$90k RT/10???

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are people who think a 92' is gold. And at one point it was, and might be again someday. But I know for a fact, several low mileage examples of these cars, have changed hands over the past few years. Im talking 1000 miles and UNDER, low mileage. And it wasnt anywere near that figure. about half, maybe more than half
they are stuck in the same ditch the earlier ZR-1's seem to be stuck in. Too old to be in demand, too young to be a classic. And just look "dated"..

but I believe both cars (C4 ZR-1's and early vipers) will be highly desired at some point.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth 90...but I've seen a gentle rise in early car prices since I bought my '96 RT. As one that prefers the early cars over the other generations (have a 00 GTS too)...I still think the '92s have a bit of a dilemma in going to huge money. With minor differences, they look just like a '94 which was a high production year...and you could get A/C. I saw lots of gen 1 cars with very low mileage...and most didn't have A/C.

For a collector that just wants to put it away...a 92 might be the right car. However, if you might want to actually drive the car a bit...the A/C is a very nice thing to have. So, you buy a 94 that looks the same, drives the same....for a lot less.

I'd disagree that the gen 1s look dated. I guess the 3 spoke wheels don't help...but I think the design is perfect. For the record, at least here in PA, once a car is 15 years old ...it can get classic plates. 25 for antique. We're not far away for antique status on a 1992...they are 20 years old already.

Looking at the Craigslist posting, very little info is there. In the one pic, it looks like they added A/C...which might be nice for driving....but not sure what it would mean for future value. Maybe it'll show up at Carlisle?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows? My sense of it is that unless it were a single digit production number (like 2 or 3) it wouldn't have the cache of "the first Viper" and wouldn't draw huge historical-significance-money. Nice car, but I'd be surprised if a collector would meet hat price....especially since its not original (A/C). Hope I'm wrong.....

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one on ebay with just over 2k miles going for $35000 from original owner. Problem with the 92 Viper is they made it for 10 years with the exact body only adding mods to it as they went, that wasn't the case with other collectors from the past. Nothing special other than 1st year...as others said maybe one day (20 years from now)...

OP
OP
C

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who knows? My sense of it is that unless it were a single digit production number (like 2 or 3) it wouldn't have the cache of "the first Viper" and wouldn't draw huge historical-significance-money. Nice car, but I'd be surprised if a collector would meet hat price....especially since its not original (A/C). Hope I'm wrong.....

That is what I was thinking... Number 108 doesn't seem special enough to bring 3-4 times what RT10s are going for.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there are people who think a 92' is gold. And at one point it was, and might be again someday. But I know for a fact, several low mileage examples of these cars, have changed hands over the past few years. Im talking 1000 miles and UNDER, low mileage. And it wasnt anywere near that figure. about half, maybe more than half
they are stuck in the same ditch the earlier ZR-1's seem to be stuck in. Too old to be in demand, too young to be a classic. And just look "dated"..

but I believe both cars (C4 ZR-1's and early vipers) will be highly desired at some point.

Looks dated my ass!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery