$78.35 for one stock air filter????

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I'd replace my air filters on my stock 2006 VOI9 viper since it has 8700 miles on it and probably the original air filters. I called my local dealer & he want $78.35 per filter. So that's $156.70 for the two plus tax!!!! That's outrageous! Anyway, I don't want to go the route of K&N's or any filter that would inject oil from the filter into the intake. Does anyone have an alternative?
My son has an AEM air filter on his Supra that's washable but doesn't need to be sprayed with oil. I called AEM and they don't make one per say for the viper but if I give the measurements maybe they can hook me up. I don't really feel like I'm in the experimental mood. Can any one maybe get the stock ones cheaper? And where? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dealer wants so much money because noone has ever purchased replacement stockers before......Buy the stockers from someone who put the K/Ns on their car.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just get the Green filters from Parts Rack. There about $150 and flow alot better, plus the are washable. They are oiled, but you wont have any problems.

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, what you guys fail to understand is this. Every car I ever had, from Trans Ams to Corvettes to Grand Nationals I have molested for higher horse power. I couldn't let them alone & just enjoy them. It was like a sickness. The last one , a 1996 GTS Twin Turbo Hennessey car spent more down time than driving time. (That's why the old screen name, I didn't come up with a new one for my VOI9 car yet.) And even on this stock car I thought what harm can come from a HID kit for fog lights??? Well, sure enough I installed them and got the brake light coming on abs light staying on. Turns out I had a ballast mounted (per instructions) to the ABS module which was "disturbed" by the ballast. So I moved the ballast away and walla! No more lights staying on. So you see, I kind of swore to myself I will not mod this car in any way... NO matter how great the temptation is!! So even down to the air filters I want to keep stock. Been there done that with all the mods and driving a 1000 HP viper. Now I just turn the key and it starts every time. No more oil stick smelling like gas, no more extremely hot cabin, etc, etc, etc. Just a great looking car and cruiser. And 505 HP is plenty enough to have fun with. I don't need to coat the inside of my intake with oil just to get a few more horses.

Thanks for all the replys and hope this don't come off sounding cocky and I know I use to call the "stockers" a bunch of spanks for not modding their cars. But they got to enjoy their cars alot more than I did when mine was down for repairs.

Maybe I'll start a SPANK club for all us stockers. LOL :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4