94 hood creep up.....

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first question would be "Are you sure both latches (L&R) are securely latching?"

If not, that would explain it.

You should hear and feel the latches on both sides click as they latch and you shouldn't be able to lift the hood in the headlight area.
BURNOUT.gif

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might also want to check and make sure that both hood latch strickers ( U-shaped piece under the hood)have the two bolts that hold them on are in place. It happened to myself where you would hear it latch then the hood would work up. It turned out that I was missing one of the bolts.

Jason

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little trick the guy at CAAP showed me. If your saying he pushed up on the inner fender maybe he expanded it and raised it slightly and it is now putting upward pressure on the hood. I happened to me where the gap at the headlight was too big, I adjusted mine by loosening the two plastic nuts that hold the two inner panels together and pushing down on the black plastic fender shell. You will see it move down as an assembly as the two pieces slide together (there is a slot in there), then tighten it back up.

Not sure that what your talking about, hope it helps.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same type of thing happened to me when I first got my 94.
One side of hood was higher, so I lowered that latch....still no help, then I gave up and raised the latch back up out of desparation (actually more than I meant to) and then it latched ....Go figure...
Cheers,

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,

Another thing to look for is that the rubber bumper is not set to high. Your hood should not rest tight against the bumper is should float just a little above it so that it can move a little. This can help it not to develop cracks. The rubber bumper can also keep it from latching if it is set higher than the latch.

Dave

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I just haven't taken a good pic of my 2001 yet. I was thinking of keeping the old avatar anyway. Kind of a keepsake from the original SEASNAKE. Those stripes still look awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte