9.0 @ 166mph.......6speed, boost only...egads

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic from the alley of that animal launching. :eek: :eek:

You must be registered for see images

Is there a way to make the exhaust note of a turbo car sound more like a blower car? :usa: :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic from the alley of that animal launching. :eek: :eek:

You must be registered for see images

Is there a way to make the exhaust note of a turbo car sound more like a blower car? :usa: :usa:

I think they sell something on Ebay that will make it sound like a blower! It's cheap too! :p

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To a point yes. In fact you can make them even more aggressive sounding than a SC car by plumbing the wastegate directly out and by-passing the exhaust system and mufflers etc.... you then get a Jeckyl and Hyde effect between off boost and when the wastegates open and the engine just ROARS... but not very stealthy around the streets!

Running headers with collectors like Paolo or like the SVS RSTT will also make for a more dramatic sound... but even using other exhaust header designs like in Chads car - running a straight pipe livens them up (no cat no muffler) and is still streetable because turbos act like a muffler anyway.

Ask Chad - I don't think his car sounds bad at all, I'm sure he'll agree :2tu:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't even hear the car on the track with a helmet on. Thank god for that shift light!

I'm sure you can make them loud if you want but I've had enough tickets to be over the excitement of loud. Even short distances get tiring with the constant noise.

The most important noise is the noise the car elicits from the crowd after a mind-blowing beat down of the "fast" car next to me. :D

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't even hear the car on the track with a helmet on. Thank god for that shift light!

I'm sure you can make them loud if you want but I've had enough tickets to be over the excitement of loud. Even short distances get tiring with the constant noise.

The most important noise is the noise the car elicits from the crowd after a mind-blowing beat down of the "fast" car next to me. :D

Yeah, the poor guy next to you that ran a 10.2x thought he was going to put a SmackDown on you! :p

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, now it's time to go out and beat that Bronze colored Titan Supra which so horribly spanked that other bumblebee :D :2tu:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm over at the Supra site now. Cool guys that have years on the Vipers in drag racing. I'm sure we will be lining up against some of their more capable cars at TX2k5 if not sooner.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for the blower vs. turbo thing that has been going on for a while.. Turbos RULE!

V10Ace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's the video you told us you'd have by Tuesday? TODAY!! I want to see it!! :D :headbang:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te