9.0 @ 166mph.......6speed, boost only...egads

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read on Fightclub Alley.com that a 6 speed Bumblebee just ran 9.0 @ 166mph on the shakedown run.... :eek: Pegged the dyno at 1200x1200...Oh Jezuz look at this dyno sheet...c16 and boost at around 15-16psi...

You must be registered for see images

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is Chads car built by Heffner.

Still a 6 speed. Went 9.07 @ 146.76mph. That is only it's second pass with this combination. They have an 8 second pass in it. 1.48 60' time.

That dyno was pinned at its limit !!!
Just plain SICK !!!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean 166.76 MPH?!?!?!?

That is Chads car built by Heffner.

Still a 6 speed. Went 9.07 @ 146.76mph. That is only it's second pass with this combination. They have an 8 second pass in it. 1.48 60' time.

That dyno was pinned at its limit !!!
Just plain SICK !!!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I don't get over here as much as I used to but thought I would come post for Heffner's sake.

First of all, it is all true. I flew up to NJ to meet Jason and get a couple passes in the car before Bradenton. I was blown away by the power and control of the Heffner TT. On the second pass it ran the 9.07 at 166 and change.

This is the quickest boost only car, quickest six-speed car and the fastest mph of any Viper. And there is more in store for Bradenton. Come watch us run against the automatic cars and slaughter the Unlimited class!

Thanks again Jason for the ultimate Viper.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good God, Man. That's impressive to say the least.

It's a sad day when my Heffner SC car only makes 1/2 the power of yours......

Congrats!

Ben

:2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That has to be close to the 6 speed record...... soon hopefully the Viper will own that record.

Way to go Chad!

Cudaman :usa:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad....why didn't you spend the extra dough and get the 8 second TT package. :laugh:

can't wait to see the car in FL.

John

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fantastic results - way to get the job done - BTW excellent decision on the tuner - Looking forward to the numbers from Bradenton as this will make it more official

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

If you want a proven performer and professional service, Heffner is your man.

Thanks again Jason. It is still sinking in exactly what we accomplished yesterday!

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Chad and Jason, way to go. Too bad you didn't do this a month ago then we would have seen all the ulimited boyz pouring money into their cars to try and compete. Congradulations.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That just makes me dizzy even thinking about it!
:eek: :headbang: :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That about says it all. I posted on the local Tampa board to let the kids know they'll be able to see several 9-second Vipers in a couple weeks.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the HP levels Turbo's are now producing, at very little compromise in driveability (if any). Huge difference from the Turbo cars I drove in the 80 - early 90's. They were like an on/off switch.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Chad and Jason - this is not just breaking the record - it SMASHED IT.

Outside Chads TT car - the fastest boosted Viper was Dr Roofs that had run a 9.63 at 151mph. Albert and Rohn's Nitrous Viper held the all time 6 speed record for a Viper in the 9.4's - a feat noone was equalled for years.

By adding nitrous to boost - a venom 1000TT went 156mph.

This car on its second pass runs 9.07 @ 166mph - adding 15mph to the all time Viper record, and 19mph to the boost and nitrous AUTO Viper that went 8.93. Chad will no doubt beat that with a T-56 given another clean run on a prepped track...

Then - if Chad ever runs a Holinger in that beast - look for a 6 speed Viper to make the autos redundant. You do not see any Pro Stock auto cars :D autos are the easy way out, it takes skill to go quick on a stick shift whatever the breed :p

Go Chad and Jason :headbang:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Look for eights in Bradenton. And the last two records worth breaking, the quickest V-10 Viper and the quickest six-speed car with IRS.

Chad

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's current. pdq = pretty damn quick ;)

Chad remember where you are .....

it is "pretty darn quick" here and over there it is........OOOOOh it could be said differently. :D

Cudaman :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather