702/667 Thank you PBJ and Sean Roe

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Joe Donovan of Performance by Joe (PBJ) for all his time and effort transforming my 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 into a road coarse and drag racing beast.

The truck was lowered an inch in the front and 2 inches in the rear. QA1 8-way adjustable shocks were also added to increase the weight transfer to the rear when drag racing and another set of settings for regular driving and road racing.

The best part of my trip was the tune through the VEC3 software. Baseline numbers before any mods were made include 629 rwhp and 640 rwtq. Through Joe's knowledge and expertise with the VEC he was able to safely increase the numbers to 672 rwhp and 660 rwtq. He was also able to tune the motor so my horsepower curve continues to increase through 6000 rpm...not drop off like the tune from the previous "tuner". This "tuner" also put it stock plugs for whatever reason so we changed those to the correct ones for a forced induction application.

With the addition of a 50/50 mix of water and methanol my numbers increased to 702 rwhp and 667 rwtq on a safe a/f ratio. Again, no power dropoff whatsoever through 6000 rpms. This is with 91 octane and 8psi of boost from the stock Paxton system. I'm also running the stock Paxton heat exchanger and another larger heat exchanger from an SRT Ram vendor.

I am running Diamond pistons on an otherwise stock (internally) '03 motor.

I want to thank Sean Roe for his assistance in helping Joe sort out my tuning possibilities through the combination of a DC Performance computer flash and the Paxton FMU and fuel delivery system. Things werent looking good initially with this combo but Joe and Sean came though big time.

We are currently tweaking the tune for elevations of 5500 feet and greater (Bandimere Speedway in Denver) to get the most, safe power and performance out of the truck.

Thanks again Joe and Sean. I'm sure I've forgotten a few things but thats the brunt of it.

I could add how busy Joe is from sunrise to midnight working on cars (and my truck). Unless you're at his shop personally you wouldnt understand all the distractions he runs into while also trying to perform jobs his customers ask for. He is one of if not the best at what he does!!!!

Last edited:

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers Dave T! I talked with Joe last week and he told me he was hard at work on your truck. I agree with you, if you spend any time with Joe in his shop, you will see just how hard he works. I am hoping to hear some numbers from my red Gen 1 very soon, which just happens to be in the hands of the master down there in St Louis!

Congrats again

marty b

OP
OP
D

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty, I broke 4 or 5 bones on 2 fingers trying to move your car thursday night. We were trying to roll it back off the lift to do my alignment. My fingers got caught behind the front wheel and the brakes :(

Stupid thing on my part, I wasnt thinking...obviously.

Hope you get your car back soon!!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, sorry to hear that Dave. I will buy you a few cold beverages if I ever meet you at Joes. I can't wait to hear my car, and find out the numbers. I am imagining what that cam is going to sound like with sidepipes!

Enjoy your truck!

OP
OP
D

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on your car dave!

does this mean he is getting caught back up?

I really couldnt tell ya. All I know is in between the phone calls, customers coming in and out, and the fedex/ups and special vendors that stop by througout the day its no wonder he works til the very late hours of the night.

Joe is one of those guys who works fast but in a meticulous (sp) way where it has to be just right before he moves on to the next part of the project. He doesnt send the car/truck back to the customer until he's satisfied with its appearance and results. This is a good thing!! I was in his shop with him from opening til 1230 am the next morning hoping to learn more about my truck and all the components that were changed.

All I can say is in the future I will only go to Joe for anything I want done on the truck. It may take a little longer but I know that when its done its done right...its worth the extra time to me.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big,

I may just drive my car home. I am traveling to St Louis and KC alot in the next month or so for work, so I may just swing by Joe's and pick it up, it all depends on how the scheduling works out. I am from the western suburbs of Chicago.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big,

I may just drive my car home. I am traveling to St Louis and KC alot in the next month or so for work, so I may just swing by Joe's and pick it up, it all depends on how the scheduling works out. I am from the western suburbs of Chicago.

thanks. months ago joe said he was going to deliver a car to chi town, then on the way back pick mine up. i am still trying to figure out who this person may be. was hoping it was YOU! oh well, glad to hear you are almost done! hope to see you next month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21