650-hp Viper in 07

Blazin' Blue Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autoweek is reporting that the may be a 650hp viper tuned by McLaren available next year. That is just the type of thing that the Viper name needs to get it back ahead of the pack. The Z06 and GT40 have had their time in the sun, it's time for the car company that really is responsible for the rebirth of AMERICAN MUSCLE to start kicking A$$ again. I wonder if DMC can keep it reasonably affordable?

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoweek is reporting that the may be a 650hp viper tuned by McLaren available next year. That is just the type of thing that the Viper name needs to get it back ahead of the pack. The Z06 and GT40 have had their time in the sun, it's time for the car company that really is responsible for the rebirth of AMERICAN MUSCLE to start kicking A$$ again. I wonder if DMC can keep it reasonably affordable?

There will be no 07 model, that is the 08

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
100k is that all? I guess we need to throw out those 30-50k people out of club.They will degrade our club.

Hell that's the large majority of GI and Gen II owners! :eek:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope they do because the "Blue Devil" 650hp Vette is a go and now that the Ford GT is no longer in production they are building the Shelby GR-1 600hp+ V10. I think team Viper woke up the other two sleeping giants. Competition is a GREAT thing, I'm just glad American cars are once again a contender. :cool:

2005 Ford Shelby GR1 Concept with Aluminum Body

You must be registered for see images attach

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told the Viper you're talking about will have a V-10 Hemi with 680hp. That's supposed to be in the plans, time will tell.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the Viper you're talking about will have a V-10 Hemi with 680hp. That's supposed to be in the plans, time will tell.

I though one of the guys "in the know" here sqaushed that rumor saying it will be too costly to re-certify a new engine so soon after the Gen III? I thought rather it will be an enhanced Gen III engine thus not having to put out cost for R&D?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately shelbys GR-1 will not see production. i wish it would because its the best looking front engine car i have ever seen in my life.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I though one of the guys "in the know" here sqaushed that rumor saying it will be too costly to re-certify a new engine so soon after the Gen III? I thought rather it will be an enhanced Gen III engine thus not having to put out cost for R&D?

Ah, but for '07 (and beyond) DC *does* have to modify the motor because the current motor does not meet '07 emission requirements....so, the game is on.

-J

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like where your head ia at:)
What ever DC has up it's sleave, it sounds bads a**.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ah, but for '07 (and beyond) DC *does* have to modify the motor because the current motor does not meet '07 emission requirements....so, the game is on.

-J

Correct. We have gone this long without any improvements to the 8.3L because they knew that it would not meet emissions requirements. There were not enough funds to allow for both improvements to the 8.3, and the required re-cert, plus development of a new engine (the 8.4L that everyone is talking about making 650HP). Thus, they chose to leave the 8.3 as is and intro the new engine for the new emissions requirements.