65 rwhp from only filters and exhaust.......

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, at least thats what they are claiming...

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/PruvenViper.htm

and for those that are too lazy to click the link, an unknown to me performance shop is claiming that a 99 viper that made 396 rwhp at the wheels stock, is now making 461 rwhp with only their side exit exhaust system and k&n filters...

what do you think about it?

Eddie

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EddieN, that guy is FULL OF SHILT PERIOD. Heads and cam combo in most cases are only slightly more rwhp. If i was you i would ask him for some of what he is smoking. My car which runs good as headers, B&B 3" exhaust, k&n filters, Sean Roe Vec1 it makes 441rwhp and 487rwtq. That seems about the same as most, there is higher and lower but not by that much. THE MAN IS A DREAMER!!!!!!!

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you own a dyno, you can dyno as many times as you want until you get the desired result. This is very stupid marketing as it is setting an unrealistic expectation for the customer. There is no way a customer car will dyno those numbers at another shop.

S

sachin

I know that it probably sounds like bs but these guys are pretty good. Have a daily driven low 10 second talon and stuff. I guess the only way to know if what they are selling is true is to call them up :)

S

sachin

someone call them up and ask them how in the world they got 65RWHp! Maybe they had some extremely custom header/exhaust combo with no cats and some secret Intake system. And most likely they had really dirty filters when dynoing stock.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In these days with such easy access to Dyno's its harder to make unfounded claims.

I'm inclined to agree that its unlikely they're getting that type of power with those mods.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
65RWHP? what is that at the crank, like 75rwhp?? lol!
maybe with a little tweaking they can get 100 RWHP with better filters or tubes..? :laugh:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, at least thats what they are claiming...

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/PruvenViper.htm

and for those that are too lazy to click the link, an unknown to me performance shop is claiming that a 99 viper that made 396 rwhp at the wheels stock, is now making 461 rwhp with only their side exit exhaust system and k&n filters...

what do you think about it?

Eddie

I got 55 RWHP from Headers, no cats and the addition of K&N's on my 1996 GTS. I do not think the 1999 cars gained this much w/filters and + side exit and NO headers. Maybe they could have gotten close. They could also have dynoed the car @ heat soak to come up with the 396 RWHP.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you guys check out their Lancer EVO pictures?!? http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/evotimeslip2.JPG

Here's the other summary in case you're too lazy to click the link. They claim they have the first 12 second EVO in the States. They ran a 12.793 with a 1.374 reaction time and a 1.876 60' time. They also ran a 12.595 with a .999 reaction time and 1.728 60'. With reaction times like those, I'm sure they're are some companies/owners that can run the EVOs in 11s.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I get bombed, they also added an "intercooler and minor mods" to make 75+ HP over the stock 223 HP. They then ran the 12 sec timeslips.

S

sachin

Ummm reaction times have nothing to do with the 1/4 mile time. They were the first in the 12's with an evo. There is a local tuner in Canada (they have the only evo in canada) with a turbo back exhaust, boost controller and fuel controller it went 12.5@107. That was on 92 octane, full weight incl spare and jack. Pruven performance has "Pruven" themselves in the import world. But to claim 65rwhp is a bit crazy