94 rt/10 trans fluid

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok so i have done the search and come up with the Castrol Syntorque (sp) or Dextron 3 ATF. Now what is everyone using and what is the best to use? Thanks for the help

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
75-140W. Most use Mopar($24 a bottle), but I would guess any synthetic would work fine. You wil need to get a 4 OZ. bottle of Friction Modifyer from Dodge though.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the Spring 08' issue of Viper magazine, you should use ATF +4 (full synthetic) Dodge part # 05013457AA. 4 quarts (3.8L). If you are having any neutral gear rattle, use Mopar Synthetic Manual Transmission Lubricant, Dodge part # 04874459. Do not mix gear oil with ATF.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Chad is correct...many dealers no longer have Mopar Dexron III...and, as noted, in the Viper Mag it says that ATF+4 is the official replacement.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please shine some light on this? I was thinking of replacing a transmission fluid because my trany is acting up lately. My reverse gear would not stay in half the time and would pop-out and make a grinding noise. I noticed on the recent bill from the dealer that they filled up my transmission with DEXRON VI. Just wondering if that fluid is OK, or it could be the cause of such problem.