6.30 @ 118 in the 1/8th mile

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy crap, that is insane, what does it do in the 1/4 :eek: And btw what do you run in the 1/4?? I still think that race should have been alot closer than that :confused: :confused: :confused:

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I have never taken the car down the track. I have no idea what it runs. According to J. Hennesse..... With my mods and bottle pressure I would trap low 140's. That race was the first race I have ever lost to a bike. Honestly, these guys were ringers, they are regular drag racers and one guy only weighed about 140. I am not trying to make excuses. They came, they were ready to race, and they spanked my butt. All in all, it was a fun race.

The Stroker goes in next week or the the week after. I will then go give them another run.

Regards,

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did those bikes run in the 1/4? Those sound like correct times for the 1/8. On the busa board stock they are running 110 to about 117mph in the 1/8

Gerald

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were not ringers. Just because a guy doesn't weigh much and is an experienced racer does not make him a ringer. The bikes were "almost" stock. Martin didn't complain, but some were calling b.s. because they were lowered and had the mirrors removed...woohoo!! The Busa also had a pipe but was still slower than the GXSR1000. Martin, you may or may not know but Roy was the one that had been harrassing these bikers for about a year. They finally had enough and told him to set it up. It's funny that he is a RX-7 and Supra guy but the fastest thing he could come up with was a Viper :) Just didn't want you to think these were bikers that just trolled for cars. Those 1/8 mile times are normal for these type bikes with a good rider.....that is why it will take a reeeeeaaaal strong car to outrun them.

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend and I have been going to the drags for a few weeks now, I take my roadster and he takes his Busa. It has only an exhaust on it and the bypass chip for eliminating top end. On very humid nights and a tacky track he consistently traps 10.2 @136. There are a few other bikes there in the same range. One regular has a stretched Busa with a punched motor that is rining off 9.5s @ 141. Fast, fast bikes.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trbulnc, exactly. Some find it so hard to beleive that a 'busa can loose on the street when the majority of them trap 137 to about 140 at the street........ That's fast, but it's not unreachable for a street car..:) :)

Gerald

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah....Tony. I meant Ringers in the sense that they were experienced racers that came well prepared. Where they got me each time was from the start. They would instantley jump 1 car on me and them a second car by the end of 3rd gear.

Gerald, I asked specifically for quarter mile times from them...they gave me back 1/8 mile. So, either they don't know their times/mph or are not saying.

Finally, I am sure that our trap speeds would be similar. By the time I was in 4th gear, they were no longer pulling on me... They were just ahead. So, I would venture to guess, the the bikes would be quicker than my setup, but not be at a greater velocity at a given point on the road.

I need Kumho's for traction, the top on, no passenger, and that would make a better race. I was spinning a ton in 3rd. In fact the whole gear I spun the wheels.

Believe me, it kills me that I let the Viper community down. I totally expected a different outcome.

Regards,

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastest 1/8 I have ever seen was a VW powered dragster ( top fuel style I think - non funny car ) run a 4.6 ( maybe .1 or .2 faster ) or something along those lines.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont sweat it Martin, you didnt let us down. I will get revenge for you, this I promiss ;)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, no sweat my brother! I think what happened was you probably didn't start in the correct powerband or RPM / burst of Nitrous? If your car makes that power, you should beat them next run.... I know you can do it! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte