700 Hp Viper in 2013...see article below..

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No turn of events, just a regurgitation of OLD news from almost a year ago, blogged on a slow news day

These guys are the same blog who say Dodge is racing at LeMans next year....and Motorsports says NOT TRUE !

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now here's a thought to fill your dreams.....

........ready?

GEN V ACR! :headbang:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if the Drag Pack Challenger is at 800 with no computer assisted devices. Yes it does run on race fuel, but 700 should be obtainable.

Bruce

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised to see anything over 640 hp for the GenV.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised to see anything over 640 hp for the GenV.

I'm betting 650-675 but with posher interior and Euro style exterior.
But even at that it won't be faster than Gen 4 ACR without any aero.
But if there is a Gen 5 ACR.....look out....

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm betting 650-675 but with posher interior and Euro style exterior.
But even at that it won't be faster than Gen 4 ACR without any aero.
But if there is a Gen 5 ACR.....look out....

If I remember correctly, 700 is the number they're shooting for... can't rember where i read it though. i read too many articals on the viper to keep them straight

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette ZR1 has 638 HP. The soon to be released Camero ZL1 is going to have 570 HP. Rumors are that there will be a supercharger option ( sometime in the future but probably moved up due to the ZL1 release) for one or more of the SRT8 models which will allow 570 HP to match the ZL1. I would guess they will pick the Challenger for the application since it in the same category as the Camero. Based on these assumptions/guesses, it seems logical to assume that the SRT engineering magic will be used to produce a 700 HP Gen V and move the bar up in a manner reminiscent of the days when the Viper was the undisputed HP king of its class. The technology is there. It is less expensive than it used to be. I would also guess that certain types of engine development costs are now spread among other production units like Ferrari and Alfa. The fact that they are using the Viper undercarriage and power train in one of the new Alfas was a "tell" that certain developments and perhaps their costs are being shared.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell with an 8.4L they should be closer to 800hp if they wanted to string it out. 700 is deft within range!