'96 CS Edition

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's interesting is that the ad claims that these RT/10's were equipped with the GTS frame and engine. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm no Gen I expert, but that engine does not look like a Gen II engine. Makes me wonder about the Chassis info as well. Any real Shelby experts here?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's interesting is that the ad claims that these RT/10's were equipped with the GTS frame and engine. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm no Gen I expert, but that engine does not look like a Gen II engine. Makes me wonder about the Chassis info as well. Any real Shelby experts here?

I had posted earlier asking about the car....good question....

Herman Buehrle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned #15 for a while. Note from the pictures the actual lack of air bag on the steering wheel and the glove box door . The 1996 roadster was a "transition" from Gen I to Gen II and moving the assembly. Roadsters built at old facility, production stopped, then coupes built at the new facility (CAAP). Rear exhaust was common to all '96 roadsters because of the transition from OBD I to OBD II pollution requiring a second O2 sensor after the catalytic converter, which couldn't be done with the Gen I side exhaust. A different axle ratio was provided with the CS edition. Don't remember what it was. Adjustable pedals? NOT.