6'3" in a gts is tight gen 2

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of lowering kit would help. Actually its my left knee that is against the dash. Any suggestions for more room lengthwise.
Thanks

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The problem with just going by your height is that there can be so much variation with ones torso/leg length, etc. In most cases a 1 inch lowering kit would probably work , but what is your inseam?

For now, push the seat all the way back, then once it is there move it up one notch and angle the seat back -- that may give you more room for the upper portion of your body.

Feel free to call Mark Jorgensen for advice on the the kit, he may even have one in stock.
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem with just going by your height is that there can be so much variation with ones torso/leg length, etc. In most cases a 1 inch lowering kit would probably work , but what is your inseam?

For now, push the seat all the way back, then once it is there move it up one notch and angle the seat back -- that may give you more room for the upper portion of your body.

Feel free to call Mark Jorgensen for advice on the the kit, he may even have one in stock.
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864

Thanks Bill, trying to cover all the bases before i buy. No problem with head room.I couldnt even consider the r/t, but then again it was gonna be GTS all the way, or ACR.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
World's Strongest Police Officer Derek Poundstone fits into a GenIII (which I feel is more cramped than a GenII). I'll find out how Derek does it.

You must be registered for see images attach

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
World's Strongest Police Officer Derek Poundstone fits into a GenIII (which I feel is more cramped than a GenII). I'll find out how Derek does it.

You must be registered for see images attach

holy crap, his arm is the size of my leg...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'-3 and.currently 278lbs. The one inch seat lowering kit is fine for me.

Sunrakat is 6'-5 and about 300lbs and fits in his with a 2" lowering kit IIRC.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the GenIII because I fit in it much better that a GenII. I had a chance to get a Gen II silver blue stripe ACR, but had to pass. I would have been able to take short trips around town, but there was no way it was going to work for extended periods of time. I am 6ft 4 with long legs. Head room was no prob in the Gen II. Lowering the seat will only compound your leg room issues. FYI I sat in a genIV ACR with the seat lowered 2 inches and again had leg room problems. As Bill said,its all in your inseam.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 2s also have adjustable pedals. Move the pedals forward and the seat back. The seat lowering kit will stop the seat from going back all the way and lower your head height. Unless you're 7' tall seat back and pedal forward should handle super long legs. Most guys sit too tall and want to lower our asses (and eyeballs) for a better view out the windscreen. sounds like you didn't get the seat back all the way. At full back I doubt I could reach the pedals.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once asked Retired OH VCA president Terry ( like 6' 8" give or take an inch) how he fits, and his answer? How badly do you want to drive it? :lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also built my own and wrote an Illustrated Upgrade on it. I removed about 1 1/4" From the track and showed a pic of how to weld the nuts directly to the upper frame for another 3/4" drop.

Ted

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'7" tall 280 lbs with 36 inch inseam and I've used a 2 inch seat lowering kit in my Gen 1,2 and 3 and it has definitely worked for me.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 6'7" tall 280 lbs with 36 inch inseam and I've used a 2 inch seat lowering kit in my Gen 1,2 and 3 and it has definitely worked for me.

I cannot imagine fitting in a gen 1 viper at 6'7" tall. My hat is off to you. I sat in the r/t and i felt like a giraffe in a 4 foot pool. LOL there was no way. And im in good shape.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'5", 255 lbs here. I had a 2" lowering kit in mine and it was the best mod I could do to the car. That and pulling the sun-visor off (2 screws) made a world of difference in both knee clearance at the headlight bezel and in the headroom. It's not easy to put in, but not hard either. It's fully reversable though, which is important....it's a pure bolt on change.

The down side is that you lose the fore-aft adjustability of the seat, so if someone shorter ever wants to drive your car, they won't be able to. (or is that a good thing ;) )

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on gen2, under the dash near the AC port, there is a plastic nut you can turn and it lowers and raises the pedals

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my GenII, I tried them all. I took the stock OEM seat brackets and drilled out the mounting holes so I could mount the seat 1/2 - 3/4" more to the back. That gave me 1/2-3/4" clearance between my knee and the knee bolster.

I made my own 2" seat brackets, work great but I feel like I'm sitting a little too low but it's a keeper.

I tried RTTed's OEM bracket modification and it's a great idea. Only problem is that it caused my seat to be mounted a little more forward causing my knee to hit the bolster again. Shouldn't be a problem for folks with stubby legs.

- Tony

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the rear modification to the track

You must be registered for see images

The modification doesn't interfere with the track part of the seat bracket as can be seen in this pic.

I think that the losing rear adjustment must be the carpet of the seat itself hitting the body/floor of the car.

If the interference is the carpet then grinding/scraping/melting the carpet may get the rear seat movement back. Another option would be cutting and re-welding the upper seat track bolts direct (without the spacers) and shortening the bolts.

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What kind of lowering kit would help. Actually its my left knee that is against the dash. Any suggestions for more room lengthwise.
Thanks

2'' down will take your kneecap off the lite switch. But you can no longer move your seat fore-aft. If you can live with that, on sale, in stock, cheep. Some newbees dont know the seat has a RECLINE tab...really! You know?

HINT: Also remove your sunvisor, the 'wide open' feeling is amazing, takes 2 minutes, and its FREE!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte