part is cutting the plastic bulkhead for the shoulder belts. There is a template available, Janni used to have it.

I have the Teamtechs from JonB. They are very nice and well worth the money.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TeamTech 6-point from JonB and an Ultrashield racing seat from saferacer.com. After doing a bunch of research, I settled on that combo. It was about the lowest cost option, while still having great quality.

Sorry I my expert opinion 6 points **** the big one. Forget about cost when considering safety, 5 points are much better.

Signed,

3,000+ road course laps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960