96 GTS Trouble Codes

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the "Service Engine Soon" light and using the old key cycle technique I got the following codes:

35, 71, 55

Can someone tell me what they mean? And can someone tell me where to get that information? I could not find it in my service manual.

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Code 35 has to do with the control circuits for the relays that control radiator high and low speed for the radiator fan. The code 71 is for the auxilary 5 volt sensor circuit feed that is to low. The code 55 means the end of the sequence of codes. Question for you, have you had any other electrical problems with the vehicle? Has anything changed on the vehicle, such as body damage, changed a battery, added any equipment, made any engine mods, disconnected any wiring connectors, etc? I looking for some other input that may help find the problem.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob see Tom Burek at Gregory crysler in lake villa,he's been servicing the VCA guy.847-356-1108.Hope to see you 31st.12pm-4pm.

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,

The only change to the car prior to the problem was instalation of one of Rich Detert's shorter shifter shafts. A great change by the way, much faster shifts. However in the process I did end up leaving the interior dome lights on for 5 or 6 hours. I have a very new red top optima battery though...

I'll poke around this weekend and see if it is something obvious with the fan relay and its power supplies.

Scott,

Good news. I have been getting real tired of dealing with Sunnyside. Since I have a warentee I'll take it in there next week if I can't find something myself.

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,

I checked the fuse and both fan relays and all were OK. She goes into the dealer next week.

I have to get this dealt with before the 31st. Proper cooling is a must for the strip!

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer. The tech could not find anything wrong and he had never seen these codes before. In fact one was not even in his book (the small red one with touble shooting steps). So he called their tech line.

DC says they have only seen these codes 3 times before and there were no repairs associated with the codes. One time the battery had been changed recently. My codes came about 4 weeks after my battery swap...

Gary and I agreed to clear the codes and wait and see what happens next... Car runs fine. Can't for the 31st. You coming out Steve? I'll show you how to shift to 4th...
smile.gif

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the drawbacks from owning a business like this is not being able to drive the cars on the weekends becasue they're always out......

Maybe it will cancel..... what about my 911.... I know I'll eat Viper dust... just curious what it'll do....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery