96 RT/10 thats for sale in Michigan

JD Collie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, this viper is for sale in Michigan I found on CarGurus. I’m looking to see if anybody on here is familiar with this car? It states it has 388 miles on it, and I’m very interested in it. I wanted the opinion of some experts on the price and if anybody knows the history of this car. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
J

JD Collie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 1996 number RT/10 #276 I bought for 42k with 29k miles in it. Although GTS Deans comment is pretty comical, is the price of this car worth 40k more than my last one. Yeah I know its worth what someone is willing to pay, but an RT/10 at this price causes me caution, even with the miles.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 388 miles on it it hasn't been out in public very much. I can't say that I've seen it.

Grand Rapids is halfway between Detroit and Chicago. So it may have been known in Chi town.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 1996 number RT/10 #276 I bought for 42k with 29k miles in it. Although GTS Deans comment is pretty comical, is the price of this car worth 40k more than my last one. Yeah I know its worth what someone is willing to pay, but an RT/10 at this price causes me caution, even with the miles.
@GTS Dean comment comical? You know he was just stating the asking price clearly listed in the ad?

And yes, no mile cars from collection bring in way more money then driven cars, multiple owner driven cars. They just go to the next collector (investor) and sit in the collection hoping/waiting to appreciate or when they find something else they want and need to liquidate cars or they die and the family starts liquidating the collection. You are comparing 2 different classes or uses for the car. I wipe my ass with toilet paper he wipes his with $100 bills.

I wouldn't pay for them but I would also drive the cars in my collection and not look at them as investments. Buy what you like, enjoy it and how much you lose, win or scratch on is not relevant.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, you need to be proactive in your car searches. A vin search would have lead you to knowing a lot more!!

This Viper was on BAT 1 month ago, brought a high bid of $60k. BAT has had a 2 sub 1k mile vipers and one with 1.1k in the past year. a 157 '94 had a high bid of $73.3, a 30 mile '94 high bid $83k, a 1.1k mile '95 sold for $59, So what's it worth, at least $60k today, maybe someone will pay that asking price.

If you want a "driver" viper this isn't the one. By this to park it and treat it like art, look only!!! Drive it, and the first 1,000 miles will cost you $20K in depreciation!!! Good luck!!

OP
OP
J

JD Collie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, you need to be proactive in your car searches. A vin search would have lead you to knowing a lot more!!

This Viper was on BAT 1 month ago, brought a high bid of $60k. BAT has had a 2 sub 1k mile vipers and one with 1.1k in the past year. a 157 '94 had a high bid of $73.3, a 30 mile '94 high bid $83k, a 1.1k mile '95 sold for $59, So what's it worth, at least $60k today, maybe someone will pay that asking price.

If you want a "driver" viper this isn't the one. By this to park it and treat it like art, look only!!! Drive it, and the first 1,000 miles will cost you $20K in depreciation!!! Good luck!!

OP
OP
J

JD Collie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for info. I was really asking if anyone knew this car, as the community is pretty small comparatively speaking. I did a CarFax, but hadnt gone further. I am looking for a driver again, but this one looked so clean. Looks like about 95% of the miles were put on it 20+ years ago. Thanks again for the coaching.

ICULater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings, this viper is for sale in Michigan I found on CarGurus. I’m looking to see if anybody on here is familiar with this car? It states it has 388 miles on it, and I’m very interested in it. I wanted the opinion of some experts on the price and if anybody knows the history of this car. Thanks in advance.
I have a 97 RT10 that going to be a BAT car. Under 20,000 miles and very very special, one of only 3 made with the gold package, comes with tan interior, gold badging and gold wheels I’m original owner, 2nd was the viper in the Motor Trend test drive (on internet) 3rd was a Canadian car. Although Motor Trend call it a 1998 model, I saw it being made along with mine Have tape of mine going down the assembly line. Comes with cover, rack to hold roof, and lots more of viper stuff if interested call at 214 616-1815 I think I think I can get at $70,000

robertabelson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much do they want for it? It is basically a new car. But those headgaskets............
Price is important . I own the exact car and have owned mine since 1999. I have put 135,000 miles on it , only had 3,000 when purchased , and I know much about it .

Attachments

• IMG_6792.jpeg
    IMG_6792.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6787.jpeg
    IMG_6787.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6781.jpeg
    IMG_6781.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6780.jpeg
    IMG_6780.jpeg